Fisher leaning towards the Dolphins' gig

Per Rotoworld:

Dan Pompei of the Chicago Tribune is "hearing" that Jeff Fisher is leaning toward accepting the Dolphins head-coaching overtures.

Yahoo's Mike Silver also reported late Wednesday that the Dolphins had the lead, though the Rams are getting their shot to woo him on Thursday. The Fins are said to be willing to match any financial offer Fisher is presented.

Related: Rams

Source: Dan Pompei on Twitter

If this happens, we'll really need realignment. I can't believe Buffalo's bad luck here, being in a division with IMO the two best and best-prepared head coaches in the NFL (Belichik and Fisher), and a Jets team that is willing to do whatever it takes to build a winner. I don't mean to paint a gloomy picture, but Fisher to the Dolphins would really devastate me.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this happens, we'll really need realignment. I can't believe Buffalo's bad luck here, being in a division with IMO the two best and best-prepared head coaches in the NFL (Belichik and Fisher), and a Jets team that is willing to do whatever it takes to build a winner. I don't mean to paint a gloomy picture, but Fisher to the Dolphins would really devastate me.

Be careful, because many will jump on this for daring to display concern over the Bills' prospects for next year! I'll back your concern.

Per Rotoworld:

Dan Pompei of the Chicago Tribune is "hearing" that Jeff Fisher is leaning toward accepting the Dolphins head-coaching overtures.

Yahoo's Mike Silver also reported late Wednesday that the Dolphins had the lead, though the Rams are getting their shot to woo him on Thursday. The Fins are said to be willing to match any financial offer Fisher is presented.

Hang in there Coach...

Per Rotoworld:

Fisher and Jeff Ireland? Hmmmmm, I wouldn't buy season tickets if i was a fish fan just quite yet.

Edited by Best Player Available

That is what the rest of the league says about the Bills. But remember, we can sign elite FA's, we are a team on the rise, we are not the worst organization in the NFL.

Denial is dangerous

BFD. Bring him on.

Fisher and Jeff Ireland? Hmmmmm, I wouldn't buy season tickets if i was a fish fan just quite yet.

This is true--and throw in Carl Peterson--who's in charge there? I figured he would go to STL.

BFD. Bring him on.

Yeah, really. We got Gailey/Wannstedt..and Curtis Modkins!! Bringgg. It.

Not just ireland, its also Carl Peterson ex president of the KC Chiefs who has a hand in this. Both are boobs IMO and Peterson was fired in KC.

It has been reported that the owner of the Dolphins Stephen Ross will not be out bid for Jeff Fisher, so if its a matter of Money the Phins will get him.

Ross might be a great new owner, but Ireland sucks...just ask any Dolphins fan

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/03/carl-peterson-involved-in-dolphins-interview-with-jeff-fisher/

Fisher has ties to the Rams, he used to play for the LA Rams AND its a much weaker division in the NFC West, with an already #1overall draft pick at QB. a top DE and looking at the #2 pick in this years draft.

If I'm Fisher I take the Rams job

+1. Spot on.

True dat. I think I heard he had only 5 playoffs in 15 years in Tennesee/Houston?

He made it to The Superbowl once , because of a bad call against us...and lost the Superbowl

I swear that the way they lost that Superbowl by getting down to the 1-yard line as time ran out

was karmic payback for the BS that was the Music City Miracle...

(Of course that loss on our end was karmic payback for benching Flutie)