Buddy Nix to retire after 2012 draft?

Jdragon2

This team is a mess. Not a lot of talent and even less character. Not one person made the probowl, and a slew of the players we dumped are pro bowl contenders and important parts of playoff teams. We were outcoached through the second half of the season. There is no discipline on the team.

I said before preseason we should expect nine wins or gailey and nix should be gone. I supported gailey throughout the season but now its over and we aren't close to a winning season. The Dick Jauron years are starting to look like the good old days.

The remedy is a top flight gm and top flight coach with a top flight coaching staff. Moving a has been like Wannstedt into the defensive co-ordinator role does nothing. Nix retiring with another tired old line administrator isn't going to do it either.

We can waste yet another year or start making changes at the top. It isn't rocket science, its football.

You know if we were hiring a new GM, a guy like Doug Whaley who came from a respected organization like the Steelers, would be considered a good hire. But I guess since he already works for the Bills he must be a piece of garbage, right?

PTR

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Certainly not a writer (which is normally an indicator of reliability on these topics) but it's possible he knows someone in house. No idea on track record.

By the incredible grammar, sentence structure and web design, this is most likely some guy who knows Pat Moran.

Dareus, Aaron Williams and Justin Rogers all look like good finds

Let's not forget Hairston and Sheppard who are also starting. Searcy got some action too.

Huh? Whaley was being groomed for the GM job. How is that not continuity?

PTR

Well for starters one would hope Doug Whaley will have a different philosophy

Than Buddy Hix. I would call that more in the "change" category. I doubt he shared

Buddy philosophy or I should say I hope he didn't. Nix was a waste of 2 years IMO. Just like Levy was.

By the incredible grammar, sentence structure and web design, this is most likely some guy who knows Pat Moran.

Let's not forget Hairston and Sheppard who are also starting. Searcy got some action too.

Draft picks who are starting on bad football teams don't necessarily make them quality NFL starters. It may just mean there are no better alternatives. :rolleyes:

Can anyone vouch for Joe Pinzone? What about the site in general?

Here's a clue:

"So we are clear, the move has nothing to do with this past season's down world spiral."

Down world spiral.

I don't doubt that the report is accurate. It makes sense on many levels. Not the least of which is that Whaley has probably been ready for a while now.

GO BILLS!!!

What house cleaning took place? Replacing Jauron with Gailey and his bunch of no name coaches? If so, House cleaning v2.0 needs to start the day Nix heads over to the retirement community.

Modrak and the rest of the scouting department. Many of the players that were here for Jauron's Tampa 2 defense.

I don't doubt that the report is accurate. It makes sense on many levels. Not the least of which is that Whaley has probably been ready for a while now.

This isn't the first we've heard of changes to the front office being around the corner. LaCanfora mentioned it a few weeks ago.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/140159-front-office-shakeup/page__p__2341888__hl__lacanfora__fromsearch__1#entry2341888

Edited by Carey Bender

You know if we were hiring a new GM, a guy like Doug Whaley who came from a respected organization like the Steelers, would be considered a good hire. But I guess since he already works for the Bills he must be a piece of garbage, right?

PTR

Couldn't agree more with PTR, I know the consensus feeling among Bill's fans is really low at this point, but both of these promotions were expected. Whaley and Wannstedt both bring a high pedigree of success, which I am personally welcoming with open arms.

Dareus, Aaron Williams and Justin Rogers all look like good finds

I could have "found" Dareus and let's give Aaron Williams a full year. Everyone seems to forget how good McKelvin looked his rookie year. I'm more impressed with Nix picking up Urbik, Pears and Rinehart than anything else.

Modrak and the rest of the scouting department. Many of the players that were here for Jauron's Tampa 2 defense.

A bunch of moves with a net result of ZERO. Here's hoping Whaley can succeed, but if Wilson, Littman, Overdorf and Brandon are still around, I doubt it.

Couldn't agree more with PTR, I know the consensus feeling among Bill's fans is really low at this point, but both of these promotions were expected. Whaley and Wannstedt both bring a high pedigree of success, which I am personally welcoming with open arms.

+1

PTR

Bingo.

Typical stupid Bills fans, not giving any credit to the fact that we got Whaley from Pittsburgh last year. Now he is an "internal hire"... :rolleyes:

Id say "unbelievable", but it's pretty standard procedure for Bills fans nowadays to have absolutely no perspective.

Until sometyhing more official is announced I'll view this as nothing more than speculation. If true, it is not a shock in any way. Whaley would not likely have come to Buffalo without a reasonable shot at Nix's job in the near future. Nix certainly has not hit the cover off the ball with his two drafts or FA moves. He's done better than we've had in a long time but the bar he had to jump was below ground level. IMO there are four huge gaps on this team all very hard to fill - Franchise QB (I like Fitz but he is not the long-term answer), premier pass rushing DE or LB, shutdown corner and LT. The first two have to come through the draft the second two may come via FA. Until the first two are addressed this team is not going to go anywhere soon.

For the remaining Fitz fans - my comments above can and should be clarified. Fitz to me is not a guy who can lift a team up and carry it. I think he can play well enough to win games but has to have a very solid surrounding cast. He may even be good enough with the right support to get the team to the playoffs. I just don't see him being "the guy" we would all love to have.

PTR

Spot on - the team will not move forward with a complete change in front office and coaching personnel. Results show adjustments have to be made but no team that consistently turns over GM's and coaches is successful.

IMO there are four huge gaps on this team all very hard to fill - Franchise QB (I like Fitz but he is not the long-term answer), premier pass rushing DE or LB, shutdown corner and LT. The first two have to come through the draft the second two may come via FA. Until the first two are addressed this team is not going to go anywhere soon.

Cameron Wake believes otherwise. ;)

I think someone on this board trums lacanfora's mention...someone here found a real estate listing about whaley and speculated the same thing, prior to this....if i am remembering correctly

This isn't the first we've heard of changes to the front office being around the corner. LaCanfora mentioned it a few weeks ago.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/140159-front-office-shakeup/page__p__2341888__hl__lacanfora__fromsearch__1#entry2341888