Fitz Has Possibly Had A Broken Rib Since Toronto?

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for posting.

On top of what you pointed out, it says that Cortez "won't make the $400,000 he made in Buffalo."

That's more than I would have thought the team would pay our quarterbacks coach.

On top of what they were paying Gailey, OC Modkins, DC Edwards (now departed) and Asst. Head Coach Wannstedt… that's a fair amount of money tied up in coaching.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Sounds like certified rumor mongering. No more No less.

Its hard for me to imagine that the pain from the Fletcher hit didn't linger for a while -- like 5 or 6 weeks. Its one of the worst injuries a thrower can have. Ribs might not have been broken -- but sometimes a deep bruise is worse...

Many on this board suggested Fitz wasn't the same after Fletcher popped him in the Redskins game.

That was a vicious hit by London. Still trying to figure out why Fitz would just stand there like that 10 yards past the line of scrimmage. Doesn't Fitz know that 7-10 yards from scrimmage is where London makes all his tackles?

Its hard for me to imagine that the pain from the Fletcher hit didn't linger for a while -- like 5 or 6 weeks. Its one of the worst injuries a thrower can have. Ribs might not have been broken -- but sometimes a deep bruise is worse...

Or they might have been broken and fitz lied to reporters

That was a vicious hit by London. Still trying to figure out why Fitz would just stand there like that 10 yards past the line of scrimmage. Doesn't Fitz know that 7-10 yards from scrimmage is where London makes all his tackles?

Well technically it wasn't a tackle, just a hit. :devil:

:lol: BPA is the Minister of Truth. If you don't like a story you declare it a rumor!

PTR

Find me a single legitimate link, or a comment by a Bills coach confirming any of this garbage. I didn't hear Nix utter a word about it yesterday. Would have been a good time to say something. Kind of help the fans attitude about his play this year, and lessen the sting of people who think our quarterback is an overpaid backup. Or better yet one show us one of you're famous "stats" that prove he was injured. Oops, I forgot they are recanted by yourself within 24 hours as being WRONG and INACCURATE.That's some funny stuff man. So I guess no help there huh?

Yea, the super star quarterback of the Bills hid a injury that is the cause of him sucking for more than half a season. Get real.

Who do you think we have Favre in his prime. Every NFL player is dinged up during the course of a season. But yea lets blame an injury

and come up with a new excuse next year when he throwing 15 yard passes in the dirt 5 feet short of the receiver. Blind faith at its best.

Edited by Best Player Available

If ther was an undisclosed injury to Fitz that would make things this season much more explainable & seems the way that Fitz would want it . He never has been one to give an excuse for his play he always takes responsibility for his play .

Maybe thats why him & Gailey are such a good match they are both the buck stops here kind of guys & neither are afraid to take responsibility for there actions & will stick by what they say & do at all costs .

They both have my vote !!! :thumbsup:

If ther was an undisclosed injury to Fitz that would make things this season much more explainable & seems the way that Fitz would want it . He never has been one to give an excuse for his play he always takes responsibility for his play .

Maybe thats why him & Gailey are such a good match they are both the buck stops here kind of guys & neither are afraid to take responsibility for there actions & will stick by what they say & do at all costs .

They both have my vote !!! :thumbsup:

Correct me if I'm wrong but during the course of an NFL season if a player misses a single practice. league rules require disclosing the injury, yep you can kitty foot around with that rule (see Tom Brady). But if Fletcher's "hit" caused Fitz to get injured. It could not have been too severe, as Fitzmagic kept on playing. But hey yea lets blame that as the reason his game tanked after the skins game.

Edited by Best Player Available

Find me a single legitimate link, or a comment by a Bills coach confirming any of this garbage. I didn't hear Nix utter a word about it yesterday. Would have been a good time to say something. Kind of help the fans attitude about his play this year, and lessen the sting of people who think our quarterback is an overpaid backup. Or better yet one show us one of you're famous "stats" that prove he was injured. Oops, I forgot they are recanted by yourself within 24 hours as being WRONG and INACCURATE.That's some funny stuff man. So I guess no help there huh?

Yea, the super star quarterback of the Bills hid a injury that is the cause of him sucking for more than half a season. Get real.

Who do you think we have Favre in his prime. Every NFL player is dinged up during the course of a season. But yea lets blame an injury

and come up with a new excuse next year when he throwing 15 yard passes in the dirt 5 feet short of the receiver. Blind faith at its best.

I'd have to venture there's some middle ground between awful qb and favre- like maybe he's an inconsistent player made even more erratic by injury.

And why would nix announce at his own press conference that he lied about the injury and possibly violated NFL rules? (I don't remember what, if any, listings he had on the injury report)

I'd have to venture there's some middle ground between awful qb and favre- like maybe he's an inconsistent player made even more erratic by injury.

And why would nix announce at his own press conference that he lied about the injury and possibly violated NFL rules? (I don't remember what, if any, listings he had on the injury report)

Your point may be true. I don't understand why the entire team including the Quarterback would hide a injury? We were certainly not challenging for dominance in the league. Were we afraid of big bad opposing lineman zeroing in on our Quarterback? That's what backups QB's are paid for. Do you risk further injury to your 59 million dollar man? I doubt it. Then again thigpen can hardly be called a quality backup.

At least I try to back up my posts with facts and if I misspeak, I admit it.

PTR

I fell on my back on the ice and got a dislocated rib in my back. Hurt like blanket blank for about two months after I had it put back in place by the massage therapist. Couldn't imagine throwing a football 40 yards. Heck I couldn't throw it 20 feet without pain for at least two months.