Fitz Has Possibly Had A Broken Rib Since Toronto?

I agree that we are still undiscovered as to our capabilities when all headed in the same direction with all the horses pulling.

a rookie (this group together as players and coaches) team we still are. But this is the year to call bull **** on the group as a whole. Did Fitz and company hit the wall half way through the season after bad things started to happen and i think the defense was starting to wonder wtf is going on here!?

Fitz has a new qb coach that i have read some of his quotes and think this guy can help. And i also feel the coaches we did pick up were guys we had been looking at for awhile.

Can the big plan start to shape up? So much of it will depend on Ryan this season. The players consider him the leader on offense for sure. Him and Fred.

If he had busted ribs after washington Fletcher and such, he should be in tip top condition this season and no excuses. But if he has spent his off season eating 4.5 pound steaks in record time we might have a problem! He needs to develop his conditioning for a full NFL season as The starter. he looked tired out last season to me.

I generally agree with your points but for me next year would be the year to call bull ****. No off-season lockout, another year of maturity for this team for 2012. FO has a three year plan to be in the playoffs and year 3 is here. I feel we have been building some player stability/talent and this year will be critical both in whom they jettison (Bell, Stevie) and what they choose to do in FA. I don't like to assume drafted players will have an immediate impact as starters, though some depth should be provided.

In all honesty even if they didn't make the playoffs I might cut FO slack if the on-field talent is more evident than 2011. Kind of like the 87 bills.

What's really killed this franchise is the lack of stability and direction both in FO and players. I know that blowing up the FO and players only guarantees us at least 3 more lousy years and Buffalo probably isn't a preferred destination for top coaches and GMs.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my bad about timing. I mean this upcoming off season and FA, draft and season. Sorry for that. and thanks for helping me clarify Gary. This season is defining for us. Are we finally moving forward with purpose? i hope so friend. As for now i am still on board with the current-ish regime.

go bills!

Edited by 3rdand12

...What's really killed this franchise is the lack of stability and direction both in FO and players. I know that blowing up the FO and players only guarantees us at least 3 more lousy years and Buffalo probably isn't a preferred destination for top coaches and GMs.

Don't worry. Nix (or Whaley if/when Nix retires) and Chan are here until Ralph passes away. They won't rebuild again. This is who we're left with until there's new ownership.

Ethics are violated all the time. The assumption that a person could not possibly do something unethical or illegal based on the job or oath taken is actually dangerous. 2 police departments by me are facilitating painkiller trafficking. Go figure. As far as doctor patient confidentiality goes I have never hung out with a doctor yet that did not have the craziest stories about none other than their own patients. There is a fool proof way to know if your doctor follows these rules. Just ask him or her if they will be discussing any of your information with others who are not colleagues. If they say no, then case closed. It's like all those thousands of honest people that get speeding tickets and plead guilty.

Heh. I used to work at a major medical center. There were signs in all the elevators reminding the staff to protect patient confidentiality by not discussing their cases in elevators and corridors (public places where anyone could overhear and put scraps together). Those signs weren't there because it wasn't happening - it was a pervasive problem and the signs didn't stop it.

Point being, even if your doctor restricts his discussions to colleagues, there are factors to consider such as where are these discussions taking place? And are all these colleagues following the rules?

That's the problem with confidentiality for the famous, it's not just the doctor, it's the x-ray tech and the receptionist and maybe the medical students and anyone who rides up the elevator with the doctors on their way to Tues. morning rounds.

Don't worry. Nix (or Whaley if/when Nix retires) and Chan are here until Ralph passes away. They won't rebuild again. This is who we're left with until there's new ownership.

I think you're probably right on tgregg but that doesn't mean I can stop worrying because my overall assessment of Buddy and Chad will be determined after 2012 season is over. In all honesty Buddy's made some decent moves at times and other times I'm not so sure. That only increases the worry for now! B-)

my bad about timing. I mean this upcoming off season and FA, draft and season. Sorry for that. and thanks for helping me clarify Gary. This season is defining for us. Are we finally moving forward with purpose? i hope so friend. As for now i am still on board with the current-ish regime.

go bills!

Thanks for clarifying, I'm with you then! I try and be a realistic optimist about things. Nobody's perfect but I do feel we're actually making forward progress. B-)

Given the way the Sabres have been playing under new ownership...

• 4 weeks later...

Yikes, I almost didn't believe this story from David Nelson, but in this article both Stevie Johnson and Fitz confirmed it.

Just amazing the man could even play, go out on the field and try and win games. Then considering if the HC knew about this injury and didn't sit his QB, instead he just kept calling shotgun passing plays....was he intentionally trying to ruin the mans career?

Probably should have sat out until he recovered and let Thigpin take a pounding behind that PoS line without Eric Wood...

http://profootballta...cks-rib-injury/

Now this article http://www.torontosun.com/2012/03/05/bills-fitzpatrick-coy-on-rib-injury

It really does suck that the team doesn't have enough depth or intelligence to allow these men to heal up for a few weeks

On Monday, Fitzpatrick said one thing that inspired him to keep playing in 2011 was watching Johnson fight through shoulder and groin injuries.

"To see him going through that, with the injuries he had, limping around and trying to get through practice even -- that motivates me," Fitzpatrick said. "And that motivates other guys to go out there and give it our best as well."

