If The Front Office Does Not Sign Stevie

BuffaloBaumer

Their stupidity will shine brighter than ever. It's like these idiots don't learn from past mistakes and just keeping letting the good players go while drafting a hopeful replacement. All FA olinemen need to be re-signed no matter if they are starters or back-ups along with Byrd and Johnson.

Make some progress for once and draft to fill holes that are their now - not ones that are created in a few months....

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

have you not been paying attention? its business as usual over at OBD. we are rebuilding be patient 4 more years 4 more years. but really i hope they resign him and draft a WR if we let stevie walk without even franchising him and draft a wr it wont shock me. its what ralph and the boys do.

If they don't sign him I will be extremely dissapointed. For the fact that they will not have learned from past mistakes. They continue to just create holes when they have talent again. The smart teams that are competitive would not only sign Stevie, they would do everything they could to either sign one of the stud FA WRs to lock down the other side and be set at WR for the next 4-6 years. If they don't believe Stevie is that good long term to sign a big deal they need to franchise tag him and then go after Bowe, Edwards, Jackson, Or Lloyd.

Ralph should know that publicity is good for selling tickets. Stevie sells tickets now just like TO sold tickets a couple of years ago. Stevie may be expecting more money than they want to pay him, but it should be worth 10% extra just because he is a fan favorite. His team mates like him, he plays hurt, he runs routes in the middle of the field, and he says he wants to stay in Buffalo.

The rest of the receiver corps is being paid peanuts, so they can afford to pay a little extra for Stevie. If they draft a big, fast receiver, the rookie pay scale makes it fairly cheap for his initial contract. If they go out and get one through free agency, then they will have to pay more, which means that is unlikely to happen. Paying 10% extra for Stevie in order to keep him isn't a bad idea at all. I would be shocked if they let him go.

On the other hand, if the whole "I like Buffalo" talk is not entirely honest, and Stevie wants to go someplace like SF (who just cut Braylon Edwards), then it could become a whole new issue that would make it almost impossible to re-sign him.

Their stupidity will shine brighter than ever. It's like these idiots don't learn from past mistakes and just keeping letting the good players go while drafting a hopeful replacement. All FA olinemen need to be re-signed no matter if they are starters or back-ups along with Byrd and Johnson.

Make some progress for once and draft to fill holes that are their now - not ones that are created in a few months....

At this point it is far too late. SJ would be an idiot to not test the FA market, he has one game remaining on his contract. Last year at this time, would hve been the right time to resign SJ. He is as good as gone, as some team will make him a reasonably large offer, that even if matched by the bills, will be accepted by SJ. Why not, he is a flamboyant type, I am sure a larger market will have allure for him. Say bye bye to SJ. What we should be looking at NOW, is WHO HAS ONE YEAR LEFT on their deals, that we may wish to retain longer, and get those deals done now.

At this point it is far too late. SJ would be an idiot to not test the FA market, he has one game remaining on his contract. Last year at this time, would hve been the right time to resign SJ. He is as good as gone, as some team will make him a reasonably large offer, that even if matched by the bills, will be accepted by SJ. Why not, he is a flamboyant type, I am sure a larger market will have allure for him. Say bye bye to SJ. What we should be looking at NOW, is WHO HAS ONE YEAR LEFT on their deals, that we may wish to retain longer, and get those deals done now.

Bell is also gone, IMO. FJ would love to be gone, but has a year left, maybe we should give the man a little good faith money.

Lil Donte is flamboyant and through his own stupidity, is making less than we offered. Ask Donte how his big market exposure is. Oh wait I have the answer. he is invisible.

Some players do way better in a small market. In fact I bet Jim Kelly will agree to that.

They know he is injured and has played through it and still done very well for us. Because of the Ralph is cheap mantra i hear, i can guess we will low ball his guy as long as we can. As a fan and been paying some attention to the kid i say we pay him or tag him.

My worry is that we are losing the emotional side of him dragging this deal out. I hope the guy's upstairs know what they are doing because stevie could be a very good receiver for someone for quite a long time. He is still raising his game and by no means has peaked. Might be best # 2 Robin in the league in for us. if we can find our own Batman soon. go Stevie

He is as good as gone, as some team will make him a reasonably large offer, that even if matched by the bills, will be accepted by SJ. Why not, he is a flamboyant type, I am sure a larger market will have allure for him. Say bye bye to SJ.

This is exactly why the Bills should franchise tag him. If we really believe that he is that important to some other team then we need to tag him and at least get some draft picks out of losing him. What's the going rate for a franchise tag player? Is it just one 1st rounder or is it 2?

THIS!

<...>

Bell is also gone, IMO. FJ would love to be gone, but has a year left, maybe we should give the man a little good faith money.

Just curious: What teams do you see as lining up to sign Stevie for the top-5 WR $ he allegedly wants?

He started the year well, but he hasn't exactly been lighting the place on fire the last half of the season. There are a lot of teams where he'd likely be a little fish in a big pond.

I do agree that we should work on deals for quality players that have a year left.

I also think we could work on a deal with incentives etc that would protect us but satisfy Stevie. If he pulls a Whitner, he could easily find Whitner's deal (less money, less visibility)

This is exactly why the Bills should franchise tag him. If we really believe that he is that important to some other team then we need to tag him and at least get some draft picks out of losing him. What's the going rate for a franchise tag player? Is it just one 1st rounder or is it 2?

What teams do you think are lining up to pay Stevie >$9.5 million for 2012 (going rate for a non-exclusive franchise WR per Wiki)

Edited by Hopeful

Just curious: What teams do you see as lining up to sign Stevie for the top-5 WR $ he allegedly wants?

HOnestly, I see every team needing a WR coming after him. He is a great shifty WR that can beat man coverage agaisnt anyone and knows where to find openings in zone coverage. He will be one of the top tagets in FA if you ask me. FWIW V Jackson and D Bowe are not going to hit the market. Only the Bills are stupid enough to let a great young talent go.

I agree. They have the cap room to keep their own. They should do that as advertised.

I see so overpay and overhyped, immature punk just because he is the best wr on a crap team? Yeah that is how you build a winner...

I see so overpay and overhyped, immature punk just because he is the best wr on a crap team? Yeah that is how you build a winner...

And how do you replace 80 catches and 1000+ yards next year? No WR on the roster can provide that production and using a top pick takes away from the other positions that need an influx of talent. The marginalization of Stevie continues. More like rationalizing not having to spend on their best receiving threat.

You are 100% right. But they don't care if you know their tendencies. There are enough people who never begin to get suspicious about their moves and actually think things will be better next year (click) next year (click) next year...

You are exactly correct. This is what good teams do. And why the Bills will let him go. It's like the RB situation a few years ago. Let McGahee go, draft Lynch, let him go, draft CJ. Now it's time for the WR rotation, all the while real NFL teams are doing what you stated, and finding a franchise (not backup) QB.