Stevie Johnson Contract SIGNED

iommi

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Like maybe I shouldn't take millions of dollars from someone and 10 minutes later the pain I've had for years is suddenly unbearable.

Do you or do you not recall him attempting to play? It was more than 10 minutes.

Is there anything Fitz won't do fior his team?

Listening to presser now. SJ thanks Ralph Wilson for drafting him. Curious. Did Ralph actually make that pick?

PTR

No, Ralph only drafts the failed players.

Bowe?

Yeah, I can't see them letting Bowe walk. The other choice would be Carr, but they signed Routt to that big deal.

Like maybe I shouldn't take millions of dollars from someone and 10 minutes later the pain I've had for years is suddenly unbearable.

I have to say that I agree with you. It's kind of like with Merriman. He delayed having surgery so as to get the big money deal. But that's water under the bridge now. Hopefully both play at their pre-injury levels.

Nice. Got a shade under $7M. Good deal for both sides. Hopefully it has a clause about getting money back if he gets any more personal fouls for celebrations. ;)

I agree it is a good deal for both sides. Johnson got what he is worth, plus the nice guarantee. And the Bills got a player they would have had to replace in FA or the draft.

Definitely a win-win.

Edited by CodeMonkey

i think you pair him with a guy that has a solid rep now in colston or garcon - either a good fit for this type of offense, experience with smart offensive systems, and both seemingly very adult in how they handle their work.

Ralph is cheap!

Buddy is doing EXACTLY what he said he would do. He's building through the draft and retaining the players that they have identified as "key".

Exactly and this speaks volumes to the locker room too.

We have a lot of 7th rounders and UDFA that are contributing on the team.

This is a message that if you do your job, if you practice hard and perform well on the field you can get paid well in Buffalo and don't have to find greener pastures elsewhere.

This is huge!!!

If they didn't franchise Stevie at 4:00pm today I was going to change my screen name to "Are the Bills Serious?"

Now I'm good on the screen name front for 3-5 years if I choose.

Clearly the "threat" of the franchise tag, moved this deal forward.

Good work Bills FO!

Ok, just want to say "I was wrong Stevie." I did not think you would end up signing here, because given your attempts to gain attention, I figured you would go to a bigger market. Good on you!

Ok, just want to say "I was wrong Stevie." I did not think you would end up signing here, because given your attempts to gain attention, I figured you would go to a bigger market. Good on you!

People think it was about personal attention....and he very showed that he was a selfish person outside of 1 end zone celebration ... which was still funny!

I don't think he would have had the choice in 2012.

Given the timing of the deal. It looks like Nix was waiving the franchise tag around. Hence the front loaded contract as opposed to a backloaded contract. A Backloaded contract is generally more common and gives the FO a chance to cut dead weight if a player's skills diminish with time. A Front loaded contract means the contract might comprehend the price of the 1 year Franchise contract.

Good job by Nix and Johnson on coming to a deal without dropping the Franchise tag hammer.

If they had to use the franchise tag it makes Buffalo look like, the only way a player will sign with them if they are forced to sign.

It does look a little Aryan Nations-like, right?? I see that picture without knowing who it is, and I'm assuming he's wearing hobnail boots.

Oh no, a member of the media has picked up on this.

My stomach turned when I saw that, because you can just see how that is going to be taken the wrong way. I think it might be a poorly trimmed 13 or #13.

Edited by Why So Serious?