Gailey REALLY should be fired

Going 10-22 over two seasons is grounds for dismissal.

Losing 9 of your last ten games in your second season after starting out 5-2 is grounds for dismissal.

Losing 49-21 to your most hated rival after leading by 21 points is grounds for dismissal.

Running a ridicuosly predictable spread passing attack without the proper personnel when you have a very solid running attack is retarded!

I honestly just don't think this guy is a winner, and I dont think he can get us to the promised land even with better personnel.

Chan seems best suited as a QB coach, maybe -MAYBE offensive coordinator, but he's not head coaching material.

BUT...I think he deserves one more year, not because he has shown anything, but because it would be detrimental to start over again after two seasons.

Thoughts?

Losing 9 of your last ten games in your second season after starting out 5-2 is grounds for dismissal.

Losing 49-21 to your most hated rival after leading by 21 points is grounds for dismissal.

Running a ridicuosly predictable spread passing attack without the proper personnel when you have a very solid running attack is retarded!

I honestly just don't think this guy is a winner, and I dont think he can get us to the promised land even with better personnel.

Chan seems best suited as a QB coach, maybe -MAYBE offensive coordinator, but he's not head coaching material.

BUT...I think he deserves one more year, not because he has shown anything, but because it would be detrimental to start over again after two seasons.

Thoughts?

I don't even believe this. God knows hew has done wonders for Fitzpatrick. He should be in the same trash pile as Johnson, Losman, Edwards, Brohm, Thigpen, Holcomb and every other half ass QB this team has signed since Kelly. This franchise is a joke.

Thoughts?

O.K.

This will set the team back 3,or 4 *more* years, but what the hey....

BTW, WHO do we get?????????????

NOBODY who was considered a good hire wanted to come to Buffalo when the job was open.

Gailey's only made two gaffes...

1) Hiring George Edawrsds as his DC

2) Compensating for that gaffe by hiring Wanny.

Yes, Edwards will get canned. But, mark my word, if the Bills turn over DC duties to Wanny, that's even worse. Two years into a transition to a 3-4 and then go the other direction to a 4-3 sets the team way back.

And lastly, why all the love for Wanny? Since his days with Jimmy Johnson ... 15 years ago, the dudes been a loser wherever he goes. And that includes Buffalo. Look it up if you don't believe me.

There is a difference between street smarts and book smarts.

It applies to the NFL. Gailey and guys like Norv Turner are book smart. Geniuses at thinking up plays and schemes. However, they are not street smart. They don't adapt to what's going on around them and find ways to be successful in playing the cards they get dealt.

That's been the systemic problem with Bills coaches whether it's Williams, Mularkey, Jauron or Gailey. None of them could adjust to the inevitable adjustments by the opposing team. Once they were figured out, the game was over.

Gailey should be fired because he has demonstrated a lack of properly adjusting the scheme and playcalling to available personnel, disposition of the game, and what the defense is giving you. Yesterday's lack of touches for the running backs is merely the most recent in a sea of examples of awful coaching.

Its a Funny thing I agree that the Bills going 10 - 22 in Gaileys 2 seasosn isnt good and you throw is the 8 game losing streaks and he has career loser written all over him. The Bills need to turn the page of lots of things and Chan Gailey is one of them ... !

90 Year Old Owner

70 Year Old GM

60 year Old re-tread Coach = 6-10

The Bills are who we Thought they were...

The Bills had their chance to hire greatness and passed on the opportunity - unfortunately for the Buffalo, the best head football coach in the country now will be working in Pullman, WA...

"I asked athletic director Bill Moos to select the best head football coach in the country and I am convinced that he has done exactly that," WSU president Elson S. Floyd said in a statement.

Link - Mike Leach agrees to coach Cougars

The Bills had their chance to hire greatness and passed on the opportunity - unfortunately for the Buffalo, the best head football coach in the country now will be working in Pullman, WA...

"I asked athletic director Bill Moos to select the best head football coach in the country and I am convinced that he has done exactly that," WSU president Elson S. Floyd said in a statement.

