Nix may be the biggest problem

IronyAbounds

The last two drafts have not yielded much talent. Dareus is a stud, but the 3rd pick would have been tough to mess up. Otherwise, Nix has not brought in much talent at all. Merriman was a terrible mistake. Smith was idiotic. He does get some props for Barnett, but otherwise the Bills are both thin and not terribly talented. There is a reason Nix didn't get a GM job until he hit 70. With the AFC being so mediocre this year the Bills would have had a shot if Nix had done a halfway decent job.

Your a jack ass Nix has forgotten more about football then you think you ever knew about it !! And i'll bet you were one of the biggest bills & Nix fans during the beginning of the year but when the :censored: hits the fan let's see who we can blame when it's pretty

obvious :doh: !!

Look at the IR list jack ass & you'll see why our team hasn't been playing so great of late . Don't forget both Nix & gailey have said that our team isn't very deep & HELLO YA THINK THAT'S SHOWING A BIT .

Go back to your freakin recliner and after you get home from your janitor job tomorrow tell us again how much more you know about our team than a man that's done it for some 30 years !! :wallbash::doh::nana: Then go put your app in & see how far you make it !!!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last two drafts have not yielded much talent. Dareus is a stud, but the 3rd pick would have been tough to mess up. Otherwise, Nix has not brought in much talent at all. Merriman was a terrible mistake. Smith was idiotic. He does get some props for Barnett, but otherwise the Bills are both thin and not terribly talented. There is a reason Nix didn't get a GM job until he hit 70. With the AFC being so mediocre this year the Bills would have had a shot if Nix had done a halfway decent job.

You say the third pick was a no brainier but Mike Williams was 4th, they don't always pan out...

Your a jack ass Nix has forgotten more about football then you think you ever knew about it !! And i'll bet you were one of the biggest bills & Nix fans during the beginning of the year but when the :censored: hits the fan let's see who we can blame when it's pretty

Look at the IR list jack ass & you'll see why our team hasn't been playing so great of late . Don't forget both Nix & gailey have said that our team isn't very deep & HELLO YA THINK THAT'S SHOWING A BIT .

Go back to your freakin recliner and after you get home from your janitor job tomorrow tell us again how much more you know about our team than a man that's done it for some 30 years !! :wallbash::doh::nana: Then go put your app in & see how far you make it !!!

lolololol

dude doesn't like buddy nix so he's a janitor. awesome. A+

I wish Nix would start remembering some of the stuff he forgot.....About injuries - they happen like they happen to the Bills every year for a reason. Because of a lack of talented. Better football players beat up lesser football players. I remember my father making a point of this in 1980, our first good year of my football lifetime. He kept saying that good teams don't get hurt as often, they hurt the other team. We only lost one starter that year.

Buddy is not the problem, After he gutted the mess jouron left, what was left was not much better then an expansion roster. When haelthy this team was on its way to an 9 or ten win season. now they might get 7 or 8 which will mean a 3 or 4 game improvement which is not bad progress

So you're saying that after he gutted the team, there wasn't much left. That sounds like Buddy made a mistake to me. And now after they fell into a 4 - 12 hole, you are pleased that the team may get back to the type of won-lost record that Jauron had each year. You are right, Buddy is not the problem. But he is also not the solution. He is just another cheap hire that is part of the overall problem.

Your a jack ass Nix has forgotten more about football then you think you ever knew about it !!

Probably true...

But...

Spiller over Pierre-Paul...

Troup over Gronkowski...

I wish he had remembered a bit more about Football when he made those two Picks... ;)

So you're saying that after he gutted the team, there wasn't much left. That sounds like Buddy made a mistake to me. And now after they fell into a 4 - 12 hole, you are pleased that the team may get back to the type of won-lost record that Jauron had each year. You are right, Buddy is not the problem. But he is also not the solution. He is just another cheap hire that is part of the overall problem.

to campare this crew to that mess under jouron is way off base. Jouron maxed out with 7 wins. By year 4 Buddy will have this team in position to make many playoff apperances.

he gutted the team because it was a joke a gimmick defense and non exsistant offense .

Probably true...

But...

Spiller over Pierre-Paul...

Troup over Gronkowski...

I wish he had remembered a bit more about Football when he made those two Picks... ;)

can pierre paul play olb,

Merriman may not of been his former self but there is no doubt that our LB core was better with him there.

It's deja vu all over again. The 2010 draft is looking like more of the same old, same old. If people defended Modrak, then they will defend Foghorn Nix. Buddy please upgrade our OL with a 4th, 5th and a 7th rounder because you said it was a priority. Please upgrade our WR corp with more undrafted F/As. Please spend 10 million on a LB who went on IR after stretching in practice and played a few games the next year and then he gets achilles surgery. Now there's a building block for the future.

Once we have linebackers, Dareus will look like a value pick. He is a great player who is on a very untalented defense.

Add a quality left tackle and wide receiver and our offense changes.

We aren't as far as It's being made to be. We need playmakers- we already have the role players and blue collar guys.

After all these years don't you just get the feeling that whoever they draft will end up a bust ?

If they had gotten Newton he'd probably look like Trent. Von Miller would've probably been on IR by the end of September. AJ Green the same.

I hate to say it, but that is exactly what I was thinking.

Once we have linebackers, Dareus will look like a value pick. He is a great player who is on a very untalented defense.

Add a quality left tackle and wide receiver and our offense changes.

We aren't as far as It's being made to be. We need playmakers- we already have the role players and blue collar guys.

I hope you're right, but I was hoping for something close to Ndamukong Suh's rookie year. Newton & Miller are giving their teams that.......I do think he's going to be good. I just hope he's going to be great. I thought the Redskins game was the coming out party, but it hasn't turned out that way yet.