Edited by Fear the Beard

“I mean, it’s something I don’t really want to get into much,” Fitzpatrick told the Toronto Sun. “The only thing I’ll say is guys in the NFL play hurt. Every game guys are hurt, especially at the end of the year. And that’s just part of the game, it’s part of the business, and something you have to do.”

Receiver Stevie Johnson was slightly more talkative on the topic.

“I know personally, in the huddle, the worst it got — to my knowledge — is he barely could say a full play under one breath,” Johnson told the Sun.

Coincidentally, the team’s — and Fitzpatrick’s — slide started thereafter. At 5-2 after shutting out the Redskins, the Bills lost seven straight. The quarterback’s passer rating plunged from 116.4 against the Redskins to 51.9, 46.6, and 45.8 in the next three games.

That said, the fact that teams like the Saints (or perhaps a decade ago the Bills) were using cash as the carrot to knock guys out of games, I’ve now got a different attitude about hiding injuries.

I NOW HAVE EVEN GREATER CONFIDENCE THAT FITZ IS A TOP 15 QB IN THIS LEAGUE.

Yikes, I almost didn't believe this story from David Nelson, but in this article both Stevie Johnson and Fitz confirmed it.

Just amazing the man could even play, go out on the field and try and win games. Then considering if the HC knew about this injury and didn't sit his QB, instead he just kept calling shotgun passing plays....was he intentionally trying to ruin the mans career?

Probably should have sat out until he recovered and let Thigpin take a pounding behind that PoS line without Eric Wood...

http://profootballta...cks-rib-injury/

Now this article http://www.torontosun.com/2012/03/05/bills-fitzpatrick-coy-on-rib-injury

It really does suck that the team doesn't have enough depth or intelligence to allow these men to heal up for a few weeks

On Monday, Fitzpatrick said one thing that inspired him to keep playing in 2011 was watching Johnson fight through shoulder and groin injuries.

"To see him going through that, with the injuries he had, limping around and trying to get through practice even -- that motivates me," Fitzpatrick said. "And that motivates other guys to go out there and give it our best as well."

I suppose Fitz is to be commended, but really, this is an indictment of the clubs confidence in Thigpen. I know I'm not the first to say this, but the backup QB position must be addressed. When a team goes into a 7 game slide and the QB play suffers as it did you have to look to your backup. The team was 'in it' and that was quickly swept away.

I suppose Fitz is to be commended, but really, this is an indictment of the clubs confidence in Thigpen. I know I'm not the first to say this, but the backup QB position must be addressed. When a team goes into a 7 game slide and the QB play suffers as it did you have to look to your backup. The team was 'in it' and that was quickly swept away.

ABSOLUTELY !!

Any Dr. that would reveal details on the health of one of his patients should lose his license.

That said, I've wondered about this for a couple of weeks now. Fitz took a HUGE shot to the chest in that game and hasn't thrown the same since.

Now, that's a bit much. Sure, he should be reprimanded in some way, but lose his license?

Sometimes people forget that doctors are actually doing something great for society and that their patients and people in general would be the ones that would suffer if he lost his license. Having loose lips certainly does not equate to practicing bad, negligent medicine.

Now, that's a bit much. Sure, he should be reprimanded in some way, but lose his license?

Sometimes people forget that doctors are actually doing something great for society and that their patients and people in general would be the ones that would suffer if he lost his license. Having loose lips certainly does not equate to practicing bad, negligent medicine.

Except that its the law, and those are the consequences. Its right in the oath they have to take or have you totally forgotten the ruling in Hipaacrates vs. Alabama?

Are you referring to wanting the Bills not to be the only team in the NFL not to make the playoffs since 1999 as unrealistic? B-)

More that we expect players to excel while playing with broken bones, but whatever.

PTR

“I mean, it’s something I don’t really want to get into much,” Fitzpatrick told the Toronto Sun. “The only thing I’ll say is guys in the NFL play hurt. Every game guys are hurt, especially at the end of the year. And that’s just part of the game, it’s part of the business, and something you have to do.”

Not everyone on his team does. I will say it again--Fitz is the toughest man on thais team.

Definitely. And one has to respect him for not using the injury as an excuse.

I sure as hell do. That speaks volumes to the other guys on the field if your quarterback of all people is fighting through something as painful as a broken rib. You know how much it must have hurt to have 350lb lineman fall on top of you? And every week Fitz fought for every yard, hardly every sliding in open field. He might not throw the ball that well sometimes but he's tough as hell, a great leader, and as we all know very smart. I blame the injury for the sudden decline in his play and give him a flyer. He deserves to be unchallenged as the number one guy next year and I think he will be. This regime believes in Fitz, his team definitely does, and once the rest of the fans buy in I think this team is going places, I really do.

I am glad Stevie was extended. The good vibes seem to have improved the tenor of our discussion in regards to Fitz. Let's also talk about the fact that despite playing through the injury that he also started to play better down the stretch in spite of it. 2012 will be very interesting.

To add. Fitz said as much about stevie playing hurt. getting layed out and coming back in again and again. How can you not love this stuff. It's what Buffalo Bills are supposed to represent. I personally am gaining more respect everyday nearly as i study up on our team. 2012 is already very interesting sir!