Martin Vs Adams

Looks like Nix likes Mike Adams and Johnathon Martin over Reiff, and probably the Ends too.

"The top left tackle, Southern Cal's Matt Kalil, is expected to be a top-five pick. Iowa's Riley Reiff has a slight chance to last to No. 10. After him, Stanford's Jonathan Martin and Ohio State's Mike Adams, are considered potential top-15 picks.

Nix on Reiff: "He's very athletic. He's not a power guy, but he can anchor when he has good technique."

Nix on Martin: "Good player, a very good player."

http://www.buffalone...e?twobillsdrive

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

I like Martin and wouldnt be opposed to the Bills taking him at 10

been saying all offseason the Bills line is not as good as the numbers indicate and would like to see a legit LT they can put there and not worry about for the next 10 years

I like Martin and wouldnt be opposed to the Bills taking him at 10

been saying all offseason the Bills line is not as good as the numbers indicate and would like to see a legit LT they can put there and not worry about for the next 10 years

I like the idea of not having to worry about LT for the next 10 years, and if the guys there and Nix feels that strongly, then im OK with drafting tackle at that spot...my main concern is it HAS to be a cant miss prospect (as much as you can have one in the draft) much like Dareus was safe and "cant miss" last year...

I gotta say this type of thing is why I wish the draft happened before free agency. The Bills would be in a lot better spot knowing who they had taken at 10 and knowing what they need to do in fa then vice versa. If they end up having the option of taking a good lt but already signed bell what do they do?

I gotta say this type of thing is why I wish the draft happened before free agency. The Bills would be in a lot better spot knowing who they had taken at 10 and knowing what they need to do in fa then vice versa. If they end up having the option of taking a good lt but already signed bell what do they do?

Chicken and egg then right?

I mean if you have already signed Bell then you probably take the best guy at one of the other 'need' positions.

I know they draft best player on the board in Buffalo...but if youhave an OL and a LB with the same grade and you 'need' a LB more then an OL you draft the LB...right?

Chicken and egg then right?

I mean if you have already signed Bell then you probably take the best guy at one of the other 'need' positions.

I know they draft best player on the board in Buffalo...but if youhave an OL and a LB with the same grade and you 'need' a LB more then an OL you draft the LB...right?

Sure in theory... but how many times do players have the same grade? That would be an interesting thing to find out. I know the only other comparison is the nba but I prefer that method. It takes a lot of the guessing out of it imo. If you can just take the best player then focus on your needs in free agency where you can get a starter if you need one easier than you can through the draft.

Sound to me like OT is our first round pick this year. Nix and Gailey fool everyone by telling them exactly what they want to do in the draft and then everyone assumes it's a smoke screen. Nix is not really high on the DEs at the top of the draft and likes the talent in rounds 2 - 5. Ingram and Upshaw are short with short arms and he even identified Upshaw as a bull rusher that won't get away with it every down in the NFL. We are looking at FA CBs so we are likely to fill that need there.

He likes the tackles and is more impressed with these two guys over Reiff who I heard could even project as a Guard to start. Unless someone falls to us it looks like we are going with an OT. We had a rotating collection of "potential" at LT last year that couldn't consistently get the job done. We would be served well to get a day 1 starter that can stay healthy.

I want a pass rushing DE or LB that is also stout against the run but if they aren't there at #10 don't reach!

Edited by PDaDdy

Sound to me like OT is our first round pick this year. Nix and Gailey fool everyone by telling them exactly what they want to do in the draft and then everyone assumes it's a smoke screen. Nix is not really high on the DEs at the top of the draft and likes the talent in rounds 2 - 5. Ingram and Upshaw are short with short arms and he even identified Upshaw as a bull rusher that won't get away with it every down in the NFL. We are looking at FA CBs so we are likely to fill that need there.

He likes the tackles and is more impressed with these two guys over Reiff who I heard could even project as a Guard to start. Unless someone falls to us it looks like we are going with an OT. We had a rotating collection of "potential" at LT last year that couldn't consistently get the job done. We would be served well to get a day 1 starter that can stay healthy.

I want a pass rushing DE or LB that is also stout against the run but if they aren't there at #10 don't reach!

What a perfectly sane, rational post.

I cant poke a single hole in it. I guess we need to start warming up to an OT in the 10 hole. This isnt the first post to remind us that Nix/Gailey dont bluff, and every time i see one, I tell myself just to get comfortable with it, 'cause its comin.

Thank you for talking me off the "reach" ledge, sir.

Gotta disagree. FAgency is all about filling needs. The draft isn't necessarily. Especially when picking in the top 10. If we can fill a couple needs in FAgency it will give us a lot more freedom to select BPA at 10 without worrying about reaching for a need. Not that Nix would do that anyway. If they feel a T at 10 is BPA they'll probably select him regardless of the Bell situation.

GO BILLS!!!

Just to remind everyone. Everything said before the draft is either a lie, or it's not.

Yep. Like Nix says, "Everybody's trying to rob the same train."

Love that line.

GO BILLS!!!

I like the idea of not having to worry about LT for the next 10 years, and if the guys there and Nix feels that strongly, then im OK with drafting tackle at that spot...my main concern is it HAS to be a cant miss prospect (as much as you can have one in the draft) much like Dareus was safe and "cant miss" last year...

Martin, should solidify the LT for 4 years anyway until his contract comes due.

THe draft is where you stock the shelf, Free agency is where you should fine tune!

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more accurate and less deceptive subject lines. The topic starter can edit the subject line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

Tackle is an option for Bills

Stanford's Martin could help Fitz with blitz

"Jonathan Martin, to me, is the prototypical left tackle," said Mike Mayock, NFL Network draft analyst. "Gifted athletically, needs to get a little bit stronger. A lot of things I said about Kalil, you could say about him. Needs to get a little bit stronger but will protect the quarterback."

Martin resisted a strong recruiting pitch from Harvard, Fitzpatrick's alma mater. Both of Martin's parents are Harvard graduates, and it's believed he would have been the university's first fourth-generation African-American student. Martin's great grandfather on his mother's side graduated from Harvard in 1924 and knew W.E.B. DuBois, the famed sociologist, historian and civil rights activist (and a Harvard man, as well.)

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article746147.ece?twobillsdrive

i happen to think that Martin will be the pick at #10.

They would be better off resigning Bell and drafting DeCastro.

Agree. If they can get Bell to agree to a reasonable deal, the combination of him and Hairston should be fine for LT. Decastro then becomes an all-world RG. Wood is placed on PUP list and comes back about week 7. Now the line is young, has depth, and can be very solid with competition at every spot except LG.