Donte Whitner - SUCKED TODAY

major

The Saints picked apart Whitner today. Next week, whomever the Niners play, the Giants or Pack will eat his lunch. Man our front office has sucked over the years. I can't believe we selected that guy with the number 8 pick in the 1st round. The sad thing is that Whitner thinks he's good.

He actually played a very good game, forced a turnver, almost forced a second one.

Then he made the biggest gaffe of the game. He played the ball when he should have played the man. Yes, a veteran player should have known what to do.

To say he sucked today is very harsh but yes, he did blow it when it counted most.

Lucky for him the offense bailed him out.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh so if your offense is good then that makes your strong safety more talented. Got it.

Cam Newton must suck then because his defense couldn't stop anyone all year.

I've never understood the mentality that if you win then nothing else matters for football discussion sake. This isn't a thread about who is happy or who won, it's about a player's specific actions on the field. Are you a chick by any chance or just a Jets fan?

I was thinking this thread was more of a sour grapes thing. The anti whitner contingent was not satisfied with the bills letting him go, they need to gain further empty satisfaction rooting for his failures while his team continues to advance deeper into the playoffs arguably on the strength of their defense, on which he is a starter.

Pity.

He actually played a very good game, forced a turnver, almost forced a second one.

Then he made the biggest gaffe of the game. He played the ball when he should have played the man. Yes, a veteran player should have known what to do.

To say he sucked today is very harsh but yes, he did blow it when it counted most.

Lucky for him the offense bailed him out.

Definitely agree.

Safety play killed both sides late. Both teams got big plays and head scratchers out of the position. Great game to watch though!

Oh so if your offense is good then that makes your strong safety more talented. Got it.

Cam Newton must suck then because his defense couldn't stop anyone all year.

I've never understood the mentality that if you win then nothing else matters for football discussion sake. This isn't a thread about who is happy or who won, it's about a player's specific actions on the field. Are you a chick by any chance or just a Jets fan?

I have no idea what your first point means, or where you dug it up.

Read between the lines much? Exagerate much? You put down the entire 49ers defense. I pointed out that they played and beat one of the best offenses ever put on the field. They hit hard all day and attacked the ball. They are an outstanding defense.

Whitner had a very good 3/4 of a game yesterday and made 2 very bad plays in the 4th. How do you think he's feeling today?

Are you a major ass or just a douchbag?

I was thinking this thread was more of a sour grapes thing. The anti whitner contingent was not satisfied with the bills letting him go, they need to gain further empty satisfaction rooting for his failures while his team continues to advance deeper into the playoffs arguably on the strength of their defense, on which he is a starter.

Pity.

ding ding ding...we have a winner.

Pity.

You made a very insightful observation. Losers prefer denigrating winners and making excuses for their habitual losing. It is really sad to witness the ugliness of an inferiority complex nurtured by a losing culture.

Regardless what anyone thinks of Whitner I'm sure that he is very happy to be in the situation he is in now than the situation he came from in western NY. He must feel liberated. I wish him well and I am happy for him.

The Saints picked apart Whitner today. Next week, whomever the Niners play, the Giants or Pack will eat his lunch. Man our front office has sucked over the years. I can't believe we selected that guy with the number 8 pick in the 1st round. The sad thing is that Whitner thinks he's good.

He's no longer a Bill and could care less!

No he didn't. He made his share of really good plays. He missed some others. All in all he played a good game.

He's gone on to another team. Let it go.

WHAT ? no you can't hit guys at any point helmet to helmet

It happens, as bb pointed out literally every play. It happens to ball carriers dozens of times a game. Because they are able to prep for it, you rarely see a guy get clocked like that and go out, unless he is a defenseless player which is protected. Please find the rule, I would love to see where it says h2h contact is completely outlawed. If you want to read the defenseless player rules I'll grab them for you no problem.

As earlier pointed out, spearing would be the only conversation but even that is not relevant in my opinion as I don't think he led with the crown of his helmet. PT went low, donte matched him, the knocked heads. It happens. A lot. I've seen it multiple times already in the balt-hou game. How do you propose tackling a ball carrier that drops his head low? It's a dangerous move to pull and pt should not be rewarded for it. He's lucky that donte was at an angle and not squared up or we might have been talking Kevin Everett style neck injury instead of what I hear is a broken jaw. By the way, another legal helmet to helmet hit and why no player should lower the head like pt did.

Edited by NoSaint

Jeez guy, just let it go...

It wasn't his fault that Dickhead Jauron drafted him at #8 th in the first round when he had a late 2nd round grade.

BTW, they are calling that hit by Whitner that knocked out Pierre Thomas a "Game changer" as the Saints lost their starting RB on that one hit !!!

http://sports.yahoo....urn=nfl,wp16240

I'll never understand the hate for ex Bills players

I agree that the forced fumble he had was a significant play in the game but as far as hatred for ex Bills players goes, I don't think we hate ex Bills players... I think I can speak for everyone on here and say we all still love London Fletcher... We love the uniform first so when players leave we just don't care but in Whitner's case, it was the way he left and all the talking that he does especially negative talk about the Bills organization that has some fans just "hate" him.

Whitner played just the way he always plays.Hard hitter,little to no ball skills,bad angles on tackles-stupid plays on pass routes.Thankfully for him he had a vgood Niner D and a choking Gregg Williams/saint D to cover up for his enormous mistake at the end.

Re-watch the highlights and you'll see Whitner out of place on almost every play. His number is 31 and he made mistakes ALL day. Talking about Whitner feels like beating a dead horse.

Agreed but why start a new thread about him then?

I agree that the forced fumble he had was a significant play in the game but as far as hatred for ex Bills players goes, I don't think we hate ex Bills players... I think I can speak for everyone on here and say we all still love London Fletcher... We love the uniform first so when players leave we just don't care but in Whitner's case, it was the way he left and all the talking that he does especially negative talk about the Bills organization that has some fans just "hate" him.

I didn't hate him but when he took the opportunity to talk trash about the bills right before his playoff appearance, he cemented his status as a numbskull in my opinion and in many others'. He is making himself a topic of conversation among Bills fans by acting like an idiot instead of moving on. Could we do better? Sure, but let's not act like he is some kind of classy figure moving on in his new playoff life while bills fans remain bitter. Donte always talked without backing it up and this week was no different. You don't see better safeties like Polamalu opening their mouths even half as much. A real man would acknowledge the bills gave him the opportunity of a lifetime, that it didn't work out, and that he is in a good situation now.

I have no idea what your first point means, or where you dug it up.

Read between the lines much? Exagerate much? You put down the entire 49ers defense. I pointed out that they played and beat one of the best offenses ever put on the field. They hit hard all day and attacked the ball. They are an outstanding defense.

Whitner had a very good 3/4 of a game yesterday and made 2 very bad plays in the 4th. How do you think he's feeling today?

Are you a major ass or just a douchbag?

ding ding ding...we have a winner.

Yeah, they won because of their defense. You've got it right.