Who Thinks Denver Can Beat Pittsburgh This Week?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Steelers win in a rout.

Steelers will win the game but a rout?...check the scores bud they win on defense

7 on Ravens

20 on Colts

10 on Houston

17 on Jacksonville

20 on Ravens

13 on Chiefs

14 on Browns

3 on 49ers

14 on Browns

thats 9 games of not too much offense if Denver can get a fumble return or int return as well as a kick or punt return they might pull it off but probably not

Edited by CardinalScotts

The only decent team Denver beat all year was Cincy and Tebow didn't even play in that game.. Otherwise a bunch of average to below average teams.. I personally don't think they can pull it off.

I will weigh in on this. First let me state I am not a Tebow hater. Quite the opposite. I would like to see the kid do well. I enjoyed watching him in college. I also have the ticket so I got to watch quite a few of his games. Before he was drafter I know we have some FSU/Miami Hurricane alums on this board(Ramius comes to mind) that constantly said this guy will never make it as a QB in the NFL. I thought at the time they were just being bitter after their schools were getting their lunches handed in to them on an annual basis for 3 years. With that being said I now see the wisdom of their opinions. This guys is never going to be a legit NFL QB. Honestly, some of his passes looks like a high school kid is throwing them. What people do not want to talk about in his come back wins is 1.) Their defense was playing a t a very high level to even keep Denver in the game 2.) All these teams that he came back on bottled him up for the better part of 3-3.5 quarters & then suddenly would go to the prevent defense. Tebow would then hit those easy slants & 5-10 yard out patterns. This is all he can do. He can not go over the top to beat you & if you keep him in the pocket & stop him from breaking containment he is done. KC last week kept their base defense in the entire game & Tebow could not do anything(I think he completed 6 passes). My guess his days as a starting qb in this league are coming to an end & I think Elway knows it. Look for Elway to bring some competition next year in camp.

To the game this weekend. The only way Denver wins this game is if they have some special team scores or there defense score because I just can not see their offense moving the ball against the steelers. I would not be surprised if Tebow hits less then 40% of his passes, throws for under 50 yards & does not complete more then 5 or 6 passes the entire game. He is that bad. In fact if I was Fox I would seriously consider starting Brady Quinn this week. I know no coach would have the balls to do that(it would be a pr nightmare if quinn played bad) but I think that would be Denver's best chance at a win. If Pitt gets up by a score or 2 this game could get ugly. It is in Denver so I guess they have a chance but there is going to have to be some wierd stuff happening in this game for the Broncos to come out on top.

Talk about a bold move...

Pittsburgh's D is too much for Tebow. I'd be surprised if Denver scores at all.

I agree. I don't necessarily think that Denver will have 0 points at the end of the game but I would be surprised if their offense gets in the endzone!!!

Interesting tidbit of info, ever since the NFL moved to the 4 team divisions in 02 teams who have entered the playoffs at 8-8 or worse are 4-0 in the first round:

2004 (8-8) Minnesota 31 Green Bay 17

2004 (8-8) St Louis 27 Seattle 20

2008 (8-8) San Diego 23 Indianapolis 17 ot

2010 (7-9) Seattle 41 New Orleans 36

Speaks to the mediocrity of today's NFL

Interesting tidbit of info, ever since the NFL moved to the 4 team divisions in 02 teams who have entered the playoffs at 8-8 or worse are 4-0 in the first round:

this is astonishing. i don't really give denver a chance either, but this makes you stop and think.

i mean, i'm sure all these teams must have been at home but still...

The media isn't giving Denver any chance this week and by how their offense mainly Tebow has been playing it's hard to think otherwise, but I think this game will be a tight game with Denver pulling it out in the end. I think Denver's D matches up well to Pittsburgh and Pittsburgh has struggled offensively at times throughout the season putting up points. I think the Denver's defense will have a point to prove and can keep them in this game with the momentum changing with some special teams or a long run by McGahee to spring open the game in the 4th and win by a field goal!

I wouldn't be surprised if this is a very boring game to watch.

no way in hell - It will be a blowout

If Denver lost to us by four touchdowns, I don't like their chances against anybody. But the Steelers are looking vulnerable, especially given the near choke-job against the Browns. Still, I'll take Pittsburgh 16-7 with an abortive comeback attempted.

Impossible. Tebow is staunchly against all variations and usages of this world. He will, now, simply will his team to victory and then repeat his relgious mantra robotically after the game. Thanks a lot :(

The media isn't giving Denver any chance this week and by how their offense mainly Tebow has been playing it's hard to think otherwise, but I think this game will be a tight game with Denver pulling it out in the end. I think Denver's D matches up well to Pittsburgh and Pittsburgh has struggled offensively at times throughout the season putting up points. I think the Denver's defense will have a point to prove and can keep them in this game with the momentum changing with some special teams or a long run by McGahee to spring open the game in the 4th and win by a field goal!

I think this is gonna be a very big Defensive game. I expect Pittsburgh to Win, but you never know. That's why they play the games and it is the WILD CARD round...

Pitt is really banged up right now but God would need to be working overtime for Denver to win. It is probably the worst possible matchup and Denver is a very flawed team.

Actually, I think this is the best matchup for Denver, Pittsburgh is really banged up and they aren't a high scoring team. They scored 14 and 13 points against the Browns defence and came close to losing against the Browns last week only winning by 4. They won by the same score (13 - 9) against KC a few weeks ago.

