Fitz Has Possibly Had A Broken Rib Since Toronto?

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This makes sense to me. He went from Hero to Zero at the flip of a switch.

Cool story time: I live in NC and I met a dude a few months ago who played football at Wake Forest, and then was in the NFL for a little while as a kick/punt returner. (can't remember his name, it's pissing me off.) Anyway, he said, and I swear I'm not making this up, he never got spooked by big hits until he he got laid out once by London Fletcher. It was like nothing he'd ever felt before, and it was at that moment he decided he didn't want to play in the NFL anymore. He was a borderline player anyway, so it's not like he had a big career ahead of him. So he said "f this, I'm done," and got into the business world.

contrast with SJ "I don't know why he played worse, maybe it was the contract, IDK".

Got a link? Was that on his twitter? Could be he knew that the team and/or Fitzgibbons didn't want the injury discussed publicaly and that was Johnson's awkward attempt to answer a question without answering it.

Got a link? Was that on his twitter? Could be he knew that the team and/or Fitzgibbons didn't want the injury discussed publicaly and that was Johnson's awkward attempt to answer a question without answering it.

SJ said it on Rome. Most likely, as you intimated, he probably didn't want to divulge the real reason. Less likely is he didn't know.

As for why Nelson came out with it today, maybe Fitz gave Nelson the OK, or maybe Nelson didn't care if he revealed it and just wanted it known?

SJ said it on Rome. Most likely, as you intimated, he probably didn't want to divulge the real reason. Less likely is he didn't know.

As for why Nelson came out with it today, maybe Fitz gave Nelson the OK, or maybe Nelson didn't care if he revealed it and just wanted it known?

Nelson came out and said that Fitz was playing with a rib injury today? Link?

I posted this before. I had a chance to talk with Fitz's dad before the Cowboys game. He said after the Fletcher hit Fitz was real hurting. He was amazed he was able to play the way he was walking around the house the next week. He was trying to convince him to wear a flack jacket. But to no avail. So I know he was hurt and I can't imagine playing with that injury let alone trying to throw the ball. The downturn was in part the rib injury and the Freddy injury. No coincidence.

I posted this before. I had a chance to talk with Fitz's dad before the Cowboys game. He said after the Fletcher hit Fitz was real hurting. He was amazed he was able to play the way he was walking around the house the next week. He was trying to convince him to wear a flack jacket. But to no avail. So I know he was hurt and I can't imagine playing with that injury let alone trying to throw the ball. The downturn was in part the rib injury and the Freddy injury. No coincidence.

So then a team, coach, and quarterback would allow a 8 game slide because of this? Were not talking about superman here. A team would let a season go because a former back up quarterback had a rib injury and the Bills had no alternative but to play the guy? Really?

Goes to show the utter lack of trust in Thigpen by the coaching staff.

This same thought did cross my mind. If Fitz playing like crap with injured ribs/chest/whatever is felt by the coaching staff to be better than Thigpen, why is Thiggy on the roster? Throw him back in the pond and haul in a different fish...er, backup QB

So then a team, coach, and quarterback would allow a 8 game slide because of this? Were not talking about superman here. A team would let a season go because a former back up quarterback had a rib injury and the Bills had no alternative but to play the guy? Really?

You wanted to see Thiggy?

No my point is that before he got lucky and the starter went down in St Louis we might still not know who he was. He had years of terrible to no nfl performance to start his career. He had success and failure after he finally stuck in the national football league. The only things that changed were he was given a chance and at certain times he had the right talent, the right situation and right scheme working for him.

These people with blinders on like to point to Fitz past as being mediocre which it generally was. We did however see what he could do when the poor talent that we have to offer to put around was healthy. He was leading the league and so were Bills. His WRs started dropping like flies as did his offensive lineman and all of a sudden people forgot he was a MVP candidate and playing step for step with the best QBs in the league.

I'm really trying not to insult these people's intelligence but come on! They need to open their eyes. How can you ignore what this team was accomplishing and his role in it the first 3rd of this year? That is what he and this team can achieve WHEN IT IS HEALTHY. We are still just beginning our rebuilding and we don't have the depth much less the starting talent to keep the juggernaut rolling when key starters especially a lot of key starters at the same position go down.

They are so misguided that they would rather worry about replacing a probowl league leading QB through week 6 when the team was healthy instead of worrying about the 30th ranked defense in the league. I mean how dense are these people?

With regard to Warner, it's probably worth mentioning his all time playoff stats:

yards: 3,952

TDs: 31

INTs: 14

YPA: 8.6

Rating: 102.8

Team record in playoff games he started: 9-4

Sounds like a first ballot hall-of-famer to me.

Aaron Rogers could have a broken back, two broken legs, and a torn rotator cuff in his throwing shoulder and still win most of his games.

Aaron Rogers could have a broken back, two broken legs, and a torn rotator cuff in his throwing shoulder and still win most of his games.

LOL, BS you can hardly breath with cracked ribs. Fitz was probably on a lot of pain medicine which I'm sure effected his decision making process on the field.

With regard to Warner, it's probably worth mentioning his all time playoff stats:

yards: 3,952

TDs: 31

INTs: 14

YPA: 8.6

Rating: 102.8

Team record in playoff games he started: 9-4

Sounds like a first ballot hall-of-famer to me.

Warner could easily end up in the hall of fame. Unfortunately you are missing my point though. Your cherry picked stats point to some good performances but you forget the warts on his career and there are many. A lot of things and situations had to go right for Warner to have had the success he did. We seem to forget the times when things weren't going right when he was stocking shelves, being replaced by a rookie or just plain stinking up the joint.

To have an accurate view you have to remember the good with the bad. You have to have the vision to see what a guy can do with the right talent around him, the right scheme and the right situation. Even more difficult still is to have the vision to see that there is still value in a QB who doesn't have those things around him or he loses them mid season.