trade rb jackson?

nuklz2594

This is just too much to resist responding to...

Trade deadline is done. Adrian Peterson has just as many years of lifespan left as Jackson. Peterson is not as good as Jackson. We could never get fair value for Jackson. Jackson is not going anywhere.

would you consider trading fred to the vikes with ap done for a while? what is fred's value?

Seriously, how much do you know about football? For once the Bills have a position where we can say is a strength! How friggin rare is that?

So yea, lets trade a guy who would have had serious MVP consideration because we have a kick butt water bug. really, are you serious?

Edited by Best Player Available

Whats worse trading him or over paying him. I am sue he will want top nfl rb money, if so let his agent broker a trade deal that will give the bills a low first or high second pick. If he is worth the big bucks he should be worth a good draft pick. As much as I like Fred I dont want to see a stupid extension deal.

This is just too much to resist responding to...

Trade deadline is done. Adrian Peterson has just as many years of lifespan left as Jackson. Peterson is not as good as Jackson. We could never get fair value for Jackson. Jackson is not going anywhere.

God bless Freddie, but Peterson is as good as Freddie. He is 26. He has nearly twice as many yards as Freddie, 4 times as many TDs. He averages 1350 yards a season.

Couldn't resist.

some of the comments are comical. this is a hypothetical question. why overpay for a 30 year old rb? he will want spiller money. not saying he does not deserve it, just seems excessive. we are not a playoff contender. not even close. ap is much better than fred, just saying. to be honest i would be happy with hillis.

would you consider trading fred to the vikes with ap done for a while? what is fred's value?

Surely you must have posted this after entirely to much to drink for your Christmas celebration b/c that is just stupid talk !!! Do you think when Fred got hurt that the Vikings were entertaining the idea of trading AP to us ----------- NOT !!!!!

Go back to drinking & when you wake up tomorrow you'll feel like crap & realize just how foolish of a post this actually is !! :doh: :doh:

some of the comments are comical. this is a hypothetical question. why overpay for a 30 year old rb? he will want spiller money. not saying he does not deserve it, just seems excessive. we are not a playoff contender. not even close. ap is much better than fred, just saying. to be honest i would be happy with hillis.

You do know this is NOT a contract year for Fred. if its a hypothetical question. Why then even ask it man. How do you know what he wants?

A 30 year old RB that was putting up MVP numbers. Is that a bad thing? Jackson had his best season this year before he broke his leg. This was the first season that Jackson was the starter from the beginning and he proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that he belongs as a starting RB in the league. So, just because Jackson is 30, that means the Bills should trade him? Very bad idea!

If Jackson can get 20-25 touches a game, and Spiller gets 10-15 touches a game, the Bills will have the best RB tandem in the league.

A 30 year old RB that was putting up MVP numbers. Is that a bad thing? Jackson had his best season this year before he broke his leg. This was the first season that Jackson was the starter from the beginning and he proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that he belongs as a starting RB in the league. So, just because Jackson is 30, that means the Bills should trade him? Very bad idea!

If Jackson can get 20-25 touches a game, and Spiller gets 10-15 touches a game, the Bills will have the best RB tandem in the league.

Damn iPhones!!

I'd trade him in the offseason if you can get decent value. He's too old to rely on and is unlikely to stay healthy for a full season going forward. How many 31+ yr old rbs do you remember making the probowl? Spiller is the future. If you can get a second or third for fred, ship him off to a contender. He'd be a great fit for someone like new england.

Edited by TheBrownBear

Yes if:

you can get a 2nd rounder or better

you can get a stud WR

you can get a stud passrusher

Fred holds out of his contract for better money (top RB money)

if you think he's less than 2 years from retirement (which is basically the case for a 30+ RB)

No if:

Gailey ever decides to run the ball correctly

Gailey thinks he can actually utilize both Fred and CJ

you can pick up a WR and or passrusher in FA

Fred decides he's 30+ and goes forward with his current contract

Fred signs a 2 year extension with more if a signing bonus than his actual contract number

all this being said, the trade deadline is over and the Vikes won't be in the hunt for a stud RB anyway. We need a team one good RB away from winning the Superbowl or more likely being one RB short of being a true contender.

Green Bay

Cincinati

New England

Arizona

these teams cone to mind. Arizona only added because I feel they are better than thier record and should be better next season.