Donte Whitner - SUCKED TODAY

major

The Saints picked apart Whitner today. Next week, whomever the Niners play, the Giants or Pack will eat his lunch. Man our front office has sucked over the years. I can't believe we selected that guy with the number 8 pick in the 1st round. The sad thing is that Whitner thinks he's good.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He didn't suck that bad...he absolutely destroyed a Saints player near the goalline, knocking the dude completely out with a hard hit resulting in a fumble the 49ers recovered and likely preventing a Saints TD. Then he destroyed Devery Henderson with a block after another Brees INT, although it was called back because it was ruled down by contact...didn't see a lot of the game, but the fumble he caused was a huge play in the game, especially considering the final score and where the Saints were on the field when it happened...

The Saints picked apart Whitner today. Next week, whomever the Niners play, the Giants or Pack will eat his lunch. Man our front office has sucked over the years. I can't believe we selected that guy with the number 8 pick in the 1st round. The sad thing is that Whitner thinks he's good.

I was at the game and I thought he looked great.

Wow. In this thread:

Calling Whitner a pothead.

Misery.

Idiots.

A player who is playing in the playoffs that we drafted who must obviously suck.

A former Bill.

The mere thought that someone can judge another person and have such a hatred for them over something so silly is pathetic.

Wow. In this thread:

Calling Whitner a pothead.

Misery.

Idiots.

A player who is playing in the playoffs that we drafted who must obviously suck.

A former Bill.

The mere thought that someone can judge another person and have such a hatred for them over something so silly is pathetic.

And im sure you never pass judgement. The guy is a loser as a person and a joke of a football player.

First half was all pro quality. Big hits, turnovers etc...

Second half he fell apart. Whiffed tackles, missed opportunities.

Yup. That hit/fumble on the goal line was boarder-line orgasmic really is representative of this 49ers team. That second half was ugly and let's be honest he single handedly and RIDICULOUSLY lost the game for the entire team in some strange ninja jump. Only the suddenly great Alex Smith to Vernon Gholston combo saved him.

If that last drive had not worked out, it would literally be Donte Whitner who is blamed and hated in San Fran. It's oddly satisfying to say this. He did make some physical plays though and that's what they place a premium on and it has worked so for with them.

Although i don't believe that Donte ever lived up to his pick 8th over all in the first round i did think he was a decent player for the Bills . That being said i think George Wilson is a much better at the position for Buffalo than Donte was !!

I will give Donte props in the fact that he could play more than 1 position and could play them pretty well at a moments notice which was great for the depth of the Bills D because if some one went down we had more room to move him around & he was willing to do it .

I just wish that who ever it was that thought he was worth a #8 pick in the first round would have shut their mouth during the draft b/c we may have gotten some one that could have been more of an actual first round pick than Donte was !!

mean when he knocked out Pierre Thomas and cracking dudes all day :thumbdown:

First half was all pro quality. Big hits, turnovers etc...

Second half he fell apart. Whiffed tackles, missed opportunities.

+1

He was at fault for the last two saints TDs. That ridiculous "ninja jump" not going for the ball or tackle was one of the worst safety plays I have ever seen.

I got nothing against Donte personally.

But when the saints took the lead, I was thinking "poor Donte he is the scapegoat both of those TDs were his fault. They're gonna run him out of town. "

Then Alex Smith to Vernon DAVIS saved his life.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Jeez guy, just let it go...

It wasn't his fault that Dickhead Jauron drafted him at #8 th in the first round when he had a late 2nd round grade.

BTW, they are calling that hit by Whitner that knocked out Pierre Thomas a "Game changer" as the Saints lost their starting RB on that one hit !!!

http://sports.yahoo....urn=nfl,wp16240

I'll never understand the hate for ex Bills players

Jeez guy, just let it go...

It wasn't his fault that Dickhead Jauron drafted him at #8 th in the first round when he had a late 2nd round grade.

BTW, they are calling that hit by Whitner that knocked out Pierre Thomas a "Game changer" as the Saints lost their starting RB on that one hit !!!

http://sports.yahoo....urn=nfl,wp16240

I'll never understand the hate for ex Bills players

no hate here, just do not thnk he was that good.

was watching end of this game at restarant bar waiting to sit down to eat. I was joking with guy next to me that Donte was too much a Bill, and that it was logical to o assume he would be the goat, as it was part of the Bills jinx. Once the 9ers scored and theyshowed Greggo, he turned to me and was like...double reverse jinx..how do you account for that?????