The One and Only Stevie Johnson Thread

Simon

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dude does a great job.

Agreed

he brings a swagger that the team does not have.

Agreed

he's a young wr and can only improve.

Agreed

his antics are entertaining

Agreed

and not nearly as destructive as they are made out to be.

DISAGREE

He has been penalized multiple times. The coach warned the team about the punishment for the next or any offender.

They were HIS antics, HE is responsible for them. HE is responsible for the penalties, and HE is responsible for HIS benching. That benching which he brought on himself, hampered our offense and directly changed the outcome of the game.

Is showing your tshirt for a sweet Facebook pic more important than beating the Pats? Because that is what he ended up saying, even if he "didnt mean it".

The Bills should bring SJ back, no doubt. But SJ should grow up a bit as well. Time to get his priorities straight.

Sorry if this has been mentioned, looked through the last 2 pages and didn't see anything.

WBEN is reporting (during Feerless Leader's interview) that SJ was heading up the tunnel after the game and passed by a Rochester film crew. He flashed his message to them. In light of another losing season, being benched for a good portion of the game etc. does this change your opinion of Johnson one way or the other?

Sorry if this has been mentioned, looked through the last 2 pages and didn't see anything.

WBEN is reporting (during Feerless Leader's interview) that SJ was heading up the tunnel after the game and passed by a Rochester film crew. He flashed his message to them. In light of another losing season, being benched for a good portion of the game etc. does this change your opinion of Johnson one way or the other?

No.

Nope. Same issue over and over. Earlier this week he had a tweet along the lines of "loose lips sink ships but a closed mouth is never fed." I think all this endzone nonsense and look at me stuff shows that he believes that. And in today's NFL it isnt thaaaat far off base. Quiet guys rarely get the probowls and paydays that a loudmouth look at me guy does. Thanks espn.

Yeah, not taking the bait and arguing with someone bashing you and instead, just smiling and wishing them a Happy New Year in the tunnel is such a thuggish, selfish, stupid thing to do. :wallbash:

:thumbsup:

It's funny that SJ just had a shirt that said Happy New Year's. Yet fans, most who are older than 25 years old, respond by name calling and attacking the character a person they know nothing about except he plays on a football team they watch.

Stevie got a penalty and benched, but who needs to grow up more, the players or the fans who attack said player?

It's funny that SJ just had a shirt that said Happy New Year's. Yet fans, most who are older than 25 years old, respond by name calling and attacking the character a person they know nothing about except he plays on a football team they watch.

Stevie got a penalty and benched, but who needs to grow up more, the players or the fans who attack said player?

These fans also bombarded his wifes facebook page attacking Stevie. She takes the time to actually interact with some of her husbands fans, never says anything about Buffalo or the Bills in a negative light and seems to be a very nice girl.

These fans also bombarded his wifes facebook page attacking Stevie. She takes the time to actually interact with some of her husbands fans, never says anything about Buffalo or the Bills in a negative light and seems to be a very nice girl.

It's sad that, given how bad the Bills team has been over the last decade, the most embarrassing part is still the other "fans".

Our fans have really gone downhill. Very little class or perspective nowadays.

From every single thing i have seen about him and on him, Stevie Johnson is an extremely nice, kind, very personable, and good guy, and loved by his teammates. He tries his ass off. He never badmouths anyone even when things are terrible. He never gets in trouble.

His two faults, it seems to me, are 1] the fact he too often drops easy passes. It's a problem. It cost us the Steeler game and it likely cost us the Jet game. He needs to not do that so much to be an elite WR in this league but it's quite possible those drops will diminish as he gets older. Perhaps not. But he more than makes up for them with spectacular catches, often for TDs. What is somewhat lost in this is he gets into the endzone all the time. On a more consistent basis than any WR in Bills history in his short career. When he makes a catch for a first down he doesn't go crazy on the field like a lot of players especially WR do. He usually just gets up and gets ready for another down.

When he gets in the endzone he loves -- TOO MUCH -- the attention. He wants to be on the highlight shows. That's it and his second fault. He is selfish about it, it's inarguable, and he has hurt the team. But he's scored what, 17 TDs in two years and he has three penalties for celebration. That's at least two and probably three too many. But it is just a little childish because he is a fun loving attention seeking (ONLY when he scores a TD) guy.

He's not a thug. He's not a cancer. 99% of the time there is not a bigger TEAM GUY than Stevie Johnson. He practices hard, he plays hard, he plays hurt, he makes plays, he makes big plays and he scores touchdowns. I would bet even after yesterday, everyone on the team loves the guy.

From every single thing i have seen about him and on him, Stevie Johnson is an extremely nice, kind, very personable, and good guy, and loved by his teammates. He tries his ass off. He never badmouths anyone even when things are terrible. He never gets in trouble.

His two faults, it seems to me, are 1] the fact he too often drops easy passes. It's a problem. It cost us the Steeler game and it likely cost us the Jet game. He needs to not do that so much to be an elite WR in this league but it's quite possible those drops will diminish as he gets older. Perhaps not. But he more than makes up for them with spectacular catches, often for TDs. What is somewhat lost in this is he gets into the endzone all the time. On a more consistent basis than any WR in Bills history in his short career. When he makes a catch for a first down he doesn't go crazy on the field like a lot of players especially WR do. He usually just gets up and gets ready for another down.

