One positive note

26CornerBlitz

assuming indy takes luck, minny, st louis, jax, tb and cle with future qb's on their roster we have a shot at the 2nd best qb in the draft.

I wouldn't bet against Cleveland taking a QB. McCoy hasn't been very good this year.

TB could also consider one as Josh Freeman has been pretty bad, too.

Oh it will be top 10, I realistically can't see us winning another game. Denver is on a roll and our D can't stop a High School team, and NE will have home field to play for AT NE and will want revenge. That game could be one of the worst blowouts we have seen since SB 27. 5-11 is my prediction. That should be good for top 7 in the draft

I wouldn't bet against Cleveland taking a QB. McCoy hasn't been very good this year.

TB could also consider one as Josh Freeman has been pretty bad, too.

I feel like mccoy is homlgren's guy and will go for getting colt more help than replacing him.

As many have pointed out, our depth absolutely sucks. The higher we pick, the better our chances are of filling that depth.

Of course that only works if the Bills find a way to start signing their own FA's. If not, that whole idea goes out the window.

As many have pointed out, our depth absolutely sucks. The higher we pick, the better our chances are of filling that depth.

Of course that only works if the Bills find a way to start signing their own FA's. If not, that whole idea goes out the window.

yeah and if you buy 2 powerball tickets, you have twice as much chance at the $50million.

meanwhile, i'm gonna sh-- my pants at the excitement from drafting 7th instead of 12th. cause that's sure to be the difference that helps us make the playoffs in 2012.

Two things need to happen before we draft a QB in the 1st round this year. First, Fitz must be told to leave. Second, we need to switch to a 4-3, eliminating the need to pick a 3-4 OLB first.

Switching to a 4-3 eliminates the need for 3-4 OLB's..............but would create the exact same need for two 4-3 DE's.

The Bills need outside pass rushers any way you break it down.

I mean.......basically Kelsay just plays the LDE position most of the game. He actually made a few plays today but he's old and breaking down and was never anything more than an average LDE at his best.

Edwards is a serviceable 3-4 DE and Carrington looks like he could become one. Neither makes any sense as a 4-3 end. I guess they then become reserve DT's?

Dareus and Williams wouild make a very nice 1-gap 4-3 DT combo.

On paper at least.

The last time the Bills had two penetrating DT's in a 4-3 it was Pat Williams and Sam Adams. In order to be effective against the run one of them had to hold the point of attack to keep London Fletcher and co clean. Which kind of made it a waste of time having two penetrating DT's. Neither of them liked doing that work. Just something to consider.

Two things need to happen before we draft a QB in the 1st round this year. First, Fitz must be told to leave. Second, we need to switch to a 4-3, eliminating the need to pick a 3-4 OLB first.

That would depend on what DC signs here.

I feel like mccoy is homlgren's guy and will go for getting colt more help than replacing him.

This. It's also hard to get a read on McCoy - his line has been banged up this year, the running game has been streaky/spotty at best, and the WRs have been a disappointment at best - lots of drops and just not a lot of talent there.

I also think Shurmur is in over his head as HC and OC, and it shows, especially as a first-year head coach.

Switching to a 4-3 eliminates the need for 3-4 OLB's..............but would create the exact same need for two 4-3 DE's.

I mean.......basically Kelsay just plays the LDE position most of the game. He actually made a few plays today but he's old and breaking down and was never anything more than an average LDE at his best.

Edwards is a serviceable 3-4 DE and Carrington looks like he could become one. Neither makes any sense as a 4-3 end. I guess they then become reserve DT's?

Dareus and Williams wouild make a very nice 1-gap 4-3 DT combo.

On paper at least.

The last time the Bills had two penetrating DT's in a 4-3 it was Pat Williams and Sam Adams. In order to be effective against the run one of them had to hold the point of attack to keep London Fletcher and co clean. Which kind of made it a waste of time having two penetrating DT's. Neither of them liked doing that work. Just something to consider.

I have siad in the past that I would be for a change to the 4-3, but now I'm not so sure. These players have had 2 years in the system, so why not just get players that are better fits for it?

That would depend on what DC signs here.

Which, in turn, depends on what DCs you can convince to interview.

This. Sign our FA's dont let anyone walk. Then a solid draft, fill 2-3 spots with good FA's and we may actually be a contender next year (provided all our IR guys are returning healthy).

The story that Nix gave prior to the season was that the Bills were "all set" at OLB (edge rushers). Apparently, Merriman was the entirety of the plan for the season. Despite Merriman obviously being injury prone. Couple that with the inability of the guys drafted last year to do squat, they end up with a DE and DT starting at OLB. Now some will say it is just a matter of bad luck that Merriman got injured, but it simply is not a matter of luck to have no backup plan; heck, they haven't even tried to get any better by bringing in street free agents, unless maybe this guy that can jump out of a pool is it.

The Bills coaches are on a different page and continue to run this hybrid defensive scheme, which seems like an indication that they don't believe after two off-seasons that they have been given the requisite talent in the front-7 to run a base 3-4. Either that or they think they have an abundance of versatile talent and they can run any defensive system from down to down. Either way, the proof is in the pudding and the defense can be scored on almost at will. The Bills have spent their draft day resources both years on fixing the defensive front-7, and they continue to have big problems.

1324243873[/url]' post='2339105']

assuming indy takes luck, minny, st louis, jax, tb and cle with future qb's on their roster we have a shot at the 2nd best qb in the draft.

Cleveland has a future qb? Colt McCoy? No thanks. We have competition with Washington and Cleveland and any team that wants to trade up.

Here is the remaining schedule and record of the teams that currently have the same record or worse than the Bills:

IND: (1-13)

Wk 16: Texans (10-4)

Wk 17: @ JAX (4-10)

MIN: (2-12)

Wk 16: @ WASH (5-9)

Wk 17: CHI (7-7)

ST. LOUIS (2-12)

Wk 16: @ PITT (10-3)

Wk 17: SAN FRAN (10-3)

BROWNS: (4-10)

Wk 16: @ RAVENS (10-4)

Wk 17: PITT (10-3)

TAMPA BAY (4-10)

Wk 16: @ PANTHERS (5-9)

Wk 17: @ FALCONS (9-5)

JAGUARS: (4-10)

Wk 16: @ TENN (7-7)

Wk 17: COLTS (1-13)

DOLPHINS (5-9)

Wk 16: @ NE (11-3)

Wk 17: JETS (8-6)

I think the Bills end the season at 6-10 and will be selecting between 8-10. This will take them out of the race for all 3 of the top QBs, unless they trade up.

I think the Bills end the season at 6-10 and will be selecting between 8-10. This will take them out of the race for all 3 of the top QBs, unless they trade up.

Which game do you see them winning??

They couldn't beat the Dolphins at home, I doubt they will beat the Broncos.

The Pats on the road when they will be playing for home field??? That's going to be ugly.

The Bills picking 4th is a more likely scenario than the Bills winning another game, IMO.