Stevie Johnson

Warren Zevon

You know what makes me sick today - the drop / bad call on the throw to Stevie that would have beat Cinci and the drop yesterday. Hmmm, the Jets and Cinci with losses and the Bills with 2 more wins - oh how the season can turn so quickly. Once again, the what ifs linger throughout another season without playoffs.....

He didn't drop the ball in Cincy. Just clarifying in case anyone thinks it's still questionable.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smith's athletic ability and heads up play got us a touchdown earlier in the game.

Hence the reason why I said he played good.

Seriously though, he tried to bat down the ball to save an INT and it took a freak bounce right into his hands. He is still awkward going up for balls (as is Donald Jones). Dropped a bomb earlier in the game too. Just pointing out what I saw.

I hope that they keep Smith in at the #2. I think he's got a legit shot at nailing down the job for the long term. The guy's got long arms like Burress which really helps out a QB in keeping the ball out of harms way.

Any team with Brad Smith as their #2 is going to be hurting. The comparisons stop w/ Burress after the long arms. No way he ever makes a one-hander like Plax did along the side lines.

Played a GREAT game against Revis but he has to make that catch...

That's why they need to bring it up in contract talks & he should get #2 money not #1 money , 2 big drops that would have won the game one last year one this . He needs to think more about his play than his celebration !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Especially if he expects #1 money --- COME ON MAN !!!!!!!!!!!!

There are about 50 stories about Stevie's idiotic plays yesterday. He should be benched. He cost the team the game.

One Jet said that Stevie's drop of that perfect pass by Fitz was "karma." I agree.

Johnson is not the only idiot on the team, however. What about Nelson running across to the other side of the field to deliver a football to his cheerleader girlfriend? Weren't the Bills getting crushed at the time? That's not team play. That's selfish.

This team needs to focus on each other, not on the cameras. I'm sick of it.

Let's get this straight so don't re-sign him, because he dropped a pass although he Dominated the overall game....

Not comparing his status or star power....just an example: if Lebron James dominated games and put his team in position to win but misses the game winners....you'd not re-sign him?

What I think is funny is how everyone says he dropped two passes that could have won us games, Pitt last year and then yesterday's. Who here really believes that if SJ makes those two catches and the Bills win both games, was that gonna get the Bills into the playoffs? No way!!! People make it out to sound as if the Bills didn't have SJ, they would be a better team and that is hilarious. This team has won a lot more games because of Stevie's play and not lost them.

I've been accused of comparing Johnson to Rice, which I clearly did not, but just to bring Rice up again....read this.

Drops

1 penalty and 1 dropped ball erase an amazing day against the NFL's "best CB". Very unfortunate.

1 dropped ball? The infamous no catch was not his first drop of the day. he also dropped one on the first drive and at least one more before the big one. Steve has bad hands and drops the ball in the clutch. Michael Irvi,n who knows a little about this said that it's not how many balls you catch or how much yardage you get, it's can you catch the big ball in the big game with the game on the line. For Steve, the answer is no. Let him walk. I'm through with him. It's OK to be a hot dog if you can back it up. He can't.

With all the other problems, if Steve doesn't do the dumb EZ thing and catches that ball we win. He cost us the game and keeping us in the playoff hunt.

We need winners.

Let's get this straight so don't re-sign him, because he dropped a pass although he Dominated the overall game....

Not comparing his status or star power....just an example: if Lebron James dominated games and put his team in position to win but misses the game winners....you'd not re-sign him?

I don't think it is rational to not re-sign him. He is a good receiver and the Bills cannot afford to create another hole next year. I would have benched him though to make sure that garbage never happens again. Sit him for a series, a quarter, the rest of the game - whatever. Players have to be held accountable when it hurts the team so the younger guys can learn by example.

1 dropped ball? The infamous no catch was not his first drop of the day. he also dropped one on the first drive and at least one more before the big one. Steve has bad hands and drops the ball in the clutch. Michael Irvi,n who knows a little about this said that it's not how many balls you catch or how much yardage you get, it's can you catch the big ball in the big game with the game on the line. For Steve, the answer is no. Let him walk. I'm through with him. It's OK to be a hot dog if you can back it up. He can't.

With all the other problems, if Steve doesn't do the dumb EZ thing and catches that ball we win. He cost us the game and keeping us in the playoff hunt.

We need winners.

that has to the dumbest thing I read! .... at the end of the day you want guys that put you in position to win! ...and that's what happened..

that has to the dumbest thing I read! .... at the end of the day you want guys that put you in position to win! ...and that's what happened..

That is the dumbest thing I read! We've been in position to win a lot of games over the last 5 years. i want guys that can not only put us in position to win, but guys who can win, not just get us close.

I thought it was entertaining making fun of plaxico and the jets. I don't have a problem with it, it makes me sick when santonio does that stupid plane sh*t and sanchez who's terrible and should never be allowed to celebrate any thing because he didn't do sh*t does it. But that drop was terrible but that wasn't the only problem. How bout Fitzgarbage missing him wide open? and What kicker has anybody ever send have a 4 yard kick off? I mean really regardless of the celebration penalty that would have still happened so you can't blame Stevie for that. He was killing reeves the whole game and that was something that hasn't been done by any elite receiver (except randy smoking him that one time which was beautiful). Stevie is the only exciting player we have (not named Jackson) that gives us character to blame him for this loss is retarded.. I blame the kicker..lol

I mean really regardless of the celebration penalty that would have still happened so you can't blame Stevie for that.

I disagree ReturnoftheBuffaloBeast23. Rain Man was trying to really nail it because he was kicking off from his own 20 BECAUSE OF STEVE JOHNSON'S IDIOTIC PENALTY. The kicker flubbed it yeah, but if he had been kicking off from the 35 and it had been a regular kick, Jets take over on their own 20 instead of our 35. And, we keep the momentum.

I disagree ReturnoftheBuffaloBeast23. Rain Man was trying to really nail it because he was kicking off from his own 20 BECAUSE OF STEVE JOHNSON'S IDIOTIC PENALTY. The kicker flubbed it yeah, but if he had been kicking off from the 35 and it had been a regular kick, Jets take over on their own 20 instead of our 35. And, we keep the momentum.

Stevie should have kicked that ball better... :rolleyes:

Owns him? Pretty sure Revis will take 5-10 yard slants all day long vs. anything downfield. Sorry but I am not impressed with 13 targets, 8 catches, only 75 yards, one TD, a couple of drops and a look at me 15 yard penatly.

Yeah you're right. The drop, which he should have caught would have been the second what 60 yard catch against Revis in two games this year.