Nix may be the biggest problem

IronyAbounds

Oh shut up you idiot. What are you, 16? Nix just got here, inheriting 6-7 years of horrible, devastatingly ****ty drafting. The place was a empty house, talent-wise. It was barely an expansion team (but you're either too young or lame to remember those). No team in NFL history has come close to the Super Bowl in 30 years by going crazy in free agency. You do it through the draft and Nix probably drafted 4 starters this year at least (Hairston, Dareus, Williams and Sheppard.. and maybe Searcy).. this will take years to turn around. The AFC is weak but the Bills were bubble boy weak.. Anyone calling for Nix and Gailey to go just stay off the boards .. just go away . This is Buffalo your talking about. The entire staff will be blown up as soon as a new owner shows up, so you will get your wish eventually. Lets just stick with these guys until Ralph passes. No more revolving doors pls on OBD.

I like Gailey long term...I'm not much of a Nix guy...To be perfectly honest he rubs me the wrong way...And I think outside of a no-brainer Pick at #3 overall he's done little to stop the bleeding...Despite his smug, "we know what we're doing" attitude...

But that aside I'm not in favor of canning Nix either...But Edwards MUST go...I've never seen a DC in over his head more than Edwards...And I've been rabidly following this Sport for over 40 years...That guy is the biggest joke of a DC I've ever seen...I'm not kidding about that...He's that bad... B-)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Gailey long term...I'm not much of a Nix guy...To be perfectly honest he rubs me the wrong way...And I think outside of a no-brainer Pick at #3 overall he's done little to stop the bleeding...Despite his smug, "we know what we're doing" attitude...

But that aside I'm not in favor of canning Nix either...But Edwards MUST go...I've never seen a DC in over his head more than Edwards...And I've been rabidly following this Sport for over 40 years...That guy is the biggest joke of a DC I've ever seen...I'm not kidding about that...He's that bad... B-)

Ronnie Jones is to Special Teams Coordinator as George Edwards is to Defensive Coordinator.

Dareus is going to be a great player in this league. Right now he is only factor on the DL and teams are taking him out of the picture. Did you guys really expect him to dominate with no help? They switched his position a couple of games ago, and it looked like a good move until Williams went down. Get Kyle back in there and watch Dareus flourish.

Welcome aboard. I agree with almost everything you said. I don't think we'll be able to tell if spiller is the real deal this year. Teams have figured us out and we haunt changed anything offensively. Injuries to the wrs and OL will only make his job harder.Beason signed an extension, he won't be a FA

Dareus is going to be a great player in this league. Right now he is only factor on the DL and teams are taking him out of the picture. Did you guys really expect him to dominate with no help? They switched his position a couple of games ago, and it looked like a good move until Williams went down. Get Kyle back in there and watch Dareus flourish.

Actually, they switched him after Kyle went out.

I'll start by saying welcome again but i do not agree with you on one thing you said - Rob Johnson was the biggest waste of money this team has ever spent hands down !! I did a post on the all moron team & i don't know how i forgot that guy the only thing that kept him from being thrown in jail was that he didn't bring a gun to his contract signing .

If he would have at least we would have been able to get some kind of satisfaction in knowing that he would have had to go to jail for all the money he stole from the Bills .

Enough of my rambling !! I hope CJ shows us all what he showed in college that made him in the eyes of the draft guru's the best back in that draft , the only thing with that is , is if he does Fred is doomed as far as getting a new contract because then in the Bills eyes he will become more expendable & i for one think he deserves a pay day !!

I just wish Gailey would have used CJ more than kind of running Fred into the ground even though Fred is an animal he could have split it up more & just maybe we wouldn't have lost him for the season & CJ would have gotten more experience up to this point which now with what has happened wouldn't have been as big of a shock to all involved !!

GO BILLS !!!!!!!!!!

<br />I'll start by saying welcome again but i do not agree with you on one thing you said - Rob Johnson was the biggest waste of money this team has ever spent hands down !! I did a post on the all moron team & i don't know how i forgot that guy the only thing that kept him from being thrown in jail was that he didn't bring a gun to his contract signing .<br /><br />  If he would have at least we would have been able to get some kind of satisfaction in knowing that he would have had to go to jail for all the money he stole from the Bills . <br /><br />  Enough of my rambling !! I hope CJ shows us all what he showed in college that made him in the eyes of the draft guru's the best back in that draft , the only thing with that is , is if he does Fred is doomed as far as getting a new contract because then in the Bills eyes he will become more expendable & i for one think he deserves a pay day !!<br /><br />  I just wish Gailey would have used CJ more than kind of running Fred into the ground even though Fred is an animal he could have split it up more & just maybe we wouldn't have lost him for the season & CJ would have gotten more experience up to this point which now with what has happened wouldn't have been as big of a shock to all involved !!<br /><br />    GO BILLS !!!!!!!!!!<br />
well, Johnson had an amazing arm and decent wheels....to bad his brain looked to be fried and he had no balls. He definitely had talent...there's no doubt about that.

I agree. I hope that we land Landry Jones and then the best Pass Rusher available. If brad Smiths contract isn't guaranteed along with Kelsay then I would cut them. Same goes for Thigpen. That is freed up money that we can utilize on free agents that can make an impact. By the way, I'm not given up on Merriman. He finally got that surgery that was 2 years overdue. As for Fred I would not pay him more than 5 million a year if Spiller arrives. We can draft a RB with same qualities as Fred but better burst. Fred purely cannot run that fast. I laugh when he has that opening but always has at least 3 defenders behind him. Didn't Dallas draft their RB late in the 3rd? That boys a beast. Finally - lets push hard for Carolinas Steve Smith.