Its weird, looking at their games this year, it seems like Pittsburghs highest scoring, and blowout type games came against the better teams in the league, and the games against the worse teams (Browns, KC, Jacksonville, etc.) were all low scoring close games, except for their game against St. Louis 2 weeks ago

Actually, I think this is the best matchup for Denver, Pittsburgh is really banged up and they aren't a high scoring team. They scored 14 and 13 points against the Browns defence and came close to losing against the Browns last week only winning by 4. They won by the same score (13 - 9) against KC a few weeks ago.

Its weird, looking at their games this year, it seems like Pittsburghs highest scoring, and blowout type games came against the better teams in the league, and the games against the worse teams (Browns, KC, Jacksonville, etc.) were all low scoring close games, except for their game against St. Louis 2 weeks ago

Do you not take into account how awful Denver and Tebow have been the past 3 weeks? Denver lost to KC, Pitt beat KC, Denver lost to Buffalo, Pitt would kill Buffalo, Denver lost to a NE defense along with the Cheifs and Bills that are no good. After having to play 3 playoff teams in their division 6 times, I think the Browns would beat Denver.

Yeah so, Pitt is banged up and they still finished 12-4 tied with Balt for the division except 2 of Pitts 4 loses were to Balt. No way no how does Tebow beat Ben, Tomlin, Lebeau, Harrison, etc. It's just not going to happen, period.

Do you not take into account how awful Denver and Tebow have been the past 3 weeks? Denver lost to KC, Pitt beat KC, Denver lost to Buffalo, Pitt would kill Buffalo, Denver lost to a NE defense along with the Cheifs and Bills that are no good. After having to play 3 playoff teams in their division 6 times, I think the Browns would beat Denver.

Yeah so, Pitt is banged up and they still finished 12-4 tied with Balt for the division except 2 of Pitts 4 loses were to Balt. No way no how does Tebow beat Ben, Tomlin, Lebeau, Harrison, etc. It's just not going to happen, period.

Just out of curiosity, who lost to KC 2 weeks prior? Can't be the MVP-QB sportin' Packers, can it? Naw. There is a reason the games are actually played by humans rather than on Madden.....right? No?

I can think of two super bowls in which the Giants had zero chance of winning. Ouch.

Edited by Garranimal

Just out of curiosity, who lost to KC 2 weeks prior? Can't be the MVP-QB sportin' Packers, can it? Naw. There is a reason the games are actually played by humans rather than on Madden.....right? No?

I can think of two super bowls in which the Giants had zero chance of winning. Ouch.

Boy, did you show me.

I still think that the Packers threw that game (coaches decision) to take the heat off of them and get rid of the media attention for the "Perfect season".

Field position and turnovers will decide the outcome. A big special teams play by either team could be the difference.

In the end I suspect the Steelers will win by a single digit margin of victory. I can't see either team making it past the next round. Watching quite a bit of the Steelers on the Sunday Ticket its hard to reconcile their play this year to a 13-3 record. They've seemed to be just good enough to win most of the time.

And its been stellar play by Denver's defense that has allowed Tebow the opportunity to stage these comebacks. If he doesn't turn over the football they might keep it close.

Boy, did you show me.

Good smack. Thin skinned much?

My point was/is....the cheifs may not be the same crappy team they were all season, specifically defensively since they have been playing light-out on D since Romeo Crennell took over the team after Todd Haley was fired. And if you watched the KC-Packers game, you would likely believe that they didn't throw the game, they simply got shut down but a coach who not 5 years ago was considered the top defensive mind in the game.

Hey, why do any analysis when you can simply break out the narcissism.

BUMP!

2011 (8-8) Denver 29 Pittsburgh 23 ot

Make it 5-0

Gotta wonder how much the absence of Steelers' starting FS Ryan Clark (who has sickle cell trait) affected the outcome? I didn't think they needed him before the game, but afterwards, it looks like they definitely missed him.

And best statistic of prediction for the game goes to Talley56!

Gotta wonder how much the absence of Steelers' starting FS Ryan Clark (who has sickle cell trait) affected the outcome? I didn't think they needed him before the game, but afterwards, it looks like they definitely missed him.

Stop embarrassing yourself. You were wrong. Deal with it.

FYI, your answer to the thread question:

No chance. And if I were Pgh, I'd consider sitting Big Ben and letting Charlie Batch start.

Stop embarrassing yourself. You were wrong. Deal with it.

FYI, your answer to the thread question:

Sorry, the world isn't simply black and white. And congrats to Tebow for not sucking the hind teat for the first time in a month. Next weekend will be a different story though. But that's another thread. ;)

Sorry, the world isn't simply black and white. And congrats to Tebow for not sucking the hind teat for the first time in a month. Next weekend will be a different story though. But that's another thread. ;)

How gracious of you. Tebow was awesome today. Made the #1, yes the #1 pass defense look like Cincinnati in the sugar bowl. But there's always next week......and its amazing that your hatred for one player is enough to make you fan of the Patriots.

This has got to be KILLING YOU.....KILLING YOU I SAY, KILLING YOU.

Hey, where Reamius.

How gracious of you. Tebow was awesome today. Made the #1, yes the #1 pass defense look like Cincinnati in the sugar bowl. But there's always next week......and its amazing that your hatred for one player is enough to make you fan of the Patriots.

This has got to be KILLING YOU.....KILLING YOU I SAY, KILLING YOU.

Hey, where Reamius.

LOL! Who said I hate him? Or that I'd ever root for the Patriots?