Stevie Johnson Contract SIGNED

iommi

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GOOD, we need to sign him. The last thing we need is for Johnson and Demetrius Bell our 7th round pick starters, who are only 25, to leave and have the board clamouring for who to pick in the first round to replace them. We've have the two of them and Fred Jackson on the cheap the last few years, while first round picks bust out one after another. We need to resign our solid starters and use our top pics on positions of weakness rather than replacing these guys...

This must be some kind of mistake; I distinctly remember reading on this very board that Johnson is already gone.

It says so here:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/142137-schefter-tweet/page__view__findpost__p__2383916

And here:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/142137-schefter-tweet/page__view__findpost__p__2383942

So get your facts straight!

If negiotions are ongoing this probably means he will sign at some point. Most of the time when a player walks they are so far apart they don't even want to talk to the team.

the WR FA is pretty deep this year. Alot of players don't like the uncertainty and are willing to sign the best deal they can with their current team just in case they get less in Free Agency.

This is good news. We need to resign him prior to FA. Otherwise San Fran will come in, and then we will have to overpay to keep him.

Im not sure how I missed the fact that Stevie's agent is CJ LaBoy. Im vaguely acquainted with CJ from sporting events around Atlanta. I've even gotten tickets to Falcons games from him.

Hmmm, might be time to send an email asking him to take it easy on our team. 0:)

Yes, please do!~

I expect the Bills to sign Stevie although I predict it will not be until the eve of FA or just after.

He would be kind of dumb to not let it get to that point unless the Bills offer reaches what he is asking for, which is unlikely (only because almost all players want more than they eventually get, not that the Bills offer will not be substantial). I think the Bills know they need him, and I think he knows that playing with Fitz right now is advantageous to him. It must be enticing to think about playing on a team with a real strong defense and offensive line, or great QB, but I genuinely think that Johnson likes it in Buffalo and will sign. He's going to make a lot of money wherever he signs.

I expect the Bills to sign Stevie although I predict it will not be until the eve of FA or just after.

He would be kind of dumb to not let it get to that point unless the Bills offer reaches what he is asking for, which is unlikely (only because almost all players want more than they eventually get, not that the Bills offer will not be substantial). I think the Bills know they need him, and I think he knows that playing with Fitz right now is advantageous to him. It must be enticing to think about playing on a team with a real strong defense and offensive line, or great QB, but I genuinely think that Johnson likes it in Buffalo and will sign. He's going to make a lot of money wherever he signs.

I think Stevie took offense to the "hand eye coordination" contract clause that said he need to practice catch 150 balls every day in any offseason that he loses a game by dropping an easy pass. Its right after the No Celebration clause which even includes his kids birthdays and new years eve....

Just kidding Stevie, we love you man. Getting a fat payday is something you've earned, and its even better because normally Ralph is Ch___

Based on the things that Steve has said and the things that the Bills have said, I think that Stevie knows his best chance for continued success is with the Bills. His style of play is not conducive to all offenses. He runs unique routes and plays the game differently and outside of the box than most conventional NFL WRs. It works in Chan's offense with Fitz throwing the ball. Does it work in SF with Alex Smith throwing the ball? I don't know, but I wouldn't want to take that chance if I were a player like him. He is not fast, he not really that quick. He gets open because he run routes like a small forward trying to shake a defender to set up a pick off a base-line curl.

This must be some kind of mistake; I distinctly remember reading on this very board that Johnson is already gone.

It says so here:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/142137-schefter-tweet/page__view__findpost__p__2383916

And here:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/142137-schefter-tweet/page__view__findpost__p__2383942

So get your facts straight!

Well I read it on TBD, and that means it must be true.