The Official RGIII thread

rayray808

Not only were Giants fans ready to boot Eli, they wanted Tom Coughlin gone before the first SB and even just recently he was under considerable pressure,and not just from the fans. The Giants finished this year at 9-7 and there was serious talk mid season about replacing him if he didn't make the playoffs. .

Fans, short for fanatics...

I went to the game in 2007 in Buffalo with a bunch of Giants fans who were my friends. Eli was awful and fumbled like 5 times. Their exact quotes were "Eli was the worst starting QB in the NFL." I was at a sports bar this summer in NYC and overheard fans talking about Eli, this beginning the summer after he led the NFL in Ints. They called Eli another name for a kitty cat.

Face it, 90% of fans are wrong. They overreact to eveything. If you want to make money, bet the opposite of what the majority is betting. But luckily for fans, we don't have accountability. IF that one thing didn't work, the coach/ player should have done the other thing. :devil:

I played water polo, basketball and baseball, actually.

But you're cool.

Water polo? Did you go to school in Hawaii?

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Tom Brady has been the starting quarter back for three Super Bowl winning teams.

In those years, here are ALL the stats that he finished in the top 5:

2001: Comp % (5th)

2003: Att (4th)

2004: 1st Down % (5th)

So did he qualify as an "elite franchise quarterback" all those years he was actually winning the big one?

(Go ahead and weigh SpyGate into your judgement)

And if he wasn't, in fact, an "elite franchise quarterback" during the Super Bowl years, and we can agree that Eli Manning is a borderline "elite franchise quarterback," and if you factor in Ben Roethlisberger's statistical/performance void in "his" first Super Bowl win, then from where I sit, having the best quarterback in the land is not a formula for Super Bowl winning success since 2000.

FE = "franchise elite"

2000: Trent Dilfer

2001: Tom Brady

2002: Brad Johnson

2003: Tom Brady

2004: Tom Brady

2005: Ben Roethlisberger

2006: Peyton Manning, FE

2007: Eli Manning

2008: Ben Roethlisberger, FE

2009; Drew Brees, FE

2010: Aaron Rodgers, FE

2011: Eli Manning

By my count, that's 4/12.

You are always wrong and it is laughable. What are we arguing about? :lol:

Indeed. :lol:

I went to the game in 2007 in Buffalo with a bunch of Giants fans who were my friends. Eli was awful and fumbled like 5 times. Their exact quotes were "Eli was the worst starting QB in the NFL." I was at a sports bar this summer in NYC and overheard fans talking about Eli, this beginning the summer after he led the NFL in Ints. They called Eli another name for a kitty cat.

Eli Manning is not yet up to the stats of Brady, Brees or his older brother Peyton. Not to mention he was down right horrible in some games last year, and threw 25 INT's. Lets face it tho, he has a very good team around him, O line, WR corps, good RB's and TE's. He has played in the same system and under the same OC & HC since he was drafted. Plus that defense really came on at the end of this 9-7 season and basically pushed them thru. The year end stats for that defense might not be very good but that front four is awesome, and can put pressure on anyone.

Eli Manning was drafted #1 overall by the Chargers but wouldn't play for them and was traded to NY for Phillip Rivers and other picks. Looking at it now he was worth that #1 pick, but he hasn't always played up to that billing. He can't carry his team by himself like Payton can

The Giants were 9-7 this year and got hot at just the right time, especially that defense.

Edited by Fear the Beard

Remember when people thought Phillip Rivers was better than Eli Manning even after he won a Superbowl? ...LOL

Just like ESPN personalities who beat the drum for Tony "hasnt won a playoff game" Romo. Or the MNF announcers that were kissing Rivers behind until he fumbled the snap and lost the game to KC.

• 2 weeks later...

Robert Griffin III - Radio Interview with Dan Patrick

I want to be careful not to use the phrase "...he was well spoken..." - All too often that phrase can be misunderstood as racist - indicating that you are suprised a black man speaks so well.

I wasn't impressed so much with his "well-spokenness" as I was with just how stinkin' smart he sounded.

His answers were sure and confident, and he never once gave the impression that he was goofy.

Just a straight up smart young man - who sounded football smart.

