im not trying to decorate a turd

EldaBillsFan

because this season turned out real sh_tty....

But we probably had our best rookie class in like 15 years.....only real question mark being chris and johny white....

But Dareus, Williams, Sheppard, Hairston,Searcy and Rogers....have looked solid or really good at times....going forward I am slightly encouraged and optimistic about the future of this team and the upcoming draft......

Just because some of those rookies had playing time didn't make them really good, Dareus has been underwhelming at times, great looking at others, Hairston has been a pleasant surprise, the others mentioned simply got a chance to play. Given the inevitable 5-11 record this team seems to be steamrolling towards, I don't share your optimism. To me, the turd has not quite been polished yet.

But we probably had our best rookie class in like 15 years.....only real question mark being chris and johny white....

But Dareus, Williams, Sheppard, Hairston,Searcy and Rogers....have looked solid or really good at times....going forward I am slightly encouraged and optimistic about the future of this team and the upcoming draft......

Dareus looks like a real NFL DL. Williams looked good too.

Hairston can push for a RT spot. Searcy and Rogers are maybes.

Just getting three solid starters out of this draft would be great. Not asking much when you look at the rest of the roster.

Dareus looks like a real NFL DL. Williams looked good too.

Hairston can push for a RT spot. Searcy and Rogers are maybes.

Just getting three solid starters out of this draft would be great. Not asking much when you look at the rest of the roster.

Or when you look at their typical draft history.

You may not have been trying to, but you did a pretty good job polishing it :)

I am forever the optimist, but I agree with the poster who says that just because they're getting PT, doesn't make them good. We know that Dareus is at least serviceable as he continues to see double teams, so he will be an NFL starter for years to come. Beyond that, we know nothing. A-Williams will start opening day next year, which I am happy about, but I also loved McKelvin his rookie year. How quickly people forget what a playmaker he looked like he was going to be. Who knows? Maybe he'd still be decent right now if we didn't have zero pass rush and he didn't have to cover the guy for 30 seconds every play. Very optimistic about Hairston and I'm sure he will start next year as well. Sheppard will start, but I have no clue whether or not he'll be a playmaker. The only one of these guys that has made a real play this year is Dareus and Sheppard's safety in a blowout in Miami. Beyond that we know nothing. But four guys who will be opening day starters next year is encouraging.

Again, if they've looked so solid/good... then how come our defense is so poor? I know our coaching sucks, but shouldn't the players also take a little bit of the blame?

I'll take a stab..

Spencer Johnson & Kelsay playing LB?

No pass rush?? Take away their 10 sack,1 game performance and we're looking at NFL all-time futility here.

No identity??? 4-3, 3-4, 2-5, Creep.. I realize they're scheming towards opponents down & distance tendencies, but how many times can you guess wrong? Isn't there a Law of Averages that suggests we'll guess right at least once?

IMO, Dork <stated w/ respect>, we can't know who's good -or not- in this ridiculous mess.

IMO, Dork <stated w/ respect>, we can't know who's good -or not- in this ridiculous mess.

That's pretty much where I'm at. We've had so many players go in and out, we've had a giant coaching change, and it all ends up being the same. I don't even know what to think about anyone on this team anymore.

Especially when we started 5-2 and now have lost six in a row.

Sheppard sucks in pass coverage...but has gotten better each weak around the line of scrimmage....

Rogers has really good instict and will get one or two punt and kick off returns before the end of the year

Searcy is solid.... and has played well in pass coverage and run support....

Didn't say stars, I said they looked solid and good at times....and when u consider they haven't played alot

if we aren't trying to decorate the turd then let's just go full blast...

- if our defense sucks... any part of you wish we drafted AJ Green?

- anyone else watch Von Miller and think about how we were all 90% sure he would be ours, and what that may have looked like?

- what about the fact that we still don't spend any money during off seasons to sign big defensive names?

- how about thinking what we would be if we indeed landed Tebow? (we were targeting him huge in the draft)

- if the NFL didn't step in and let Vick sign with us? (supposed to land him too when he came back)

sick and tired of the Bills being a 'mock draft' only type team... we need to start winning consistently

Again, if they've looked so solid/good... then how come our defense is so poor? I know our coaching sucks, but shouldn't the players also take a little bit of the blame?

because each piece is a domino and they affect each other. The front seven is not very good or healthy, it's like having a great number three hitter but no one is ever on base for him and no one behind him so he gets pitched around. You need the other pieces. I love this draft too- they did a good job last year ....Waaaaaaa !!!!!

HELLO WHEN YOU LOOSE YOUR BEST DEFENSIVE PLAYER AND YOUR BEST LB & YOUR STARTING SAFTEY WHO WAS PLAYING AT A PROBOWL LEVEL GOES DOWN FOR 3 OR 4 GAMES & YOU HAVE NO REAL OLB'S WHAT DO YOU EXPECT THE SUPER BOWL ???

WEATHER ANY ONE THINKS SO OR NOT MERRIMAN MADE A DIFFERENCE , REMEMBER BACK , WHEN DID THINGS START GOING SOUTH ??

WHEN HE GOT HURT WAS THE START !! THEN WILLIAMS -- LET YOUR MEMORY KICK IN , NOW TROUP DIDN'T PLAY WELL AT ALL -- THERE YOU GO ARE YOU STARTING TO SEE THE PICTURE NOW :huh: ??????

MAN YOU WOULD THINK COMMON SENSE MIGHT ENTER THE TRAIN OF THOUGH ONCE IN A WHILE :doh: :doh: :doh: !!!!!!!

Edited by T master