The receivers are a group of sallys that can't get past the jam, then they hear footsteps and drop the ball (if it's not a craptastic throw from fitz, which is becoming the norm).

Yesterday looked like a group of boys playing men. Embarrassing.

Honestly Fitz has had a handful of errant throws, but for the most part he has been on target. Sometimes a bit high or behind, but very few truly uncatchable balls. His completion % is still pretty good. To say his "craptastic" throws are the norm is just not true. Our WRs dropped over 10 balls last week, only a few of which were a bit harder to reel in because of the throw. Both INTs should have been caught, regardless of the velocity of the throw, if it's in your hands you must catch it. It's like our WR are thinking past the catch to the contact and get scared, and if that's the case they could help themselves with better seperation.

And despite what someone said, Fitz wasn't brought in to be our winning QB. He was brought in as a backup, and outplayed the starter and showed he can work well with our team. In only 13 starts last year he had really solid numbers. He's been up and down this year but still has good numbers and has played a big part in our wins this year. He hasn't been hitting the big play recently, but his play is nowhere near the top of our list of what has caused our mega-slide.

Edited by Fitzyflakes67

Lol... Ever see that NFL game experience commercial? I would love to see anyone on this board go across the middle on an NFL Defense. Our receivers aren't sissy's just young. We just don't have a very good offensive and defensive line. BTW Incognito looked pretty good against our Defense yesterday... sure could have used him on our o-line.

So, basically you are saying . . . Its hard to win in the NFL?

Are you sure that's your final answer?

I blame Gailey more then Nix at this point. Staying with Edwards and this garbage hybrid defense just kills this team every week

Gailey is clearly thinking too much on offense and as Ive been saying all year is way too pass happy. How many 3 and outs have we seen the last 3 weeks with 3 straight passes?

where are the 10-15 yard passing routes? every single pass play is within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage

the WR screen hasnt worked all season yet he calls it 2 or 3 times every game

Gailey's refusal to make a change with the defense and inability to adjust on offense are the main reasons this team has sunk

You make some valid points.

I blame them both tho, don't forget Spiller was Gaileys pick all the way. He was talking about a "waterbug" long before the draft and must have had his eye on him for awhile. When Chuck Knox and Bill Polian did their drafting they pulled some immediate starters out of the drat right away.These two guys haven't done that yet. While I can't completely fault Buddy Nix for his first years draft or free agency considering Tom Modrak was still in charge of the scouting dept. But Nix had better get this years draft right.

Gailey hasn't been a mega mind the last few games, the team gets behind and he starts calling nothing but shotgun passing plays like his predecessors used to do.

But then consider what this offensive team consists of...a back up at QB, a back up at RB, unknown receivers. a bunch of cast off rejects on that O line save for 2. a TE no other team wanted to sign. I'd say Gailey did well getting this team 5 wins this year. If they had drafted more for the O line early in the draft the last two years this team wouldn't be going thru the horror shows every Sunday

The defense OTOH has no excuse, a #1 pick at DT and 2 drafts mostly dedicated for the defense AND IS STILL one of the worst teams against the run. That top 5 passing defense under Jauron-Fewell has gone into the toilet and is now just as bad as the run defense, which is kinda crazy when you think of all those DB's that Jauron drafted over his time with the team.

Defense= coaching & player acquisition failures Offense= bad play calls and game plans when the team gets behind

Edited by Fear the Beard

But then consider what this offensive team consists of...a back at QB, a back up at RB, unknown receivers. a bunch of cast off rejects on that O line save for 2. a TE no other team wanted to sign I'd say Gailey did well getting this team 5 wins this year. If they had drafted more for the O line early in the draft the last two years this team wouldn't be going thru the horror shows every Sunday

Hmmmm...."backup QB" (Rodgers), backup RB (James Starks), unknown receiver (James Jones, Jordy Nelson)---I would say that offensive tam is the current SB champ GB Packers.

Anyway, Fitz is not a backup--he's been the starter for 2 seasons and is paid like a starter. In the first third of the season, he was one of the top rated passers in the NFL. Freddie is a "backup RB?"--and the top RB in the League? Interesting point. Stevie Johnson is an "unknown" WR?

The funny part is that when this same crew was winning games and putting up 30 points a game, the same crowd that was claiming everyone was headed to the Pro Bowl (even Bell!!) now says "what's Chan supposed to do with these low/no talent starters on offense?"

I wish Nix would start remembering some of the stuff he forgot.....About injuries - they happen like they happen to the Bills every year for a reason. Because of a lack of talented. Better football players beat up lesser football players. I remember my father making a point of this in 1980, our first good year of my football lifetime. He kept saying that good teams don't get hurt as often, they hurt the other team. We only lost one starter that year.

:worthy: I literally lol'd

The Bills hired 3 new trainers to help with all the injuries that Jauron used to have year after year? Something isn't working or the Bills just seem to be plagued with some horrendous bad luck.

But then consider that the Packers won the SB last year with 6 starters on IR and another bunch out with injuries. The Patriots went to the SB with a ton of injuries also. even the Bills during the Jim Kelly days were so plagued by injuries by the time they got to the SB they had a tough time because so many players were out hurt. I can recall in the AFC Championship game against Denver that the TE Pete M needed to play tackle because all the rest were out injured.

The Bills are devoid of talent and depth because for the last decade they really didn't know a good player from a bad one. look at all the players they let walk who are now are doing well on other teams

It is always nice to know that Leodis Mckelvin will have a nice seat on the bench right next to CJ Spiller usually reserved for Buffalo bills first round draft picks. Those two can take the place of John McCargo and Aaron Maybin :doh: