Fisher leaning towards the Dolphins' gig

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this happens, we'll really need realignment. I can't believe Buffalo's bad luck here, being in a division with IMO the two best and best-prepared head coaches in the NFL (Belichik and Fisher), and a Jets team that is willing to do whatever it takes to build a winner. I don't mean to paint a gloomy picture, but Fisher to the Dolphins would really devastate me.

I don't get it. Tennessee wasn't exactly a dynasty under Fisher's reign in the way that New England has been under Belichick. So why would Fisher going to the Dolphins be devastating? Also, historically, do head coaches tend to do well after leaving the site of their past glory ? I believe the answer is "No" ?

Fisher is a good coach.

17 yrs: HOU-TEN games =262, W=142, L=120, PCT= 0.542, Playoff games =11, W=5, L=6, 6 winning seasons, 1 super bowl (loss to Rams)

What I like about him is his teams have a tough attitude. Even in down years his teams are tough and competitive.

Never won the big one in 17 seasons. His former team had 3 more wins in its first season without him, and only missed the playoffs due to tie breaker rules. He's a defensive minded coach in and increasingly offense minded league.

Seriously does anyone see a team he coaches having an offense like either of the #1 seeds this year packer or patriots?

Never won the big one in 17 seasons. His former team had 3 more wins in its first season without him, and only missed the playoffs due to tie breaker rules. He's a defensive minded coach in and increasingly offense minded league.

Seriously does anyone see a team he coaches having an offense like either of the #1 seeds this year packer or patriots?

Not until they have a QB like Rodgers or Brady.

GO BILLS!!!

Yea well, to all the fools who think Fisher is just another bum like Tony Sparano

Look what division the Titans played in, the AFC South. Where the Colts, and Payton Manning have dominated that division for the last decade.

Ironically, Fisher stepped away from the NFL of his own accord last year or he would still be the HC of the Titans, and this is the first year that the Colts haven't been the top dog in the division

Gotta love Buffalo Bills fans enthusiasm tho, last in the division last year 4-12, last in the division this year 6-10 and WANTING the Dolphins to hire a HC with a 142-120 .542 % record to compete against a Bills HC that is 10-22 and a 313 %

Bills fans never lose that optimism :thumbsup:

Yea well, to all the fools who think Fisher is just another bum like Tony Sparano

I don't think anybody thinks he's a bum. In fact, I think everybody knows he's a respectable coach. Some people just think he's overrated. He's a name. He's John Gruden without the ring.

Fisher is a good coach.

17 yrs: HOU-TEN games =262, W=142, L=120, PCT= 0.542, Playoff games =11, W=5, L=6, 6 winning seasons, 1 super bowl (loss to Rams)

What I like about him is his teams have a tough attitude. Even in down years his teams are tough and competitive.

I remember reading, when Fisher resigned in Tennessee, a comparison of him, and our own Lindy Ruff. Two guys who may have never, ultimately, won anything, but are amongst the most respected in their field. I like Fisher a lot.

Edited by Buftex

I like Fisher. He's a good solid coach. But there's something to be said about a coach who only puts his team in the playoffs 1 in 3 years on average.

As a Bills fan 1 out of 3 doesn't sound so bad.

He'd probably still be in Titan land if that owner wouldn't have shoved V. Young down his throat.

This is true--and throw in Carl Peterson--who's in charge there? I figured he would go to STL.

Yeah, really. We got Gailey/Wannstedt..and Curtis Modkins!! Bringgg. It.

How does Curtis have a job. Gailey is the HC and OC, why is he the de facto HC?

Look what division the Titans played in, the AFC South. Where the Colts, and Payton Manning have dominated that division for the last decade.

Ironically, Fisher stepped away from the NFL of his own accord last year or he would still be the HC of the Titans, and this is the first year that the Colts haven't been the top dog in the division

Gotta love Buffalo Bills fans enthusiasm tho, last in the division last year 4-12, last in the division this year 6-10 and WANTING the Dolphins to hire a HC with a 142-120 .542 % record to compete against a Bills HC that is 10-22 and a 313 %

Stop it with your facts. They are not welcome here. Fisher sucks, Dolphins suck, Chan is a "megamind," we don't need SJ or any WR's, all we need is one OLB and Super Bowl victory here we come!!!

Then go buy a dolphins jersey and season tickets to Jimmy Buffet Stadium so you can oogle your man crush coach

All this man love over a coach whose only real success was longevity in Tenessee........

Then go buy a dolphins jersey and season tickets to Jimmy Buffet Stadium so you can oogle your man crush coach

All this man love over a coach whose only real success was longevity in Tenessee........

What are you 12 years old, or is it just the mentality?

Fisher hasn't been hired by anyone yet

and its Tennessee

Fisher is a good coach. Similar to John Fox in that his teams are always physical, disciplined, and well-coached… and win more than they lose.

As I posted a week ago or thereabouts, I don't see him landing in Miami.

I don't see a guy with his credentials working under both Carl Peterson and Jeff Ireland.

I would think Fisher would want and could get more authority somewhere else.

Not just ireland, its also Carl Peterson ex president of the KC Chiefs who has a hand in this. Both are boobs IMO and Peterson was fired in KC.

It has been reported that the owner of the Dolphins Stephen Ross will not be out bid for Jeff Fisher, so if its a matter of Money the Phins will get him.

Ross might be a great new owner, but Ireland sucks...just ask any Dolphins fan

http://profootballta...th-jeff-fisher/

Fisher has ties to the Rams, he used to play for the LA Rams AND its a much weaker division in the NFC West, with an already #1overall draft pick at QB. a top DE and looking at the #2 pick in this years draft.

If I'm Fisher I take the Rams job

Rams or Colts

Fisher is smart enough is avoid all teams without a franchise QB

Dolphins do not have one and have no chance to get one in this draft

Fins are just being used for leverage to drive up the price a team with a QB has to pay

Edited by spartacus

If you want to be an eagle you have to soar with eagles. Better competition will just make us get better.

I agree. I'd rather play in a tough division than a pansy one. Look at the NFC East from the early 80s through the mid 90s. It was the best division in the NFL for a long time, and four out of the five teams were beating the hell out of each other year after year. Do you really think the Cowboys, Giants, and Redskins would have gone to that many Superbowls if that division wasn't as strong as it was? Even though the Iggles only went once in that time frame (after 1980 season), they were a TOUGH team, particularly on defense. Those teams made each other better, and that division sent the NFC rep to the SB and usually won it!) like 9 or 10 times from 1980 through 1995.