The key word out of all you said was the defendors were "behind" Fred... Fred IS a natural talent... Don't go writing him off cuz he went to IR... I hate when Bills fans forget who helped get them the wins in the 1st place... Go Fred and Go Bills

Welcome to the board!

1) You had $500K to lose by the time you were 27 years old? Wow.

2) In terms of the style critique you got, take it as constructive criticism (e.g., use para breaks). My personal rule of thumb is not to post more than 4-5 sentences in a single post.

moved to s.fla from montreal canada to open my own high end eyewear business in boca raton... ppl drop big dough here! but everyone is totally nuts.. doubtful ever get married again, i live the life of a king now that im single!

I'll start by saying welcome again but i do not agree with you on one thing you said - Rob Johnson was the biggest waste of money this team has ever spent hands down !! I did a post on the all moron team & i don't know how i forgot that guy the only thing that kept him from being thrown in jail was that he didn't bring a gun to his contract signing .

If he would have at least we would have been able to get some kind of satisfaction in knowing that he would have had to go to jail for all the money he stole from the Bills .

Enough of my rambling !! I hope CJ shows us all what he showed in college that made him in the eyes of the draft guru's the best back in that draft , the only thing with that is , is if he does Fred is doomed as far as getting a new contract because then in the Bills eyes he will become more expendable & i for one think he deserves a pay day !!

I just wish Gailey would have used CJ more than kind of running Fred into the ground even though Fred is an animal he could have split it up more & just maybe we wouldn't have lost him for the season & CJ would have gotten more experience up to this point which now with what has happened wouldn't have been as big of a shock to all involved !!

GO BILLS !!!!!!!!!!

r u kidding? rob johnson had tons of "talent" but ZERO heart and brains.. ive go to 2-3 games a yr, and happen to know quite a few retired players that migrated down south and i ALWAYS talk football with them and they said johnson was the most physcially gifted QB we have had since jimbo.. he was tall, athletic and a cannon for an arm but seemed like the dude was scared to break a nail or get dirty.. u take his body and give him fitz brain u have a pro bowl QB. problem is, it seems more often than not , the lesser talent qb's dont mental skills to win (mcnabb, vick, and even favre for that matter.. all those good teams and only 1 ring..) u put the red practice jersey on RJ in practice and the guy looked like a pro bowler, but in a game situation.. like a 8 yr old girl..

The key word out of all you said was the defendors were "behind" Fred... Fred IS a natural talent... Don't go writing him off cuz he went to IR... I hate when Bills fans forget who helped get them the wins in the 1st place... Go Fred and Go Bills

to play devils advocate... we all know our FO is cheap.. that wont change... u know that, i know that.. Why invest in a 30 yr old RB when u may have his replacement in place... u need 2 rb's to win in this league... and CJ is not the right compliment to jackson.. Cj needs to be on the field to make plays... he needs to be spelled by a bruising type back that can get the tough yards between the tackles like a marion barber type... plenty of guys like that in free agency is filled with veteran rb's that can pick up blitz and spell guys here and there.. IF and thats a big IF spiller can prove to management hes a real asset which he certainly has the "talent".. save the big money u were gonna spend of freddy and give it to Stevie and another top WR... u kill 2 birds with 1 stone... we need WR;s to set up the run and this is a shotgun passed based offense that gailey runs.. lots of draws, screens, swing passes.. this is right up spiller's alley.. this is the right system for him.. as much as i LOVE freddy, the guy is a beast... we are 2 yrs away away from being a contender, by then freddy will have 2 more yrs of bumps and bruises and will be a 32-33 yr old rb... i know he didnt play in nfl for a few yrs, and had to give 11)0% to even get noticed based on his lack of a prior resume of coe, arena league and nfl europe.. granted he didnt get hit by NFL D's but he still got hit by big dudes... Football is still a bizz, and sometimes u have to think down the road a little bit.

this can easily moot point after the next few weeks.. but i have a feeling spiller is gonna show us enough to at least make the front office think twice b4 handing out huge $$ to a 30 yr old back.. no matter how well hes played. the numbers dont lie... how many RB's nowadays have had signicant sucess in their 30's? there arent many. Get us WR's and a D and a little depth on oline cuz when our oline is healthy, its really not that bad... but we lack yr in yr out depth.. guys are gonna go down on oline.. EVERY team has a linemen go down here and there.. how can they not? these guys are killers out there and are smashing heads play in, play out against big boys, and getting their legs rolled up on. a good oline is 7-8 deep... and having ur backups be guys that are versatile.. i remember reading a prior post about losing hangman... he really was a big loss... not levitre fault last week.. the guy has played like all pro this given the situation hes been put in. 3 changes of position. let him go back to where hes a stud at guard! hangman would be a much nicer and cheaper investment that our "splash in free agency.. brad smith... smith can earn a cool million for every catch he has this yr!

Okay, someone sent me a PM saying I was a bit rough on you for my comment, just want to say I'm sorry and welcome to the board. I also hope you find a way to make spaces when you post, I honestly couldn't read it.

Glad

you

apoligized.

Im

sure

he

was

devastated

by

your

lame

comment.