OK, I Am Not Impartial.....

but I am ready to predict that this kid will be at least as good as Patrick Willis. Yeah, I said this.

If, IF IF IF IF IF Kyle Williams comes back healthy, I am thinking that this player, along with Dareus, could possibly provide the Bills with the best defensive middle in the NFL.

Opinions please.

youtube.com/watch?v=DXsxoisEmxQ

Other than knowing that Iowa and Wisconsin are basically O-line factories, Bill, I'm actually fairly impartial when it comes to schools - but certainly have no problems with drafting 'bama's entire D this year!!!!

Anyway, I was just putting the final touches on my '2012 Bills' Dream Draft' as I read your post - here' goes nothin'...

R1 - David DeCastro, RG, Stanford (6'5", 310 lbs.)

R2 - Dont'a Hightower, ILB, Alabama (6'4", 260 lbs.)

R3 - Chandler Jones, DE, Syracuse (6'5", 265 lbs.)

R4a-Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia Tech (6'5", 206 lbs.)

R4b-Kevin Zeitler, OG, Wisconsin (6'4", 315 lbs.)

R5a-Terrell Manning, OLB, NC State (6'3", 233 lbs.)

R5b-Jeff Fuller, WR, Texas A&M (6'4", 220 lbs.)

R6 - Nick Foles, QB, Arizona (6'5", 240 lbs.)

R7a-Levi Adcock, RT, Oklahoma State (6'5", 322 lbs.)

R7b-Jared Crick, DE, Nebraska (6'4", 279 lbs.)

And, as always, not a single one of these picks will will happen!

BTW - in the long run, you & I will be proven right about Ryan Mallet (just as I will about Graham Harrell, whom the Bills FINALLY tried to steal from GB late last season) - Mallett will be the stud/standout QB in NE* for years to come after Brady* retires!

GO BILLSSS!!!!

"I expect to win every game!" - Chan Gailey

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

Edited by The Senator

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They could trade down and draft this kid.

As far as Mallett, who knew he had substance, and even perhaps other issues? Actually, I still wish they had drafted him before NE.

Upshaw is fantastic, but he might be better suited for 3/4. Not too sure.

Mallett's arm > Fitz's arm Wish we would have used a 3rd 4th rounder on him...

I like Hightower as a DE, so I think it has to be a 2nd round choice (if the FO is thinking of taking him that is), I don't really expect he will last until then. I think Upshaw is good too and he forsure isn't going to last until then. I wish we could draft them both. I have a bad feeling BINYC that your worst nightmare is going to happen in this draft and the Bills will draft a CB at number 10 (which I am not exactly crazy about either). It is just a feeling I have (with the probable BPAs available when I work out a draft). It all depends on FA though. So I will not pin it down in a thread yet.

I would almost be willing to use a 10 on him but I am not sure the FO will. I really think if Bell signs or not they will go LT or CB (at this point based on ratings of what is out there).

Tell me why you like Hightower at DE. seriously. ILB to DE? i have not watched any tape and i have read only some.

I don't like where we are sitting this year either. the dire need of pass rushers is almost blinding and not feeling good at ten for any of them. I dont feel that we need to draft a LT this year at ten either. Bell might play a full season and Hairston is servicable.

Wr, because we need and might be the pick but i think their are enough later in draft and the Fa is just starting up. A corner might be the pick. None of these thrill me like last years options at #3 of course.

Gotta love the intensity of this kid. If we don't get him, we'd better get someone like him.

That's the key to this team getting better, and I have confidence that Buddy and Chan get that - you've got to have tough, tough players to win. That's an absolute. It's why I have faith in their plan. From day one they took the loofah sponges out of the showers and put in sandpaper towels.

Opinions please.

It doesn't happen often, but I agree with you on this one. :lol::beer:

Hightower seems to have the "it factor" the Bills have lacked for a long, long, loooong time. Love to have him somehow, someway...

However as we all know, arm strength is a very small part of the overall equation.

