Stevie Johnson

Warren Zevon

To be fair, that drop would have gotten the Bills at least within the 5 yard line. Stevie should be criticized for the drop. Any NFL WR should be criticized for a drop like that. But they had three or four more plays afterwards. Johnson was open in the end zone for two of them. Fitz missed the throws. Brad Smith had 1-1 coverage in the end zone and could have come up with that play, albeit it wouldn't have been easy. On the last drive, Johnson didn't help, but he didn't cost them the game.

Nope...too much logic in this post. Away from this board you!

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stevie is not an elite Wr in this league, however he is a solid number 2. He dropped 2 sure td's to win the game, and a third that was close. On the catches that we needed him most, he failed. Elite WR step up and make the play.

He DROPPED A HUGE! Pass!.....but what was the other one?

Is this PTR's other screenname? All Bills fans suck, right?

Just the pulse of the fans who post on these boards. Every time we have a good player "fans" look to cut him down. Than latch onto some nobody scrub because they "hit a 40 year old quarterback" or were "really good in preseason". Like Heels said let Johnson go and watch 29 other teams try to sign the guy. I'm sure it'll be a blast watching Donald Jones run really fast down the field and never catch anything. There are a lot of reasons we lost this game. Was Johnson's mocking of Burress low brow? Yeah it was, but it showed a dislike for a division rival. Raynor's botched kickoff was far more damaging. As was searcy's lapse in coverage. Letting the Jets go 82 yards to even take the lead.... I mean christ hold them to a fg get it to ot. Not with this defense and george edwards as the dc. Instead we leave santonio holmes wide open in the back of the endzone. Again there are plenty of reason's we lost....not just 1

what about all the penalties or the botched kickoff??? did they contribute to the loss

Living in S. FL I rarley get to see the Bills play and hear the commentary, however this game I did. I agree that the penalties were killer and the botched kickoff had an important impact. However, most of those, both the penalties and the botched kick were caused by walk-ons and pratice team players. Stevie is supposed to be a seasoned veteran and he drops important catches, makes a boneheaded penalty which leads to a touchdown because of a boneheaded play by a walk-on, and then drops a tough pass that could have won the game.

When Buress had to make the play he did, when Stevie had to make the play he didn't. Maybe it was karma, but the Bills all suuffered from this idiotic attitude in a playoff impacting game.

He apologized after the drop against the Giants, this time no go. He has to make a lot of plays to erase the image of a clown that he creted today in a game that we could/should have won. His exemplary play was great against Revis, however when it counted he didn't have the mental fortitude to make the plays when it counted. Excuses for his attitude won't cut it here.

By the way Spillers stupid roughing penalty, was also inexcusable. We had a first down due to penalty, but he had to retaliate, causing offsetting penalties. We got lucky on the ensuing plays but then again it was just dumb luck, not smart play from guys who have been around.

To be fair, that drop would have gotten the Bills at least within the 5 yard line. Stevie should be criticized for the drop. Any NFL WR should be criticized for a drop like that. But they had three or four more plays afterwards. Johnson was open in the end zone for two of them. Fitz missed the throws. Brad Smith had 1-1 coverage in the end zone and could have come up with that play, albeit it wouldn't have been easy. On the last drive, Johnson didn't help, but he didn't cost them the game.

Yea, and two more went to Stevie. He dropped them too. If a ball hits you in the hands, you have to catch it, especially when the game is on the line. That is what top Wr do, they make elite plays. Like Plax's one handed grab on third and 11. It was a horrible throw, way high, and behind him...he still made the catch.

Stupid penalty? Yes. Untimely drop? Absolutely. Reason we lost the game? Not even close. Once again, as has been the case all season, our defense failed to answer the call.

There's a difference between not making a play to win a game and making plays to lose the game. Stevie is guilty of the former, our defense is a poster child for the latter.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

Living in S. FL I rarley get to see the Bills play and hear the commentary, however this game I did. I agree that the penalties were killer and the botched kickoff had an important impact. However, most of those, both the penalties and the botched kick were caused by walk-ons and pratice team players. Stevie is supposed to be a seasoned veteran and he drops important catches, makes a boneheaded penalty which leads to a touchdown because of a boneheaded play by a walk-on, and then drops a tough pass that could have won the game.