Link - Mike Leach agrees to coach Cougars

And how many college coaches successfully transition to the NFL?

Probably about the same percentage as those who fail, but I'm the wrong guy to ask - you need to ask Jim Harbaugh, Jimmy Johnson, Barry Switzer, etc., etc.

Don't forget Lou Holtz and Nick Saban.

Overall I think Chan Gailey is a decent coach but his offensive play calling has left me puzzled on more than one occasion.We have consistantly seen him get away from the run too early in games,deep passes called when Fitz has clearly struggled with accuracy and an overall lack of adjustment in responce to the ebb and flow of the game.Opposing teams have made adjustments throughout the season in responce to our early success in games and Gaileys offence has struggled to respond.Is it time Coach gave up calling the plays during gametime?

I don't even believe this. God knows hew has done wonders for Fitzpatrick. He should be in the same trash pile as Johnson, Losman, Edwards, Brohm, Thigpen, Holcomb and every other half ass QB this team has signed since Kelly. This franchise is a joke.

yep. BTW Dick Jauron had a better record after 2 years...

Overall I think Chan Gailey is a decent coach but his offensive play calling has left me puzzled on more than one occasion.We have consistantly seen him get away from the run too early in games,deep passes called when Fitz has clearly struggled with accuracy and an overall lack of adjustment in responce to the ebb and flow of the game.Opposing teams have made adjustments throughout the season in responce to our early success in games and Gaileys offence has struggled to respond.Is it time Coach gave up calling the plays during gametime?

Do we know it's all on Chan, and Fitz isn't audiblizing to another play? I'm sure he has free reign to change a call after Gailey has made comments about their chemistry on and off the field.

or Steve Spurrier

Out of the frying pan and into the next frying pan.

Maybe the problem isn't just having second-rate coaching. Maybe it just isn't possible to attract a first-rate coach.

I have said this for years and when we couldn't hire Shanahan or Cowher it was proven, No one wants to work for Ralph. The league has heard from John Butler (one of the most loved and respected guys ever in front office GM work), AJ smith, and Tom Donahoe (who had an excellent rep till he worked here) that Ralph is not a good owner. I remember Tom coming out a couple years after he was fired and saying Ralph would call him sometimes 2-3 times a day medling in ****. We all know he wrongfully fired the last HC to get us to the playoffs in Phillips, fired the greatest GM of our time in Polian etc.

The man is the worst owner in the NFL and has been for years. This team is WORSE now than we were when we had Jauron and the record proves it. We are NOT making progress at all. Carolina invests in a QB to develop, hires a great up and comer as a HC and hires great assistants and they are on their way. Hell they WILL make the playoffs next year if somehow injuries don't derail them. I mean damn folks, Cinci, Houston and Detroit all made the playoffs, but we need 'Several more years' to turn it around?

Pray Ralph is out of the pictures by Feburary. That is the only hope we have or we will be in the samn damn boat next year but with maybe a 7-9 record.

Thoughts?

1. Gailey didn't sign Brad Smith and waste $3 mil.

2. Gailey doesn't control injuries.

3. Gailey isn't responsible for a poor track record in the draft.

4. Gailey CAN and will fire George Edwards.

Another thing I want add to the list- not running the ball enough. He needs to be more committed to the run. I want Stevie Johnson to go bye bye, but you have to keep Gailey. We're a lot closer to fixing this team if we make the tough decisions and actually smartly draft for need!

Thoughts?

I think he is in a long line of people who are great coordinators but stink at head coach. (Dick LeBeau, etc.) And what exactly is Curtis Modkins doing besides taking money from the Bills??? Fire that guy and bring in some players. Bring in Cower, have him and Gailey together again, Wanny as D-coordinator. Won't happen but I can dream, right?!

A mediocre coach and play caller. What wonders has he done for Fitzpatrick? His numbers really justified that contract extension. Its time to bring in someone who can make adjustments when needed.

Yep, and on both sides of the ball. Neither Edwards nor Gailey made any adjustments after the 1st quarter. And we need a real NFL starter as QB. Fitz is good, but he cannot put up the points week in and out to be competitive in this league. They should get RG3, or Flynn/Dixon in FA and have open competition in training camp. Fitz would be a great backup. We are so far under the cap that his salary is not a real concern.