And much to mallets dismay last April, it became obvious that meth use is a small part too. Though not small enough to drop him to the 7th like fitz. An interesting case study really. (not even trying to comment on eithers successes in the league - I just started typing a snarky comment about mallet and meth and trailed into a realization that he really didn't slide that far when you think about it)

Edited by NoSaint

Other than knowing that Iowa and Wisconsin are basically O-line factories, Bill, I'm actually fairly impartial when it comes to schools - but certainly have no problems with drafting 'bama's entire D this year!!!!

Anyway, I was just putting the final touches on my '2012 Bills' Dream Draft' as I read your post - here' goes nothin'...

R1 - David DeCastro, RG, Stanford (6'5", 310 lbs.)

R2 - Dont'a Hightower, ILB, Alabama (6'4", 260 lbs.)

R3 - Chandler Jones, DE, Syracuse (6'5", 265 lbs.)

R4a-Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia Tech (6'5", 206 lbs.)

R4b-Kevin Zeitler, OG, Wisconsin (6'4", 315 lbs.)

R5a-Terrell Manning, OLB, NC State (6'3", 233 lbs.)

R5b-Jeff Fuller, WR, Texas A&M (6'4", 220 lbs.)

R6 - Nick Foles, QB, Arizona (6'5", 240 lbs.)

R7a-Levi Adcock, RT, Oklahoma State (6'5", 322 lbs.)

R7b-Jared Crick, DE, Nebraska (6'4", 279 lbs.)

And, as always, not a single one of these picks will will happen!

BTW - in the long run, you & I will be proven right about Ryan Mallet (just as I will about Graham Harrell, whom the Bills FINALLY tried to steal from GB late last season) - Mallett will be the stud/standout QB in NE* for years to come after Brady* retires!

GO BILLSSS!!!!

"I expect to win every game!" - Chan Gailey

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

Very nice senator but no way in the world is Crick going in the 7th rnd, we will be lucky to get him in the 2nd. Also a little heavy on the O-line going to need some more pass rush and corners.

Very nice senator but no way in the world is Crick going in the 7th rnd, we will be lucky to get him in the 2nd. Also a little heavy on the O-line going to need some more pass rush and corners.

Thanks BB - my dream draft is just that - plus it is pre Free Agency acquisitions and losses, which obviously could change our needs somewhat. However, I stand by my opinion of Crick - I see slow, damaged goods and lots of weaknesses. I see him going in round 7 or being signed as an undrafted FA.

As for my proclivity toward stacking the o-line, B2, my reasoning should be obvious... B-)

It would be natural to assume that Mike Leach's spread offense would lead the coach to make quarterbacks and receivers his top priority in recruiting. His first recruiting class at Washington State...with the addition of 28 players, suggests otherwise. Leach and the Cougars received letters of intent from seven offensive linemen, a total that makes up a quarter of their total signees. That wasn't by accident.

"This is a little-known fact -- and part of it is because our quarterbacks have gotten tremendous stats over the years, we've got two marquee receivers in the NFL with Wes Welker and Michael Crabtree -- but the single position we have the most guys in the NFL is offensive line. It's probably the position I cherish the most because I coached offensive line for 10 years...Offensive line and defensive line is why they have football to begin with, so you can see huge people collide with others of various shapes and sizes." - Mike Leach

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :beer:

Edited by The Senator

Not just Crick, Stephan Hill is a projected 2nd or 3rd rounder who might go late in the first round due to his combine workout.

DeCastro is another strange pick for me, and although I like the guy, the Bills need help at OT. I can see Reiff or Martin depending on what the Dolphins do, and if they sign Manning.

BTW, Mallett was selected by the Patriots as trade bait IMO, and they will continue to try and make him look good in pre season games so they can get a #1 from some fool team. That guy would have become hamburger behind the Bills line the last two years

Bill, I was getting on the Upshaw train but he doesn't seem like the explosive pass rusher you take at #10. Still, he was a productive player in the SEC so what are your feelings about him as a pro?

Still, it's pretty hard to discount anyone from Bama. They run a pro style defense and Saban is a db but he is a great defensive coach. Personally, I think their safety (forget his name right now) will be the best pro from this group.

