The Official RGIII thread

rayray808

Let's clarify this again. Morris Claiborne is the best CB prospect in this draft and reportedly a better prospect

than Patrick Peterson was last year. However, he is NOT the LSU DB that they called Honey Badger (BTW, he is

better than that guy, too).

ieatcrayonz don't give a $@#!.

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because Chris Mortensen really has any !@#$ing clue who the Bills are going to take.

My favorite part of last year's draft was following the ESPN Draft blog and watching Mort report on picks a solid 5 minutes after some of the other guys. Meanwhile, the other ESPN guys would say, "Thanks a bunch, Mort" every time he did it :lol:

Kudos to Buddy for having even tried. Not his fault that it's a sellers market and the Rams are asking a ridiculous price.

As much as I would like to see us move up and get RG3, I'm not willing to trade away our entire future for a "maybe".

Also, we SHOULD be interested in Claiborne. Just like we SHOULD be interested in any player with elite talent. Doesnt mean we will draft him, only that we are able to recognize obvious talent. A skill our past front offices lacked.

You have to stop posting calm, logical responses on here.

poor crayonz. It's nice you folks help him along. Claiborne lands at ten we take him and are happy. is that agreed?

Well, yes, but with this understanding:

In order for Claiborne to fall to 10, you have to assume that both QBs, a couple OTs, Richardson, Blackmon, and a few DLs were all picked.

Being the case that all the "top" talent at other positions is gone, then I am ok with drafting Claiborne.

But again, it depends on who else is there.

You have to stop posting calm, logical responses on here.

I know, it makes for boring posting, right?!?

I make up for it by posting stupidity in OTW. :thumbsup:

Well yes is not sounding like agreed. But i understand your reserve. It's a tough pick at ten for us this year. Not just because of need but question marks on players seems to stand out this year at our pick point. May i use coples as an example?

Let's clarify this again. Morris Claiborne is the best CB prospect in this draft and reportedly a better prospect

than Patrick Peterson was last year. However, he is NOT the LSU DB that they called Honey Badger (BTW, he is

Let's clarify this again, you just been CRAYONZ'D, BAM!!

Well yes is not sounding like agreed. But i understand your reserve. It's a tough pick at ten for us this year. Not just because of need but question marks on players seems to stand out this year at our pick point. May i use coples as an example?

Claiborne over Coples every time, imo.

Here's my current "big board" based on skill and need (subject to change daily all the way up to the draft). Coples isnt even on it:

Luck

RG3

Kalil

Ingram

Upshaw

Blackmon

Reiff

Jeffery

Floyd

Martin

Claiborne

Kirkpatrick

Richardson

Barron

DeCastro

When was the last time the Bills won any thing ? We had Jim Kelly a "FRANCHISE QB" so if Andrew Luck was up for trade you wouldn't do the same trade demands either,if you say yes than your saying Andrew Luck can't miss, its a guarantee but you can't guarantee you take a chance no matter who you pick

I rather bet the farm & lose than play it save & still lose Eric Flowers, Mike Williams, JP Losman, Aaron Maybin ring a bell just to name a few I am sick of playing it safe why worry about how much its cost we are losing anyway, we have been paying for the last 15 years for bad picks that where made whats a few more at this point

if Ralph Wilson hasn't got the guts to take a chance Sell the Team because its not fair to us fans, I have been a loyal Bills fan for over 40 years some of you are too young to remember the good times & bad times & trust me there are more bad times than good & I don't want to be like the old timers I know who talk about the 60's when we where Champion & have nothing to look forward too

Edited by Matt183

thank gosh about Mr Coples.

I noticed Claiborne and Kirkpatricks' positions. adjusted for the combine?

i am leaning that we?/they/ Buddy and guys feel OT can be found later as well as some DE. I am still not sure if LT/OT is a need in first.

Huge need on the DE's but dont like 1st round value compared to 2nd. I would have thought that either of these corners would start and succeed though. But you have highlighted some serious weight coming into the NFL. Luck and Griffin might well be legends and are the spotlight of this year.

In order for Claiborne to fall to 10, you have to assume that both QBs, a couple OTs, Richardson, Blackmon, and a few DLs were all picked.

