Mularkey's son arrested for crack

It's truly sad when any person succumbs to any addiction....but one that is destructive and illegal is far worse...and yes, some addictions are legal, i.e. gambling...but, regardless of my opinion of Mularkey as a coach, as a father I can only imagine what he must be going through and this difficult time for him and the rest of his family....hope the kid gets the help he needs and turns his life around...

Well said. I fail to see the humor that others in this thread are finding in this incident. As a father, I am in constant fear that my children may make bad choices despite my parenting. Also, Mularkey was classy and never did anything to earn the spite of Bills fans (besides not being a good HC). As you said, hope the kid takes this as a lesson and pulls it together

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's truly sad when any person succumbs to any addiction....but one that is destructive and illegal is far worse...and yes, some addictions are legal, i.e. gambling...but, regardless of my opinion of Mularkey as a coach, as a father I can only imagine what he must be going through and this difficult time for him and the rest of his family....hope the kid gets the help he needs and turns his life around...

I wouldn't be so quick to assume that he is an addict. Many people take drugs occasionally who are not addicts. He just got caught.

Just shocking to me, but I guess it shouldn't be. My sister was telling me the same thing--very common at her private college too.

The school I went to was super strict, so you would never see anything like that (or at least I didn't).

The biggest thing with college and cocaine is disposable income really. It was very present at my school and several other ones I was around where the kids had deep pockets to go that direction. It's even easier to hide than beer (volume and behavior) or smoking (smell).

Edited by NoSaint

I wouldn't be so quick to assume that he is an addict. Many people take drugs occasionally who are not addicts. He just got caught.

You may be right....but given my line of work, which I would rather not discuss, I'll say that FAR more often than not, when someone is using cocaine enough to get caught, as you pointed out, it's far more than just an occasional use....also, cocaine is highly addictive...let's just say the chances of getting caught on your first or second use, would be in the realm of playing the lottery - it happens to someone, just not usually you...

Edited by BigBuff423

Cocaine really is not as big a deal as people make it out. Sure, I've known a few people that got carried away with it, but I can't point to anyone I've ever known and say [powder] cocaine really ruined that guy's life.

I know people whose lives have been ruined by smoking crack or doing heroin, but powder cocaine...not so much. Don't believe the hype.

Cocaine really is not as big a deal as people make it out. Sure, I've known a few people that got carried away with it, but I can't point to anyone I've ever known and say [powder] cocaine really ruined that guy's life.

I know people whose lives have been ruined by smoking crack or doing heroin, but powder cocaine...not so much. Don't believe the hype.

I will say your experience is not totally reflective of the norm. It causes big issues too.

I've had a relationship ruined by it, although I will say that it does not appear to be ruining her life.

I will say your experience is not totally reflective of the norm. It causes big issues too.

A friend of mine put it best. He said it's fine to do it every once in a while, but when you do it every time you drink, and you drink every day, it becomes a problem.

The difference between powder cocaine and crack or heroin is that people can (usually) remove themselves from the situation, stop tootin, and get their lives back on track. Crack heads and heroin addicts usually don't come back.

A friend of mine put it best. He said it's fine to do it every once in a while, but when you do it every time you drink, and you drink every day, it becomes a problem.

The difference between powder cocaine and crack or heroin is that people can (usually) remove themselves from the situation, stop tootin, and get their lives back on track. Crack heads and heroin addicts usually don't come back.

That friend of yours...wouldn't happen to be a drug DEALER, by any chance, would he?

Sounds all well and good. But this is an extremely simplified and exaggerated opinion on human addiction.

The kid ripped a few lines out partying. They were alone and it was for self use. They weren't being loud,trying to sell it or causing a ruckus! 21, 22 yr olds do these things in college. O well if it was Mularkeys kid nobody would care.

Edited by snamsnoops

That friend of yours...wouldn't happen to be a drug DEALER, by any chance, would he?

Sounds all well and good. But this is an extremely simplified and exaggerated opinion on human addiction.

That question is very revealing. You've told us a lot about yourself and nothing about the subject matter.

Yeah, it's pretty sad that people feel the need to take pleasure in someone else's troubles because the guy wasn't a good enough football coach. IT also seems to be a bad pattern of football coaches' kids getting in trouble or having serious issues (Reid, Dungy, the GB OC). I always thought about getting into coaching but the hours don't really seem worth it.

It is hard work raising kids.

True Dat. And it is way too easy for kids to get sucked in by the potent and readily-available substances at high schools and colleges. Hopefully the kid can fully recover. The stuff is incredibly addictive.

Edited by Mr_Blizzard

Can you point to anyone who has said you know when my life really turned around? When I started doing coke.

Don't discount this drug. It is very dangerous and has ruined many lives. To me cocaine is THE gateway drug. When people cross from marijuana to cocaine it becomes much less of a leap to crack or worse. I also feel since marijuana is so demonized when people try it and find out its not terrible they feel that the info on cocaine probably is wrong too.

I do not mean to attack you personally but I do know people who have lost jobs, families, etc. to cocaine use which usually led to use of harder drugs. The real kicker is that is out of your system so fast (2 days) that many people have this as their drug of choice if they get drug tested at work.