Bill, I was getting on the Upshaw train but he doesn't seem like the explosive pass rusher you take at #10. Still, he was a productive player in the SEC so what are your feelings about him as a pro?

Still, it's pretty hard to discount anyone from Bama. They run a pro style defense and Saban is a db but he is a great defensive coach. Personally, I think their safety (forget his name right now) will be the best pro from this group.

Mark Barron I believe

BTW, Mallett was selected by the Patriots as trade bait IMO, and they will continue to try and make him look good in pre season games so they can get a #1 from some fool team. That guy would have become hamburger behind the Bills line the last two years

You mean while he was playing QB at Arkansas???? :unsure:

(You do realize that Mallett was an NFL rookie last season, yes? Did Fitz get killed playing behind the Bills o-line last season?)

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :thumbsup:

Edited by The Senator

He'll go a 3-4 team and start for them for 10 years. I'm actually quite happy with Shep. You know the interesting thing is that this draft has WAY more 3-4 talent than last year's. I almost wish we weren't converting back to a 4-3

Sigh - really true. This is the first time I can remember there being a surplus of 3-4 players in the draft.

I've been arguing the last couple years we should have stuck with 4-3 because it's harder to get the 3-4 players, but that sure isn't fitting the facts this year.

Maybe I'll hold out hope that being a 4-3 team will make the Bills more attractive to Super Mario as a FA desitination?? :doh:

Sigh - really true. This is the first time I can remember there being a surplus of 3-4 players in the draft.

I've been arguing the last couple years we should have stuck with 4-3 because it's harder to get the 3-4 players, but that sure isn't fitting the facts this year.

Yet another reason why Crick's stock will continue to fall.

Brother Bill, I had no idea you were a huge Bama fan...I can't stand that team, especially Saban, but I would have no problem turning another one of their front 7 players on D into a Buffalo Bill :D I've been pretty sold on Upshaw for a while...I'd love to see him in B-lo. As long as we don't draft any skill players or DBs with our first pick, I'll be happy. I want a big, bad snarly sumbiatch for the defense.

And Hightower is the badest sumbitch of them all, IMO. Upshaw, Hightower, Mercillus, Coples (Bit risky but with large upside potential), and Curry. At number 10, boy what a decision, one two, or three of these guys are going to be fantastic in this league under the right coaching. Can it be Buffalo? Who knows?

Tim-

section 122 is right. Mark Barron is a monster.

The team is chock full of fantastic players. William Vlachos is a little small, but he is worth a look at Center in the mid to late rounds. He was an important factor in opening holes for Ingram and Richardson, and he blocked for qbs with a similar style to Fitz.

We are very, very thin at the LB spot, and I would love to see Hightower or Upshaw. But ultimately, I would also be fine with a LT at #10

Thanks BB - my dream draft is just that - plus it is pre Free Agency acquisitions and losses, which obviously could change our needs somewhat. However, I stand by my opinion of Crick - I see slow, damaged goods and lots of weaknesses. I see him going in round 7 or being signed as an undrafted FA.

As for my proclivity toward stacking the o-line, B2, my reasoning should be obvious... B-)

It would be natural to assume that Mike Leach's spread offense would lead the coach to make quarterbacks and receivers his top priority in recruiting. His first recruiting class at Washington State...with the addition of 28 players, suggests otherwise. Leach and the Cougars received letters of intent from seven offensive linemen, a total that makes up a quarter of their total signees. That wasn't by accident.

"This is a little-known fact -- and part of it is because our quarterbacks have gotten tremendous stats over the years, we've got two marquee receivers in the NFL with Wes Welker and Michael Crabtree -- but the single position we have the most guys in the NFL is offensive line. It's probably the position I cherish the most because I coached offensive line for 10 years...Offensive line and defensive line is why they have football to begin with, so you can see huge people collide with others of various shapes and sizes." - Mike Leach

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :beer:

Like the O-line theory but I really like the guys we have but LT, beside Nix likes to raid the practice squad for his probowlers :D

Yet another reason why Crick's stock will continue to fall.

he can play 43 DE too, putting him in the new buzz word category "scheme diverse" :thumbsup: