Don't start thinking spiller is A GOD

Ok, im not a bills fan, also clearly not a fan of ryan fitzpatrick. But my friend has been yapping in my ear about how "CJ SPILLER has potential to b AS good as lesean MCCOY" listen, spiller had a good game against. Im an eagles fan, gratz on the win btw, but it ended better for us in the end :D. Anyways, i don't think spiller has the potential to be even in the same realm as mccoy. Anyone presenting a solid argument is welcomed. I think the bills are also at least 2-3 years away from the post season. I think the team needs to draft first and foremost a pass rush. Chris Kelsay isn't going to cut it. Trust me, having Babin and Cole is terrific, and there isn't anyone on the roster right now who even comes close to either of them. Again, lets argue. By the way, the friend i am talking about is Buffalo_Bills . Lets argue, im bored with the off season already. Expected to be fighting for the right to go to the NFC championship by now..lol...dream team

Ok, im not a bills fan, also clearly not a fan of ryan fitzpatrick. But my friend has been yapping in my ear about how "CJ SPILLER has potential to b AS good as lesean MCCOY" listen, spiller had a good game against. Im an eagles fan, gratz on the win btw, but it ended better for us in the end :D. Anyways, i don't think spiller has the potential to be even in the same realm as mccoy. Anyone presenting a solid argument is welcomed. I think the bills are also at least 2-3 years away from the post season. I think the team needs to draft first and foremost a pass rush. Chris Kelsay isn't going to cut it. Trust me, having Babin and Cole is terrific, and there isn't anyone on the roster right now who even comes close to either of them. Again, lets argue. By the way, the friend i am talking about is Buffalo_Bills . Lets argue, im bored with the off season already. Expected to be fighting for the right to go to the NFC championship by now..lol...dream team

I'll argue since you didn't make the post season all you did was hurt yourself with a worst draft slot.

The Bills don't need Spiller to be McCoy. They already have Fred Jackson, who is better than McCoy.

And the Bills are closer to the post-season than the Eagles. The cap is gonna hit them hard, what with all those high-priced players who are under-producing.

Spillers going to better than McCoy. He's faster, more versataile, has better hands, and runs better routes.

The other thing you gotta remember is that McCoy didn't exactly explode on the scene - it took him a while to grow into the role. McCoy was actually a disappointment initially because he didn't instantly become Westbrook Jr. CJ just has to continue making strides, and all else will fall into place.

First off, I haven't seen anyone, anywhere in the universe refer to Spiller as a "god".

As for his ability, I'd argue that when a running back finishes a season averaging 5.19 yards/carry (86 car for 448 yds) and 7.8 yards/reception (24 rec for 187 yds), with 6 TDs in 6 starts, he's playing some darn good football. Now, if you want to compare Spiller to McCoy, let's look at their final 6 games, since those are the only games in which Spiller received at least 6 touches. McCoy's last 6 games looked like this:

108 carries for 403 yds (3.73 ypc) w/ 7 TDs, 17 rec for 119 yds (7.00 ypr) w/ 1 TD

Spiller faced the following defenses: NYJ, Ten, SD, Mia, Den, NE

McCoy faced the following defenses: NYG, NE, Sea, Mia, NYJ, Dal

So let's compare apples to apples, both players faced Mia, NE, and NYJ. Here's how they stacked up:

McCoy

Versus NE (17th in run defense, 31st vs. pass) - 10 car, 31 yds, 1 TD; 4 rec, 30 yds

Versus Mia (3rd in run defense, 25th vs. pass) - 27 car, 38 yds, 2 TD; 3 rec, 33 yds

Versus NYJ (13th in run defense, 5th vs. pass) - 18 car, 102 yds, 3 TD; 2 rec, -5 yds

Spiller

Versus NE (17th in run defense, 31st vs. pass) - 13 car, 60 yds; 4 rec, 40 yds, 1 TD

Versus Mia (3rd in run defense, 25th vs. pass) - 12 car, 91 yds, 1 TD; 9 rec, 76 yds, 1 TD

Versus NYJ (13th in run defense, 5th vs. pass) - 19 car, 55 yds; 3 rec, 15 yds

I'd say they look about equal to me. Also keep in mind that this is the first opportunity Spiller has had to be a feature back. So maybe while you're hunting for a reason to diss your friend, you could spare some time to look at the player's performance. Your friend's statement isn't very far off.