And...by the way...to Dan Patrick's point...how awesome would it be if the walked into his combine interviews carrying the Heisman Trophy to make the statement and reminder that he won the award and not the other guy.

I want to be careful not to use the phrase "...he was well spoken..." - All too often that phrase can be misunderstood as racist - indicating that you are suprised a black man speaks so well.

I wasn't impressed so much with his "well-spokenness" as I was with just how stinkin' smart he sounded.

His answers were sure and confident, and he never once gave the impression that he was goofy.

And...by the way...to Dan Patrick's point...how awesome would it be if the walked into his combine interviews carrying the Heisman Trophy to make the statement and reminder that he won the award and not the other guy.

Racist.

:nana:

Why would that be awesome and why does anyone need to be reminded of who won the Heisman? It sounds like a stupid and childish thing to do....no surprise it was Dan Patrick's idea.

Are we really going to get into the "lack of respect" nonsense for a guy who's going to be picked in the first hour of the draft??

Troy Smith, Matt Leinart, Jason White, Eric Crouch, Chris Weinke, Danny Wuerffel, Charlie Ward, Ty Detmer, Andre Ware, and Vinny Testaverde all recommend against that. And with the others, it's too soon to tell.

In general the intelligence of the this decades players is impressive and it's accross the board, not isolated to any particular demographic.

How impressive was Rodgers during superbowl coverage? Fitz probably doubled Jim Kelly's SAT's. Cam Newton comes accross as well spoken and self aware. Anyone ever hear David Nelson interviewed?

RG3 is either doing nfl or law school. One of the QBs from Texas aspires to be an orthopedic surgeon...

These guys are not dumb meathead jocks anymore.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

How insane would it be here if the Bills traded up to get RGIII? I still think that the possibility is out there. If it does happen it will come out of left field on draft day right after Luck is taken at #1.

I would be completely torn on this. I LOVE RG3 and realize you are dead without a franchise QB. I also realize Fitz wasn't the reason this team missed the playoffs and we need to have better talent on this team no matter who is under center. The type of trade it would take to get RG3 would kill our drafts for a few years.

But he seems like a great kid with amazing ability. He is like a perfect mix between Tebow (character) and Newton (ability).

In general the intelligence of the this decades players is impressive and it's accross the board, not isolated to any particular demographic.

How impressive was Rodgers during superbowl coverage? Fitz probably doubled Jim Kelly's SAT's. Cam Newton comes accross as well spoken and self aware. Anyone ever hear David Nelson interviewed?

RG3 is either doing nfl or law school. One of the QBs from Texas aspires to be an orthopedic surgeon...

I think you are forgetting that most posters on this board look like Brad Pitt and went to Harvard.

I would be completely torn on this. I LOVE RG3 and realize you are dead without a franchise QB. I also realize Fitz wasn't the reason this team missed the playoffs and we need to have better talent on this team no matter who is under center. The type of trade it would take to get RG3 would kill our drafts for a few years.

But he seems like a great kid with amazing ability. He is like a perfect mix between Tebow (character) and Newton (ability).

I think the Bills would have a good chance of being Superbowl bound within the next three to five years with RG III. This league is quickly becoming Arena Football. The AFC conference has become the weak conference and looks very beatable in the near future. I think having RG III as our QB would be a game changing event in this conference.

I really like Fitzpatrick, but look who he'd go against even if he did get us to the Superbowl. 90% chance it would be Aaron Rodgers, Eli Manning, Drew Brees or Cam Newton. I want to win it if they ever did get there again. It probably won't happen, but if it ever did happen...WOW!

Are you sure about this?

I think it depends on what you choose to focus on. There are at any one time, about 2000 players in the NFL and when you add NCAA football you're multiplying that number.

For every name you name, I could name a complete numbskull or three as a counterpoint.

I do appreciate the optimistic perspective though.

There are a lot of guys to admire and be impressed with.

I think you are forgetting that most posters on this board look like Brad Pitt and went to Harvard.

Speak for yourself. I'm much better looking than Brad and after taking the entry exam for Harvard they told me that they had nothing more that they could teach me. :w00t:

Edited by fansince88