The Official RGIII thread

rayray808

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am pretty sure the previous poster is telling us that much like undersized speedster mike Vick, and whale sized jamarcus Russell

RG3 is actually of African American heritage. He must have been running real fast for us all to miss that!

Very much. Do you hedge your bets in a few middle of the pack stocks or go big on the one you have a feeling about? If we did go after him, you'd have to hope that we don't lose the house and college fund.

One trade piece that's gone unmentioned lately.... What about Stevie? Trade 2 firsts and Stevie (rams need a wr) and some mid round material? Sign a FA WR (cough:: colston ::cough:: ) and look for a number 2 wr and pass rusher from there - hoping there'd be some buffalo buzz going at that point

I guess when I hear of our interest in DEs who have huge question marks just to satisfy an obvious need, I think ok, retrospectively what if it was Maybin, Spiller, a 2 and a 3. Would anyone here say no?

my point was he is a running qb...and running qb,s usually dont win super bowls

Obviously comparing him to a guy with 4.3 speed in Vick and a guy thats 270 lbs and has 4.85 speed in his top shape in Russell was purely about how similarly the 3 run

Must have been russells under 200 career rushing yards at about 4.5 an attempt that had you mention him.

Edited by NoSaint

Really? First off, RGIII, I believe, will be a great player. But to trade up will cost a ransom and the Bills have to get their defense together. They are not in the position to give up multiple picks in this draft and next year's. They can win with Fitz. No, he won't be elite more than likely, but he's good enough to win with. Think if the Bills defense was actually consistently good this season; the Bills could have gone to the playoffs. Fitz wasn't the reason they lost most games.

As far as Morris Claiborne, if the Bills took him be happy. He's a stud, lock down CB. He more than likely will be gone by the time the Bills pick, for good reason, so don't worry about it. There are pass rushers available in round two who can come in and help.

Win what?

Depends- do you think other top tier qbs don't play hurt? I know brees had major ligament damage in his knee last year (not to mention a 7th string street free agent rb by the playoffs) and rumor was rivers had MAJOR injuries this year (but his play did suffer) Brady may or may not be hurt, well, every week.... Well never know.... And of course big ben has had some bone or another broken for about 4 years now it seems (again some effecting him and others not)

It's tough- I think by mid season most qbs have some similar injuries and most offenses have a few starters out. I think we are just middle of the pack right now. Some weeks better, some worse.

A lot of QBs play hurt & some are affected by it more than others. He probably shouldn't have played some of those games. Look at Brett Favre. He's a sure fire HOFer but his streak led to him playing in a lot of games & throwing a lot of interceptions when he should have been on the bench. Like his year with the Jets when a great season fell apart down the stretch.

Now I'm not for a second trying to imply that Fitz is on Favre's level & everyone's entitled to their own opinion; it's just annoying to hear raw unqualified numbers & statistics thrown around to support a premise when those of us who followed the season know there were a lot of factors involved. Basically, to have an interesting discussion on the topic you have to take the good with the bad.

A lot of QBs play hurt & some are affected by it more than others. He probably shouldn't have played some of those games. Look at Brett Favre. He's a sure fire HOFer but his streak led to him playing in a lot of games & throwing a lot of interceptions when he should have been on the bench. Like his year with the Jets when a great season fell apart down the stretch.

Now I'm not for a second trying to imply that Fitz is on Favre's level & everyone's entitled to their own opinion; it's just annoying to hear raw unqualified numbers & statistics thrown around to support a premise when those of us who followed the season know there were a lot of factors involved. Basically, to have an interesting discussion on the topic you have to take the good with the bad.

Agreed. I have never solely blamed Fitz for our season. My premise is and has always been that I don't think Fitz can get us to the playoffs. Therefore I feel we should make a bold move and try and get RGIII.

How in hades do you know 2 months before the draft?

All you have to do is look at previous years when teams moved up to draft a qb. If the browns or skins decide to give 2 first rounders, then the bills would have to give up a lot more than 2 first rounders since the browns are like 6 spots higher than us.

How in hades do you know 2 months before the draft?

How in the hades do you think that it will take just 2-1st rounders to get RGIII? Especially 2 months before the draft, when there are multiple teams bidding for that 2nd overall pick, meaning the cost will escalate?

Just watched his interview with Mariucci, and I gotta say, the kid is so amazingly well spoken.

Not well spoken "for a black guy", not well spoken "for an athlete", not well spoken "for a 22 year old". He is well spoken for an adult human being. Everything from his vocabulary to how he carries himself, is more mature, intelligent, and professional than I see out of most 40-something Executives.

If it wouldnt cost the team our entire future, I'd say pull the trigger. But as much as I like him, very few players (almost none) are worth 3 1st rounders, plus.

The first time I heard him on the radio, in October or early November, I still had not seen him and didn't know if he was black or white - all I knew was how great he had been playing, and then hearing him talk, I said that's who I want for the Bills!

Really? First off, RGIII, I believe, will be a great player. But to trade up will cost a ransom and the Bills have to get their defense together. They are not in the position to give up multiple picks in this draft and next year's. They can win with Fitz. No, he won't be elite more than likely, but he's good enough to win with. Think if the Bills defense was actually consistently good this season; the Bills could have gone to the playoffs. Fitz wasn't the reason they lost most games.

As far as Morris Claiborne, if the Bills took him be happy. He's a stud, lock down CB. He more than likely will be gone by the time the Bills pick, for good reason, so don't worry about it. There are pass rushers available in round two who can come in and help.

And one defensive player at 10 will magically turn the defense around this season & God knows are first round defensive picks have been gems

there is all value at defensive player past the first round in every draft thats a fact, every Draft Bills fan get a hard on for some defensive player thats a

"Can't Miss Stud" who always misses & is a dud I don't know what league your watching but offense wins games now the Pats defense was terrible & they made it to the Superbowl & Why Franchise QB Tom Brady nobody plays those 10 to 13 games anymore you have to score over 30 to win now

so better than going & drafting another 1st round defensive bust take your medicine & solve the problem because put a band aid on a open heart wound isn't going to stop the bleeding