First off, I haven't seen anyone, anywhere in the universe refer to Spiller as a "god".

As for his ability, I'd argue that when a running back finishes a season averaging 5.19 yards/carry (86 car for 448 yds) and 7.8 yards/reception (24 rec for 187 yds), with 6 TDs in 6 starts, he's playing some darn good football. Now, if you want to compare Spiller to McCoy, let's look at their final 6 games, since those are the only games in which Spiller received at least 6 touches. McCoy's last 6 games looked like this:

108 carries for 403 yds (3.73 ypc) w/ 7 TDs, 17 rec for 119 yds (7.00 ypr) w/ 1 TD

So let's compare apples to apples, both players faced Mia, NE, and NYJ. Here's how they stacked up:

McCoy

Versus NE (17th in run defense, 31st vs. pass) - 10 car, 31 yds, 1 TD; 4 rec, 30 yds

Versus Mia (3rd in run defense, 25th vs. pass) - 27 car, 38 yds, 2 TD; 3 rec, 33 yds

Versus NYJ (13th in run defense, 5th vs. pass) - 18 car, 102 yds, 3 TD; 2 rec, -5 yds

Spiller

Versus NE (17th in run defense, 31st vs. pass) - 13 car, 60 yds; 4 rec, 40 yds, 1 TD

Versus Mia (3rd in run defense, 25th vs. pass) - 12 car, 91 yds, 1 TD; 9 rec, 76 yds, 1 TD

I'd say they look about equal to me. Also keep in mind that this is the first opportunity Spiller has had to be a feature back. So maybe while you're hunting for a reason to diss your friend, you could spare some time to look at the player's performance. Your friend's statement isn't very far off.

Wait a second, are you saying that Spiller outperformed McCoy despite having the legendary Jason Peters on the line?

McCoy

Spiller

Wow, thanks for all the info. I think Spiller is going to be very good. Also, people keep acting like Fred is a long term solution. The guy is 30 years old. He has 1-2 years left, IMO. Spiller is the future and is looking good.

Didn't you know this is a no Troll zone?

Spiller did OK with a O Line missing 3 or more starters. Center Kraig Urbik, Eric Wood, Tackle Demetrius Bell, Chris White.

So please read up before you decide to rip on someone.

Actually, for the part when jackson was healthy, mccoy and him were neck and neck. Tiebreakers? Touchdowns baby. Mccoy had 20 OF THEM. Even if freddy played the whole season, there is no way he would have even approached that number. Mccoy is also 24, Freddy is turning 31. Hows that for our future huh? Remember. The 30s are like death sentences to running backs. Mccoy has been compared to barry sanders, in my opinion the greatest who ever played. I don't think there are many better runners in the nfl than mccoy, I believe peterson and foster are the only ones who are above him

Would you like to pull out the touchdowns? I'm pretty sure mccoy led the league by somewhat of a wide margin.All Spiller has is speed, nothing else. Mccoy is a better receiver, blocker, his cuts are unmatched and his vision is uncanny. You could make an argument for freddy, but not one for spiller. Btw, mccoy played against dallas and i believe so did freddy, u kno, before being 31 caught up to him (not a diss, but its a fact runners slow down at 30 and become more injury prone). Dallas was ranked number 1 at the time. Mccoy ran for 185 yards and two touchdowns, utterly dominating dallas. Freddy did well with 110, but this was after they lost sean lee, there most important player on defense (you can make an argument for d ware i guess). Spiller, meanwhile, hasn't shown enough to me to prove he can be on the level of the top backs in the NFL. Show me a season that spiller has stats that can even stand up to that of mccoys, and you have your argument.

O.K. I'm not a Peters fan he's an ego'd out all about me & the money guy & that's why he didn't stick in Buffalo but is a great fit on the dream team & in "The City of Brotherly Love" !!

Well seeing as CJ is not the type to be a self proclaimed star like that other guy on the Eagles that's looking for a new contract that's broke or is that McCoy ? I'm not sure but what i'm saying is i'll take him all day long & he will do nothing but get better with more playing time .

