Kyle Orton Released

GoBills!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If they were going to pay me hundreds of thousands of dollars for 2 months work, I would. Kyle is a FA after this season.

if they claim him on waivers itd be millions, and hed haev no choice.

that said he has no history with martz i believe, which means he would have to learn an all new (and complex) passing offense very quickly to have an impact.

Vaughn McClure of the Chicago Tribune reports that the Bears will attempt to claim Kyle Orton off waivers.

Waiver priority is decided by record, so the 7-3 Bears have to hope a lot of other teams pass. The Chiefs could claim Orton. Even teams like the Colts, Dolphins, or Redskins could try to kick the tires on Orton down the stretch.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/22/report-bears-will-claim-orton/

Vaughn McClure of the Chicago Tribune reports that the Bears will attempt to claim Kyle Orton off waivers.

Waiver priority is decided by record, so the 7-3 Bears have to hope a lot of other teams pass. The Chiefs could claim Orton. Even teams like the Colts, Dolphins, or Redskins could try to kick the tires on Orton down the stretch.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/22/report-bears-will-claim-orton/

Makes sense for the Bears to pick him up. Can't see any other team picking him up. It would take too long for Orton to learn their offense to make a difference.

Makes sense for the Bears to pick him up. Can't see any other team picking him up. It would take too long for Orton to learn their offense to make a difference.

He never even practiced under martz did he? I thought he was shipped out the same year martz showed up.

Probably one of the hardest systems to pick up.

Colts no they get Payton back next year and R in the running for the Luck sweepstakes.

Dolphags no they got Moore who seems to b doing pretty good as of late, but maybe!

Chicago maybe, i am sure he wouldn't want 2 go back ther after they unloaded him to Denver.

KC could be a very good possability

Houston would take him givin the chance and ther team is SWEEEEET pretty much all around, and they r getting A. Johnson back healthy (hopefullly he is on my FF team!)

Buffalo he would make a good back up but would cause a headache with fans screaming to bench Fitz ( I am a Fitz fan and think he is the least of B-lo's problems)

Zona I think is in the same place as B-lo with paying a lot of $ for Kolb who i think( my opinion not the teams) is garbage and has never really proven anything.

Jets shouold take him and hope they dont, cause Dirty isn't very good and if they had a decent QB would have SB team.

N.E. u never know but probably wouldn't get the chance

Oakland is always a possabilty u never know what will come out or in the black hole

Seattle i dont see

Washington might, that could be really possible

Edited by snamsnoops

Unbelievable. The Dolphins would've given the Broncos at least a 3rd round pick for the guy, and now they've cut him and gotten nothing...

Why would the Broncos give up their veteran backup for nothing? Who's their backup now?

Wasn't Elway selling cars for the past 10 years?

Much has been said about Kyle Orton and there are certainly reasons to want to see the Bills stick with Fitzpatrick, but I would love to see a guy like Orton brought in to Buffalo. I think Orton's skills are conducive to the type of Offense Gailey seems to be hell-bent on running and I think he is some way under-rated. And, given the fact that we apparently are NOT drafting a QB in the early rounds, Orton would be a very good intermittent QB over the next five years while we build the rest of this team into Championship caliber and can draft a QB in a few years and allow him to be eased into the Offense. Basically, if this Defense can get improve (and it NEEDS to - GREATLY!!) along with a solid running game, a game managing QB who can make good decisions can drive this team into the playoffs and who knows, maybe a Super Bowl while the rest of the team improves allowing the most important position on the field develop. Just my opinion....

It's a smart move on the part of the Broncos PERFECT TIMING & timing is every thing !!! KC is the most likely candidate I don't think the Bears will take him back even though there QB will be out for a while seeing as they were the ones that let him go to the Broncos , but it will be a good pick up for some one !!

I always thought that Orton was a decent QB just needs time & like most decent QB's if he doesn't have the time he's not as good !!