Go On Record...

If Ralph Wilson is no longer the owner of the Bills before 2013, then yes.

If Ralph Wilson is the owner of the Bills in 2013, then no.

Chan Gailey's success is tied to the ownership of the Bills- Ralph Wilson and his management team is not committed to winning.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to see what happens this off season. If the Bills let a bunch of their free agents walk and don't show up to sign anybody of consequense, well then we will know what to expect next season.

weasely reply.

You should be able to factor in what you think is the likelihood of these things happening. And give a simple "yes" or "no" like everybody else.

I'd like to wait until about week 12 next year before I answer. But that isnt the spirit of the question.

Yes

and how can we be held accountable?

How about a fund everyone who goes on record will chip into. A buck or two. Say in two more seasons, the money is split among the people who voted yes or no, depending on whether the Bills make the playoffs by the 2013 season. Or we just give it to a charity.

PTR

I don't really believe Chan was ever the problem, I'm more concerned with whoever is in the draft room and front office (Buddy and Ralph). I don't think we will ever make the playoffs again with our incompetent front office. Sorry don't mean to be debbie downer

Can't pass judgment on that, now. I need to see the Bills pick up some elite free agents and have a great draft, before I can answer your question. If the Bills actually pull this off and re-sign Bell and SJ, and stay healthy than there's no reason not to think he can lead us to the playoffs.

be held accountable For what?

i don't get it either. judging from the op's other (locked) thread, i'm guessing it involves "eating crow" if you're proven wrong at some point. or maybe your tbd privileges will be revoked.

i tend to think that the coaches, players, front office and owner should be held accountable if a team doesn't make the playoffs rather than a random grouping of fans.

weasely reply.

You should be able to factor in what you think is the likelihood of these things happening. And give a simple "yes" or "no" like everybody else.

I'd like to wait until about week 12 next year before I answer. But that isnt the spirit of the question.

Here's the thing, I think the Bills of this year are close to being a playoff team, however, take away Stevie, Bell, McGee, and maybe another player or two and don't replace them with quality NFL caliber starters and suddenly the Bills aren't so close. It's the same scenario that has played out over and over for the past decade. I'd like to know whether the Bills can finally get over the hump with this and finally start building a team instead of constantly patching holes and bailing water. My cynical side says it will be more of the same and Chan Gailey will leave town as frustrated as the fans are. Of course this is January and we are still in the running for Mario Williams and Vincent Jackson. Dashed hopes come later.

i don't get it either. judging from the op's other (locked) thread, i'm guessing it involves "eating crow" if you're proven wrong at some point. or maybe your tbd privileges will be revoked.

i tend to think that the coaches, players, front office and owner should be held accountable if a team doesn't make the playoffs rather than a random grouping of fans.

Yep, fans have no affect on the teams performance.