And i think the key phrase is he has the POTENTIAL to be that good which McCoy is pretty dang good i'll give you that !!!! All Day !!!!

Seeing even though you may have finished better than we did you are still like us sitting home watching the play offs :flirt: !! But speed wise CJ is every bit as good as McCoy & the reason why he does so good in the return game is because of your coach & Ex Bills coach at that Bobby April !!

He sets up the field for ST like no other so if you put CJ in that position i'm thinking it would be pretty close to the same turn out with less ego so my vote goes CJ & time will give us both the answer to this argument . I just hope that our coach will use CJ enough to let him shine like i think he can that could be a major problem with the likes of FJ & CJ in our back field !! Go Bills !!!!

Edited by T master

spiller had one one hundred yard game...jerome harrison, who i send prayers to during his battle with cancer, had 280 in that game against the chiefs a couple years back. One game can't be somehting you rest all of your hopes on

the phrase "any given sunday" is the most true statement in the nfl. How about jessie holley catching that game winning pass after not catching a ball in what 5 years? Anything can happen. And who said the bills are closer to the post season. REALLY?!?!?!?! you think your closer? Not with Ryan Fitzpatrick your not. Once people figured out Gailey's offense, he had nothing. Also, you guys require a PASS RUSH so that MATT FREAKING MOORE doesn't destroy you. The eagles ended on a four game streak, the bills won only one game after that 5-2 start. Miles away. We are most definitely closer. And in terms of the cap situation, steve smith, young and ronnie brown are all on only one year. We will sign evan mathis, maybe get rid of desean, draft a receiver and trade asante (any takers). We will have a lot of cap by then, asante alone is 9.5 mil.

I love how all of your needs are currnetly on the eagles (pass rush, corners, left tackle, wide receiver)

Who said anything about Peters, even though he dominated like no other tackle in the nfl. Read up on his stats on pro football focus and drool. Its ok you guys got eric wood and stevie, but thats basically a prospect at center and someone who underwhelms in crunch time.

i will commend you on this website, the eagles need something like this lol

Why are you even in here? Beat it

spiller had one one hundred yard game...jerome harrison, who i send prayers to during his battle with cancer, had 280 in that game against the chiefs a couple years back. One game can't be somehting you rest all of your hopes on

the phrase "any given sunday" is the most true statement in the nfl. How about jessie holley catching that game winning pass after not catching a ball in what 5 years? Anything can happen. And who said the bills are closer to the post season. REALLY?!?!?!?! you think your closer? Not with Ryan Fitzpatrick your not. Once people figured out Gailey's offense, he had nothing. Also, you guys require a PASS RUSH so that MATT FREAKING MOORE doesn't destroy you. The eagles ended on a four game streak, the bills won only one game after that 5-2 start. Miles away. We are most definitely closer. And in terms of the cap situation, steve smith, young and ronnie brown are all on only one year. We will sign evan mathis, maybe get rid of desean, draft a receiver and trade asante (any takers). We will have a lot of cap by then, asante alone is 9.5 mil.

I love how all of your needs are currnetly on the eagles (pass rush, corners, left tackle, wide receiver)

Who said anything about Peters, even though he dominated like no other tackle in the nfl. Read up on his stats on pro football focus and drool. Its ok you guys got eric wood and stevie, but thats basically a prospect at center and someone who underwhelms in crunch time.

Hard to get 100 yard games when you get less than 20 carries a game. And again, no one said he's a god. He'll split time with Fred Jackson next year.

As for the Eagles, a 4-game win streak to end the season is nice. But what's their schedule like next year, outside of the NFCE where they went 5-1 and still missed the playoffs?

The Eagles lost to the Bills this year and neither team made the playoffs :beer: . You can type away but it won't change that fact :lol: . With all of the Eagles obvious talent they are clearly not a playoff team :D . The more you type in protest of that fact the more peculiar your motivations for being on here become :bag: . There is something clearly bothering you :sick: . Perhaps Dr. Phil's website could help you through it :cry: .

i said congrats on the bills game. I went to that game. YOu guys sport a lot of angry drunks thats for sure. Hard to enjoy the game with someone half naked screaming RON MEXICO I LOVE YOU in the back of my year....class. Well than again, as an eagles fan, i do take blame for pelting santa with snowballs. I could of sworn that 8-8 was better than 6-10..REality Check, heres one for ya...12 years of no playoffs...AND COUNTING. MAybe next year bills fans, see you in the promised land!