O.K.

This will set the team back 3,or 4 *more* years, but what the hey....

BTW, WHO do we get?????????????

NOBODY who was considered a good hire wanted to come to Buffalo when the job was open.

And the question we need to ask is why people refuse to come to Buffalo. It's not the weather, the small market, or even the region. No one will come here, as a HC or GM type because they do not have a reasonable chance to succeed. There is too much interference and a lack of commitment to winning.

When no less than 5 coaches refused to interview or pulled their name from consideration 2 years ago, that should have made it quite obvious. The franchise's reputation is probably lower than all 31 other teams.

1. Gailey didn't sign Brad Smith and waste $3 mil.

2. Gailey doesn't control injuries.

3. Gailey isn't responsible for a poor track record in the draft.

4. Gailey CAN and will fire George Edwards.

Another thing I want add to the list- not running the ball enough. He needs to be more committed to the run. I want Stevie Johnson to go bye bye, but you have to keep Gailey. We're a lot closer to fixing this team if we make the tough decisions and actually smartly draft for need!

Wanting to get rid of SJ because he does stupid TD dances is rediculous. Did you forget about the back to back 1000 yard seasons. Who are we going to replace him with? You said we should draft for need, but you want to create another HUGE need? Waste another 1st round pick on a hole that we self-created like when crazy fans drove McGahee and Lynch out of town?! And Gailey HIRED Edwards and Curtis Modkins. Terrible hires that he should be fired for. I'd rather have SJ than Chan any day. OH, and whose fault is it that Chan is not committed to the run. SJ's or Chan's. ???

Edited by RyanC883

A mediocre coach and play caller. What wonders has he done for Fitzpatrick? His numbers really justified that contract extension. Its time to bring in someone who can make adjustments when needed.

yes, because there are so many viable adjustments to be made. The first one would be to get NFL caliber players. Oh, wait- the coach doesn't do that.

Do we know it's all on Chan, and Fitz isn't audiblizing to another play? I'm sure he has free reign to change a call after Gailey has made comments about their chemistry on and off the field.

Funny how few people seem to realize this.

I can't agree with firing Gailey............YET! He has only had 1 full year to put in his ofence and run it. Last year we had to find out after the first quarter of the year that Edwards wasn't going to "get it done". Fitz is a good QB. I think we have a solid core at O-line(if they can stay healthy) next year. We have young receivers who dont know how to be divas yet.............+ for us! Our D has looked spotty at best. Some times we look good for a half then fall to crud. Other times(Denver,Washington,KC) they look good. We need to give some of the young players a shot on both sides and let Fitz and Chan go after it one more year. The reason why teams stay at the top and other teams stay at the bottom is that they have consistancy at the coaching position. If you are always changing staff and putting in new playbooks. How can you build a winning franchise? Jsut my opinion as a life long Bills fan on the west coast. Transplant from Warsaw NY. All of the fans who give up and cry that people need to not go to the games just need to go away. Why do they feel the need to try and bring others along with them. I try to make games when they get out on the West coast . The easy thing to do is quit. I'm a Bills fan!! I'll never quit!!

Bills Fan For Life!!!

Thoughts?

It may not show on paper but this team is much better than last year. If the Injuries weren't as severe as they where we most likely would have been in contention for the playoffs.

I said at the beginning... Give him three years.

... I'm close to going back on that. I'm tired of being the laughing stock. But firing Chan probably won't bring us any more wins. Nothing will. Ever.

and get good LB's, DB's and DL's.......

And a good QB, OL, WRs, and TE

Yes, he was the head coach of a Division III school 40 years ago.

Find the winning (edit: NFL) record among: Butch Davis. Tommy Prothro. Bud Wilkinson. Dick MacPherson. Darryl Rogers. Frank Kush. Rich Brooks. Dennis Erickson. Mike Riley. Steve Mariucci.

easy, Mariucci, and the fact that he coached at Detroit only diminished his accomplishments at San Fran.