When he gets in the endzone he loves -- TOO MUCH -- the attention. He wants to be on the highlight shows. That's it and his second fault. He is selfish about it, it's inarguable, and he has hurt the team. But he's scored what, 17 TDs in two years and he has three penalties for celebration. That's at least two and probably three too many. But it is just a little childish because he is a fun loving attention seeking (ONLY when he scores a TD) guy.

He's not a thug. He's not a cancer. 99% of the time there is not a bigger TEAM GUY than Stevie Johnson. He practices hard, he plays hard, he plays hurt, he makes plays, he makes big plays and he scores touchdowns. I would bet even after yesterday, everyone on the team loves the guy.

Now THIS is the Fair and Balanced post Ive been waiting for! :thumbsup:

Agreed 10000000%

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

This is laughable...I guess people up here have never been young b4. He makes young mistakes, nothing harmful at all. That was a BS penalty (Happy New Year) are u kidding me!!!

Who benches there best reciever, and then scraps the run game and passes at every available opportunity...Re-sign SJ give Chan the pink slip.

!!!!

Yeah, not taking the bait and arguing with someone bashing you and instead, just smiling and wishing them a Happy New Year in the tunnel is such a thuggish, selfish, stupid thing to do. :wallbash:

Not sure what you mean. Fill in the details of what went on in the tunnel for me. Based on what I heard on WBEN Johnson was walking up the tunnel, approached the Rochester crew and flashed them his message. And...where did I say thuggish, selfish, stupid or anything similar? Matter of fact, where did I bash? I related what was said on WBEN and asked if that changed anyone's opinion.

Let's not paint with such a broad brush eh Biscuit? I'm 53 and haven't called anyone any names. I understand why Gailey sat him, and I think that he should be re-signed if the numbers are right.

This Stevie controversy is mind-blowing. I can't believe that there are people who actually want him gone. "Fans" who are picking on the only guy who did anything to respond to the taunting the Jets threw our way in the first game are an embarrassment and deserve the crap product they've gotten the last 12 years.

If some other guys on this team had half the passion he does, we wouldn't be lamenting another lost season. Unfortunately, there's too many current players/fans that have no problem bending over and taking it up the you-know-what under the cloak of "beat 'em on the scoreboard" and "act like you've been there before". Give it a rest. Its a game of emotion and if somebody disrespects you, I'll take a guy who will fight back in any way possible, even if his team's losing.

The guy adds some colour and excitement to the deep, dark abyss that is our football team but we should low-ball him or run him out of town because of what is essentially three 15 yard penalties? I'll take the 7 points and a kickoff from the 20 every time he gets a TD rather than watch our stubby-fingered QB throw to donald jones as his top wideout next year.

Yeah, the Bills are so loaded they can afford to bury one of their best players. :blush:

Get a grip people, :w00t: how many top tier WRs are there in this league? And Johnson has risen to that level--he's certainly top 20 in the league, maybe top 10.

Sure, let him go, and spend the next five years lamenting that we let another good player go, as we go dumpsters-diving in other teams practice squads trying to get lucky in finding a replacement for him. :cry:

Some of us mature a little slower than others, give him time. The Bills would be foolish to let him walk.

Edited by CSBill

I would just like to point out that he has taken only 2 personal fouls this year. Everyone is acting as if he takes one every other game. Please spare me the, "the coach said he would bench anyone who violated those rules" comments, I understand that. Is it really worth letting him walk?

That's fine and that point has been made several times now.

The counter argument is contained in the expressions pyrrhic victory and draconian measures.

Come on. That counter argument is a bit extreme. I guess we can't win a game without the great Stevie Johnson then? We should have signed him up long ago if he is irreplaceable. How did this guy not make the Pro Bowl?

What was Chan supposed to do? Sit him out for one series or one half? That is a little league punishment. Just as a player has to earn his time on the field he can also earn time on the bench.

Chan did the right thing, he stuck to his word, and yes the consequences adversely affected the whole team. At that point is it up to the players to step up. If the right leadership existed among the players they would have talked to Stevie in the locker room and put an end to his antics. Instead, as Stevie said, its all good and he got a lot of love.

Pull that crap on the Ravens with Ray Lewis around and see how much love you get.

PS - I don't want to see him leave but I think the coach was 100% correct given Johnson's past issues.

Edited by Bob in STL

Talent? Leodis McKelvin has TALENT, but he's not starting CB material. TALENT is Ryan Leaf, but PERFORMANCE drives this league.

Reed, Moulds, and Evans MADE the playoffs. Stevie Johnson has his record and ZERO playoff appearances. Twisting statistics is a poor response for what I see on the field during the game- a guy who is not worth $7.5 mil a year.

My point is why spend this money on a guy who doesn't play like a top WR when our defense needs help badly, among other things?

Evans has MADE the playoffs this year with the Ravens. (which a game hasn't been played as of yet) He was hardly any reason 4 them making it this year! :rolleyes:

Stevie will be resigned...

Quoted from Fitz....

"I'm a better player because Stevie is on my team. I want him back he wants to be back...I want my best receiver back."

Go ahead OBD...let your franchise QB lose his favorite most productive teammate (from a WR standpoint) walk...

couldn't agree more here....it's his SECOND YEAR STARTING! Yes he wants and craves attention, but he isn't TO or Ocho...do you see him doing sit ups in his driveway and blaming his teammates and coach? no...

Edited by billsrock61