Buddy Nix to retire after 2012 draft?

Jdragon2

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unclear,why he tool the job in the first place.

Because Uncle Ralph talked him into it, just like he did with Marv, and we all know how that worked out. Rookie GM in his 70's was always a stop gap, no matter what Cooter said.

Edited by LabattBlue

Why would I want him in charge of the draft if he plans on calling it a career right after their last pick. Keep him on to help scout players over the next 4 months, but NO WAY should he be the person deciding who the Bills should be selecting.

I want the most qualified guy making calls not the guy who will be around to point a finger at later. It's a call Ralph/Brandon/whoever will have to make. For all you or I know Whaley is that guy and may have final say in the next few months.

Ps awful article.

Edited by NoSaint

Why would I want him in charge of the draft if he plans on calling it a career right after their last pick. Keep him on to help scout players over the next 4 months, but NO WAY should he be the person deciding who the Bills should be selecting.

Charlie Casserly's last draft with the texans included Mario Williams, Owen Daniels and Demyco Ryans, all pro bowlers

He retired about 3 days later. That was after he passed over the cant miss talent Reggie Bush and Vince Young

This team is a mess. Not a lot of talent and even less character. Not one person made the probowl, and a slew of the players we dumped are pro bowl contenders and important parts of playoff teams. We were outcoached through the second half of the season. There is no discipline on the team.

I said before preseason we should expect nine wins or gailey and nix should be gone. I supported gailey throughout the season but now its over and we aren't close to a winning season. The Dick Jauron years are starting to look like the good old days.

The remedy is a top flight gm and top flight coach with a top flight coaching staff. Moving a has been like Wannstedt into the defensive co-ordinator role does nothing. Nix retiring with another tired old line administrator isn't going to do it either.

We can waste yet another year or start making changes at the top. It isn't rocket science, its football.

Charlie Casserly's last draft with the texans included Mario Williams, Owen Daniels and Demyco Ryans, all pro bowlers

He retired about 3 days later. That was after he passed over the cant miss talent Reggie Bush and Vince Young

Please don't compare Casserly to Cooter. :doh:

So they give Nix, who's on his way to retirement, the job for 2 years and he cleans house for Whaley to start fresh with and have a proper opportunity.

What house cleaning took place? Replacing Jauron with Gailey and his bunch of no name coaches? If so, House cleaning v2.0 needs to start the day Nix heads over to the retirement community.

What house cleaning took place? Replacing Jauron with Gailey and his bunch of no name coaches? If so, House cleaning v2.0 needs to start the day Nix heads over to the retirement community.

Perhaps you missed all the front office/scouting changes

This team is a mess. Not a lot of talent and even less character. Not one person made the probowl, and a slew of the players we dumped are pro bowl contenders and important parts of playoff teams. We were outcoached through the second half of the season. There is no discipline on the team.

I said before preseason we should expect nine wins or gailey and nix should be gone. I supported gailey throughout the season but now its over and we aren't close to a winning season. The Dick Jauron years are starting to look like the good old days.

The remedy is a top flight gm and top flight coach with a top flight coaching staff. Moving a has been like Wannstedt into the defensive co-ordinator role does nothing. Nix retiring with another tired old line administrator isn't going to do it either.

We can waste yet another year or start making changes at the top. It isn't rocket science, its football.

You are incorrect.

While the Bills do have a history of promoting from within........that is about all you have correct.

Dave Wannstedt is a proven winner whereever he has gone.........not a re-tread.

Doug Whaley is already an accomplished, sought after, NFL assistant GM.

Both have only been with the Bills for less than a year.

There are things wrong with the Bill's management, these two moves (if Whaley happens) would NOT be examples of this.

Are you referring to new ownership? I do not see a top flight gm or top flight coaching staff in Buffalo until there is a change in ownership.

Edited by BRAWNDO

Is NIX retiring a good start or what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!