Being the case that all the "top" talent at other positions is gone, then I am ok with drafting Claiborne.

pretty much how I feel. I doubt that claiborne falls to us. Even if he falls out of the top 5, he won't last all the way to top ten.

I actually think tampa is going to take him. every is thinking richardson, but I don't think so.

He is what I am thinking how the top 6 will go

1) Indy takes luck

2) Browns take RGIII

3) Vikes take kalil

4) St louis takes Blackmon

5) Bucs take Claiborne

6) skins take richardson.

I haven't heard anyone say that he is a better prospect than Peterson.

pretty much how I feel. I doubt that claiborne falls to us. Even if he falls out of the top 5, he won't last all the way to top ten.

I actually think tampa is going to take him. every is thinking richardson, but I don't think so.

He is what I am thinking how the top 6 will go

1) Indy takes luck

2) Browns take RGIII

3) Vikes take kalil

4) St louis takes Blackmon

5) Bucs take Claiborne

6) skins take richardson.

Agree with your top five but I don't see shanahan taking a rb at 6....his ego/past results show he doesn't need an elite back to get elite production

When was the last time the Bills won any thing ? We had Jim Kelly a "FRANCHISE QB" so if Andrew Luck was up for trade you wouldn't do the same trade demands either,if you say yes than your saying Andrew Luck can't miss, its a guarantee but you can't guarantee you take a chance no matter who you pick

I rather bet the farm & lose than play it save & still lose Eric Flowers, Mike Williams, JP Losman, Aaron Maybin ring a bell just to name a few I am sick of playing it safe why worry about how much its cost we are losing anyway, we have been paying for the last 15 years for bad picks that where made whats a few more at this point

if Ralph Wilson hasn't got the guts to take a chance Sell the Team because its not fair to us fans, I have been a loyal Bills fan for over 40 years some of you are too young to remember the good times & bad times & trust me there are more bad times than good & I don't want to be like the old timers I know who talk about the 60's when we where Champion & have nothing to look forward too

Betting the farm needs to be done at the right time with the right guy making the deal for us. I think Nix is one smart sob the more i follow. He is tough and keen enough to listen. You just hang on there and lets see what this year brings. Hey i was was ready to sell the farm for RG also but woowee thats the farm and half my neighbors' farms too.

thank gosh about Mr Coples.

I noticed Claiborne and Kirkpatricks' positions. adjusted for the combine?

i am leaning that we?/they/ Buddy and guys feel OT can be found later as well as some DE. I am still not sure if LT/OT is a need in first.

Huge need on the DE's but dont like 1st round value compared to 2nd. I would have thought that either of these corners would start and succeed though. But you have highlighted some serious weight coming into the NFL. Luck and Griffin might well be legends and are the spotlight of this year.

Not sure if you are replying to my big board. But Im trying to avoid work, so I'll pretend you are :thumbsup:

My main point was trying to put together a list of 10 or more players I would be happy with, so no matter what "someone" will fall to us.

I have Claiborne and Kirkpatrick low simply based on need. If it was only based on talent, then Claiborne and Richardson would be higher, and Ingram and Upshaw would be lower. However, based on our needs, they all wash out about even.

Im assuming Luck, RG3, Kalil, Blackmon, Claiborne, and Richardson are all gone before we pick. And I feel like Kirkpatrick, Barron, and DeCastro would be reaches.

So really Im left with Ingram/Upshaw, Jeffery/Floyd, Reiff/Martin to choose from. Whichever the Bills have ranked higher at their positions.

No matter who we pick, Im also pushing Curry in the 2nd (or moving up to get him if need be).

Trust me, I've seen Patrick Peterson - If Claiborne is a better prospect, this would be an awesome move....By the way, if I am the Rams I ask for Joe Haden and Cleveland's 2 1st Round Picks for their #1 since they supposedly covet RG3 so much!

with these fans its playoffs or bust, no time to give up picks and take a rookie qb

It is playoffs or bust in 2012. You don't take 3 off-seasons and 48 games to go 8-8 or 9-7.

Believe the first part about not wasting the time, effort, picks, and players to move up to get a wholly unproven player. Don't believe the 2nd part about who they like.

Every player in the draft is unproven. Even Andrew Luck, and I'd deal 2 #1's to get him.