Fitz Has Possibly Had A Broken Rib Since Toronto?

Your exactly right.

I bruised my ribs landing on a football that my running back fumbled. Some 300 pounder jumped on the pile and the point of the ball went straight into my ribs. I thought I was going to die for reals.

Second worse pain in my natural life outside of an impacted tooth which hard to believe was much worse.

With bruised ribs when you breath it HURTS.

If Fitz did have even bruised ribs it would effect his game no doubt. Even if he did shoot it with pain killers its still a 4 week thang.

I don't buy any kind of lingering injury. With rib injuries, particularly ones bad enough that it hurts to breathe, you see indications in how people move, walk, run etc.. Fitz threw the same (motion wise), and not only did he run the same and just as often, he did not slide but went in head first and drove for additional yards. QBs with rib injuries would NOT do this. Not even IronMan FitzMagic.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2012/1/24/2729761/ryan-fitzpatrick-rib-injury-redskins

Today, an article from NFL.com stated Fitz's performance dropped off after his contract extension. IMO they're off base with that. Buffalo Rumblings put together some interesting figures with Fitz's stats before the London Fletcher hit, and after the hit:

"Here are the facts of the matter: before that hit, Fitzpatrick was completing 67 percent of his passes at 7.6 yards per attempt with a 13-to-7 touchdown-to-interception ratio. After the hit, he completed 59 percent of his passes at 6.2 yards per attempt with an 11-to-16 touchdown-to-interception ratio. Before the hit, the Bills had scored 198 points in 6.5 games of football; they scored 174 in the final 9.5.

You tell me, Bills fans: is there something to this?"

Statistical correlation is not the same as causation. In my view, the defenses caught up to the Bills attack, and the injuries (to Wood, FJ, Bell, etc.) took a big toll.

The recent Kyle Willians story (teams exploiting other teams' injury information) explains why, if Fitz WAS injured, we'll NEVER know about it.

There's the answer. Once defenses figured Gailey and Fitzpatrick out by forcing him to throw outside the hash marks downfield, Fitz proved he couldn't do it enough to hurt opponents. Gailey was particularly frustrated after that game because his QB not once but twice couldn't complete those types of intermediate routes.

The broken rib thing sounds like something leaked out in hopes it would explain away why their anointed QB fell off the table post-contract extension.

This sounds like the Trent Edwards defense. I think the drop off had to do with a poorly talented team around him that got even worse due to injuries that mainly hit hard and deep at key positions like...oh...say...WR...a revolving door of crap at LT ...OH....and...losing his potential probowl candidate center Eric Wood may have also had a slight impact.

Let's not even mention one of the leagues worst defenses losing it's best player KW so they played in panic catch up mode after midway through the 2nd quarter.

You consistently blame the team around him. The team around him did not throw two underthrown picks in the Giants game. The team around him did not cause teams to jam the LOS and expose his horrendous deep ball. He is mediocre and has always been mediocre, regardless of the team around him.

There's the answer. Once defenses figured Gailey and Fitzpatrick out by forcing him to throw outside the hash marks downfield, Fitz proved he couldn't do it enough to hurt opponents. Gailey was particularly frustrated after that game because his QB not once but twice couldn't complete those types of intermediate routes.

The broken rib thing sounds like something leaked out in hopes it would explain away why their anointed QB fell off the table post-contract extension.

Yeah, the blame for our sputtering offense lies with Gailey/Fitz and them alone.

You don't care to address the absolute circus of players we had at WR, losing a potential MVP candidate to injury, losing the best OLineman to injury, having a rotating cast of LT's? No? Just going to keep pounding the "it's because our players suck" drum?

You consistently blame the team around him. The team around him did not throw two underthrown picks in the Giants game. The team around him did not cause teams to jam the LOS and expose his horrendous deep ball. He is mediocre and has always been mediocre, regardless of the team around him.

When he consistently has time and a pocket to step up and make a deep pass or two, then you can call his efforts horrendous.

Until then, find yourself a dictionary and look up "holistic."

That would explain the poor decisions and terrible throws. Are you sure your friend who is a good friend with Fitz's doctor didn't say he hurt himself lifing his wallet after he signed that ridiculous contract? It is kind of ridiculous, since it is against the law for a doctor to talk to someone else about a patient no matter who he is.

Know thats an LOL:lol:

I wonder if Raven fans have this same argument about Joe Flacco...or Bucs fans about Josh Freeman...or Rams fans about Sam Bradford...

PTR

I live in MD and fans are definitely polarized on Flacco. The media I think is much tougher on him then buffalo is on fitz. Plus he doesn't handle it very gracefully which only adds fuel to the media fire.

I thought he played well enough to beat the pats myself..

Codemonkey? If your a Ravens fan why are you on this site? Don't like your fork in the buffalo logo either. Just saying.

Ravens fan? Not sure where you came up with that. The fork was in them early again this season, really doesn't matter if you or I like it or not.

The answer is in the defense.....hear me out

If our defense was actually forcing punts we wouldnt be down by 3 TD's in the 1st quarter

......which would cause Gailey to stick with the run

......which would open up the play action

......which would slow down the pass rush

......which would give Fitz more time and allow him to not throw off his back foot all the time

......which would make him more accurate

Its the defense

Im not a huge Fitz fan but i dont hate him either. I think we should give him another year atleast. He has shown potential to be a good starter. 1 yearstarting isn't enough, and then throw in the injury factors and he still gets another year. This time hopefully with a better supporting cast in all 3 phases of the game!

Edited by snamsnoops

I think we are going to see another year of the Fitz. But his deep ball needs alot of work. He really has to step into the throw to make a deep pass. If the pocket is too small he cant make the throw. Vick and other QB's can make the deep throw with a just a flick of the arm it seems.

Hopefully the new QB coach can work with Fitz on the deep ball.

When he has good protection he seems to do very well (most good quarterbacks do). If we could lock down LT, have Levitre and Wood healthy and in-position, Urbik at RG, and a workable RT (which we probably have between the guys on the roster), I think he has a good chance of being successful.

You obviously have no clue man. How do you explain his league leading performance through week 6 or so? You try to point to a couple poorly thrown balls and say he sucks? I guess the Pats should dump Brady after they almost lost to the Ravens. I guess they figured out you have to jam their TE at the line which screwed up Brady's timing exposing his inability to hit wide open TE's.

[insert insult about posters intelligence here] :wallbash:

You obviously have no clue man. How do you explain his league leading performance through week 6 or so? You try to point to a couple poorly thrown balls and say he sucks? I guess the Pats should dump Brady after they almost lost to the Ravens. I guess they figured out you have to jam their TE at the line which screwed up Brady's timing exposing his inability to hit wide open TE's.

[insert insult about posters intelligence here] :wallbash:

Brady has his team in the Superbowl yet again. When has Fitz had a winning season? A season is 16 games, not 6. I have no reason to insult your intelligence. You're doing fine all by yourself.