Actually, for the part when jackson was healthy, mccoy and him were neck and neck. Tiebreakers? Touchdowns baby. Mccoy had 20 OF THEM. Even if freddy played the whole season, there is no way he would have even approached that number. Mccoy is also 24, Freddy is turning 31. Hows that for our future huh? Remember. The 30s are like death sentences to running backs. Mccoy has been compared to barry sanders, in my opinion the greatest who ever played. I don't think there are many better runners in the nfl than mccoy, I believe peterson and foster are the only ones who are above him

Would you like to pull out the touchdowns? I'm pretty sure mccoy led the league by somewhat of a wide margin.All Spiller has is speed, nothing else. Mccoy is a better receiver, blocker, his cuts are unmatched and his vision is uncanny. You could make an argument for freddy, but not one for spiller. Btw, mccoy played against dallas and i believe so did freddy, u kno, before being 31 caught up to him (not a diss, but its a fact runners slow down at 30 and become more injury prone). Dallas was ranked number 1 at the time. Mccoy ran for 185 yards and two touchdowns, utterly dominating dallas. Freddy did well with 110, but this was after they lost sean lee, there most important player on defense (you can make an argument for d ware i guess). Spiller, meanwhile, hasn't shown enough to me to prove he can be on the level of the top backs in the NFL. Show me a season that spiller has stats that can even stand up to that of mccoys, and you have your argument.

Or maybe we just have a HC that gets pass happy in the red zone? Hmmmmmm

I'm confused, based on the above, I thought you were here to discuss whether or not Spiller had the potential to be as good or better than McCoy. Based on the below, however, it seems more like the children at school won't banter with you anymore, so you've come here just to talk trash about a team that beat yours this year...

Ahem...folks, don't feed the trolls.

The Bills don't need Spiller to be McCoy. They already have Fred Jackson, who is better than McCoy.

And the Bills are closer to the post-season than the Eagles. The cap is gonna hit them hard, what with all those high-priced players who are under-producing.

Is this serious ? Fred is better than Mccoy? Wow watch tv much ? The statement is unreal.

umm we beat you

Guys, don't worry, im friends with this guy, he's just an insecure Eagles fan trying to feel better about himself by talking trash about a team that BEAT the Eagles this year. He still hasen't gotten over the feeling of being at the Ralph, watching helplessely as 73000 Bills fans are going nuts after Barnett's pick 6.

Sad, the education system isn't what it used to be. Instead of boredom, maybe you should use your down time learning about how to communicate.

Guys, don't worry, im friends with this guy, he's just an insecure Eagles fan trying to feel better about himself by talking trash about a team that BEAT the Eagles this year. He still hasen't gotten over the feeling of being at the Ralph, watching helplessely as 73000 Bills fans are going nuts after Barnett's pick 6.

I can't too hard on him, what with the dream team being the nightmare team and all.

i said congrats on the bills game. I went to that game. YOu guys sport a lot of angry drunks thats for sure. Hard to enjoy the game with someone half naked screaming RON MEXICO I LOVE YOU in the back of my year....class. Well than again, as an eagles fan, i do take blame for pelting santa with snowballs. I could of sworn that 8-8 was better than 6-10..REality Check, heres one for ya...12 years of no playoffs...AND COUNTING. MAybe next year bills fans, see you in the promised land!

Talk about class you have a convicted felon dog killer as your QB. Real classy! :thumbsup:

Edited by snamsnoops

Seriously with this thread ? First I don't think any one here is saying Spiller is a god, if your friend is well thats something you need to take up with him. Judging by Spillers stats for his last 6 games I'd say he is not a "god" but certainly better than what you, the OP, think of him. Secondly I can't believe you are actually defending the Eagles "dream" season by coming on a Bills forum to express your joy that they finished better than the Bills, yet still failed to make the playoffs. They had arguably one of the best FA offseason's ever and completely struggled. Hell they completely failed. I have no idea how that makes you feel any better.

Edited by Wayne333