When Buress had to make the play he did, when Stevie had to make the play he didn't. Maybe it was karma, but the Bills all suuffered from this idiotic attitude in a playoff impacting game.

He apologized after the drop against the Giants, this time no go. He has to make a lot of plays to erase the image of a clown that he creted today in a game that we could/should have won. His exemplary play was great against Revis, however when it counted he didn't have the mental fortitude to make the plays when it counted. Excuses for his attitude won't cut it here.

By the way Spillers stupid roughing penalty, was also inexcusable. We had a first down due to penalty, but he had to retaliate, causing offsetting penalties. We got lucky on the ensuing plays but then again it was just dumb luck, not smart play from guys who have been around.

One, this is Stevie's 2nd year in the league as a full-time player. He's a veteran only compared to all the other players on the field.

Second, that penalty was NOT called on Spiller. It was on #60 - whoever that is.

Everyone in the league celebrates after a TD. It's like white noise now. If Johnson's TD celebration really changed the complexion of the game, then both the Bills and the Jets need to have their heads examined.

Johnson is an excellent receiver and he showed how you can beat Revis in coverage. I only heard the announcers talk about "Revis Island" once or twice. That part of the game's plot line stopped after it became clear that Revis needed help.

Again, it was an untimely drop. The second of a young career, but it doesn't diminish his skill level. I want the Bills to keep him.

Everyone in the league celebrates after a TD. It's like white noise now. If Johnson's TD celebration really changed the complexion of the game, then both the Bills and the Jets need to have their heads examined.

Johnson is an excellent receiver and he showed how you can beat Revis in coverage. I only heard the announcers talk about "Revis Island" once or twice. That part of the game's plot line stopped after it became clear that Revis needed help.

Again, it was an untimely drop. The second of a young career, but it doesn't diminish his skill level. I want the Bills to keep him.

Why keep a player who chokes on the big ones? You just continue to punish yourself?

Two days after Black Friday and one day before Cyber Monday, we now have the tradition of Stevie Sunday.........Each year on this day, God will do Stevie like that and he'll drop a touchdown that would win the game.

This game shows how badly the bills need a red zone wr that makes plays on imperfect passes. On the pass "behind him"I have seen Steve Smith, make that catch every time. Bills need to draft a big hands guy that can adjust. That throw was in the air for 30 yards.

No excuse for the prior drop.

Last try was a heater and might not have been catchable...

Either was bills need a better wr.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Why keep a player who chokes on the big ones? You just continue to punish yourself?

So who replaces him? Another street FA? Another series of high draft picks that we should be using to fix this sh@@ defense?!?

If management creates ANOTHER hole by letting SJ walk, it's just another self-created mess by Bills management.

Maybe we should keep SJ and find a receiver who CAN make the clutch catch. That way we get SJ's production AND the big time plays from an AJ Green/Calvin Johnson player. TEAMS NEED MORE THAN ONE RECEIVER.

So who replaces him? Another street FA? Another series of high draft picks that we should be using to fix this sh@@ defense?!?

If management creates ANOTHER hole by letting SJ walk, it's just another self-created mess by Bills management.

Maybe we should keep SJ and find a receiver who CAN make the clutch catch. That way we get SJ's production AND the big time plays from an AJ Green/Calvin Johnson player. TEAMS NEED MORE THAN ONE RECEIVER.

Right on. Wouldn't be nice to have more than one good wr?

I don't want to cut Stevie, that's ridiculous.

I want Thurman to teach him some class and for him to learn a little humility.

Act like you have been in the end zone before, don't hurt your team with stupid penalties in a season deciding game.

RTB

Puulease. Nobody has EVER owned Derrell Revis until today. Johnson being open in the endzone on one of the last plays and his owning Revis all day more than made up for that bad drop and his celebration penalty.

My take is that the Bills had a major chip on their shoulder because of the Jets' "in your face" showboating in the last game a few weeks ago. Johnson clearly had this "in your face "comeback planned for the Jets. I'm not really that upset about him doing that. I kind of like the "eye for an eye" attitude. The kicker needs to kick the fricken ball. I've never seen a kicker miss the ball before on a kickoff.

This thread is ridiculous. Stevie Johnson played a great game today. I can forgive him his couple of "my bads" today.

Edited by 1billsfan