2010 draft redo

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jason pierre paul

gronk

veldheer

I agree with this, but I'd also argue that Pierre-Paul benefits from having great coaching, both from coaches and the other guys he plays with on the Giants front seven. He's a very good player, but also was fairly raw coming into the league; I'm not sure how much success he would have had in Buffalo (though more than Maybin, certainly).

After looking at the 2010 draft, besides a few impact players, it's clear that this year's draft had way more talent. Though the Spiller pick wasn't ideal, there is some comfort in knowing that the draft was one of the weakest in recent years. 2012 looks to be a strong influx of talent, too, and let's hope that the management hits the first few rounds.

I agree with this, but I'd also argue that Pierre-Paul benefits from having great coaching, both from coaches and the other guys he plays with on the Giants front seven. He's a very good player, but also was fairly raw coming into the league; I'm not sure how much success he would have had in Buffalo (though more than Maybin, certainly).

After looking at the 2010 draft, besides a few impact players, it's clear that this year's draft had way more talent. Though the Spiller pick wasn't ideal, there is some comfort in knowing that the draft was one of the weakest in recent years. 2012 looks to be a strong influx of talent, too, and let's hope that the management hits the first few rounds.

2010 draft guys will be fine. 3rd years a charm

Pierre Paul and gronkowski are the Only choices in my book. I wanted us to draft Tebow with the first pick. He's done well....a lot of it has to do with his defense keeping him in the game. He's a star in the 4th. He's been lucky to have a chance in the 4th. He's beaten Matt Moore, Carson Palmer (3ints), cassel/palko, sanchez (no Greene or LT), rivers, ponder and hanie. I like tebow, he's a special person. Pierre-Paul is a very special player. I'd take a great qb over any other position.... I'm just not sold on him being a great qb yet.

Say no to Tebow. 58 Minutes of extreme boredom followed by 2 minutes of excitement is not how I want to spend my hard earned sports dollar.

Really? You're a bills fan right? How many times have you had 58 minutes of excitement followed by 2 minutes (or 2 seconds) of disappointment?

Wide Right

Home Run Throw-Back

The Dallas Monday Night Debacle

Jacksonville Last-Second Catch

The New England Opener Last Year

And thats just off the top of my head...I'll take 58 minutes of bordom and 2 minutes of excitement as long as it comes away with a W.

(By the way, NOT a Tebow advocate at all...)

I must say that I absolutely loved every one of those games that you mentioned, JimBob2232. Sure, it was a downer at the end. But I remember every one of those games. There have been a lot of wins that I have forgotton. Even if it ends in a loss, give me the game that forces me to the liquor cabinet for a double scotch to quell my nerves any day. Tebow is a current day flash who, I think, will not last. I have the Sunday Ticket and have tried to watch Denver with Tebow at QB and find myself switching channels looking for something more exciting. I could not care less if he manages to pull out a win. His games are just not very entertaining.

I'd take Pierre-Paul, Anthony Davis, Iupati, Brian Bulaga, Maurkice Pouncey, all ahead of Spiller...

BUT...

I'd take Dez Bryant over all of them...Period...He's a HUGE play-maker...Remember, there was at least a few people who believed Bryant was a Top 5 talent...His Game transferred over from College and then some...He's a stud...

Pass on Tebow for now...Maybe if he develops a bit of a Passing Game by this time next year he could enter the discussion...I would still rather have Bryant though... B-)

1324145575[/url]' post='2338120']

I'd take Pierre-Paul, Anthony Davis, Iupati, Brian Bulaga, Maurkice Pouncey, all ahead of Spiller...

BUT...

I'd take Dez Bryant over all of them...Period...He's a HUGE play-maker...Remember, there was at least a few people who believed Bryant was a Top 5 talent...His Game transferred over from College and then some...He's a stud...

Pass on Tebow for now...Maybe if he develops a bit of a Passing Game by this time next year he could enter the discussion...I would still rather have Bryant though... B-)

I'd take JPP over Dez every day of the week. Dez would easily be my 2nd choice.

Say no to Tebow. 58 Minutes of extreme boredom followed by 2 minutes of excitement is not how I want to spend my hard earned sports dollar.

Its better than 5 years of excitement followed by 30 years of agony.

Edited by Azucho98

2010 draft guys will be fine. 3rd years a charm

Based on what? Jackson's back next year at RB, putting Spiller back as a rotational guy. Troup hasn't shown anything and now is dealing with a (admittedly not as serious) spinal fracture. Carrington's role was taken by Dareus, and Dwan Edwards play means if the Bills stay a 3-4 team, he's back on the bench when Williams returns. If they go 4-3, he might be a base 43 end, but I'm not sure his size translates there either. Easley is a complete unknown, and the other remaining draftees from 2010 are Moats and Batten who barely get on the field anymore.

That draft class isn't looking good no matter how you slice it.

Really? You're a bills fan right? How many times have you had 58 minutes of excitement followed by 2 minutes (or 2 seconds) of disappointment?

Wide Right

Home Run Throw-BackForward Lateral

The Dallas Monday Night Debacle

Jacksonville Last-Second Catch

The New England Opener Last Year

And thats just off the top of my head...I'll take 58 minutes of bordom and 2 minutes of excitement as long as it comes away with a W.

(By the way, NOT a Tebow advocate at all...)

Fixed