Nix may be the biggest problem

IronyAbounds

The last two drafts have not yielded much talent. Dareus is a stud, but the 3rd pick would have been tough to mess up. Otherwise, Nix has not brought in much talent at all. Merriman was a terrible mistake. Smith was idiotic. He does get some props for Barnett, but otherwise the Bills are both thin and not terribly talented. There is a reason Nix didn't get a GM job until he hit 70. With the AFC being so mediocre this year the Bills would have had a shot if Nix had done a halfway decent job.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I blame Gailey more then Nix at this point. Staying with Edwards and this garbage hybrid defense just kills this team every week

Gailey is clearly thinking too much on offense and as Ive been saying all year is way too pass happy. How many 3 and outs have we seen the last 3 weeks with 3 straight passes?

where are the 10-15 yard passing routes? every single pass play is within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage

the WR screen hasnt worked all season yet he calls it 2 or 3 times every game

Gailey's refusal to make a change with the defense and inability to adjust on offense are the main reasons this team has sunk

Edited by Max997

They inherited a team with one playmaker and traded him. They inherited an undersized 4-3 defense and are switching to a 3-4. It will take a few good drafts. Be glad you got to see some good football at the start of the season.

They inherited a team with one playmaker and traded him. They inherited an undersized 4-3 defense and are switching to a 3-4. It will take a few good drafts. Be glad you got to see some good football at the start of the season.

Yeah, be glad, cause you wont be seeing any more "good football"...well, unless you stop watching the buffalo billies

Yeah, be glad, cause you wont be seeing any more "good football"...well, unless you stop watching the buffalo billies

Not for awhile. I hope we stick with Fitz. He isn't a franchise QB, but he is a very good stopgap QB, while we build a team.

The last two drafts have not yielded much talent. Dareus is a stud, but the 3rd pick would have been tough to mess up. Otherwise, Nix has not brought in much talent at all. Merriman was a terrible mistake. Smith was idiotic. He does get some props for Barnett, but otherwise the Bills are both thin and not terribly talented. There is a reason Nix didn't get a GM job until he hit 70. With the AFC being so mediocre this year the Bills would have had a shot if Nix had done a halfway decent job.

I understand what your saying but I'm not if we just don't have the talent or the coaching. Merriman was a very good deal for the money. When he is in the game he has to accounted for. I am glad we still have him under contract. The defense has not been the same since he has been out. It gone from bad to worse. I agree with the rest of your points. When you look at his long term signings Kelsay, Williams, and Fitpaycheck this is not a core thats going to win games. The coaching is poor offensively and defensively. So good talent will never be developed. The only true talent we have had in years is Fred Jackson and contractually he is being treated like garbage. The jury is still out on this years draft but last years draft was not a quality draft. Carrington has showed potential and thats it.

Dareus has hardly looked like a stud. He's ok, but he's not overpowering at all and I was seeing some lack of effort yesterday.

Dareus has hardly looked like a stud. He's ok, but he's not overpowering at all and I was seeing some lack of effort yesterday.

I agree. He has not been the player I thought the Bills were getting. Granted he has time on his side, and has shown flashes of potential, but he is not this dominating stud some make him out to be, nor is he double teamed constantly as others here like to mention.

I blame Gailey more then Nix at this point. Staying with Edwards and this garbage hybrid defense just kills this team every week

Gailey is clearly thinking too much on offense and as Ive been saying all year is way too pass happy. How many 3 and outs have we seen the last 3 weeks with 3 straight passes?

where are the 10-15 yard passing routes? every single pass play is within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage

the WR screen hasnt worked all season yet he calls it 2 or 3 times every game

Gailey's refusal to make a change with the defense and inability to adjust on offense are the main reasons this team has sunk

The receivers are a group of sallys that can't get past the jam, then they hear footsteps and drop the ball (if it's not a craptastic throw from fitz, which is becoming the norm).

Yesterday looked like a group of boys playing men. Embarrassing.

The receivers are a group of sallys that can't get past the jam, then they hear footsteps and drop the ball (if it's not a craptastic throw from fitz, which is becoming the norm).

Yesterday looked like a group of boys playing men. Embarrassing.

Lol... Ever see that NFL game experience commercial? I would love to see anyone on this board go across the middle on an NFL Defense. Our receivers aren't sissy's just young. We just don't have a very good offensive and defensive line. BTW Incognito looked pretty good against our Defense yesterday... sure could have used him on our o-line.

Edited by fan_in_tx

two drafts in with this defense and actually getting worse not better

I agree. He has not been the player I thought the Bills were getting. Granted he has time on his side, and has shown flashes of potential, but he is not this dominating stud some make him out to be, nor is he double teamed constantly as others here like to mention.

I got criticized for not counting him as a home run by Nix before the season even started. I thought he would be, but I wasn't about to call it a home run before he even played a regular season game.

Nix' first draft looks like it is horrible. That was when I thought we'd start the long climb out of the hole, but it looks like he made the hole deeper.

I was very wrong about Von Miller. I was right about Cam Newton and wanted the Bills to take him if he were there. As for Dareus, I wanted Robert Quinn instead. He has shown promise in his rookie year. Dareus has shown me little this year to get excited about.

Looking back now, as crazy as it sounds, I think the Bills probably should have took Green at that spot. It seems that no matter where the Bills pick is, they just miss out on the player best suited for them. In this case it was both Newton and Miller.

I was very wrong about Von Miller. I was right about Cam Newton and wanted the Bills to take him if he were there. As for Dareus, I wanted Robert Quinn instead. He has shown promise in his rookie year. Dareus has shown me little this year to get excited about.

Looking back now, as crazy as it sounds, I think the Bills probably should have took Green at that spot. It seems that no matter where the Bills pick is, they just miss out on the player best suited for them. In this case it was both Newton and Miller.

Quinn's been a colossal failure so far, not sure what promise you see in Quinn when he barely sees the field. CJ Ah You gets more snaps than Quinn.

Green was a sure fire stud, but the entire fanbase would've revolted, you probably would've been in that group. How could anyone want Quinn over Von Miller, look at the body of work.

Dareus is hitting a wall, but he's been good, he won't be a sack master, that's not his forte.

totally agree. dareus is never going to be a pro-bowl type player, while everyone else drafted around him will be. looks like we should've taken patrick peterson or AJ green instead. especially considering we already have a pro-bowler playing the same position...

Edited by deep2evans

Nix' first draft looks like it is horrible. That was when I thought we'd start the long climb out of the hole, but it looks like he made the hole deeper.

that draft was way too heavy with small school players that were going to take a lot of time to develop no matter what if they ever developed at all

Troup was another awful high round pick that will never amount to anything...thats what happens when you draft for need

Edited by Max997

Quinn's been a colossal failure so far, not sure what promise you see in Quinn when he barely sees the field. CJ Ah You gets more snaps than Quinn.

Green was a sure fire stud, but the entire fanbase would've revolted, you probably would've been in that group. How could anyone want Quinn over Von Miller, look at the body of work.

Dareus is hitting a wall, but he's been good, he won't be a sack master, that's not his forte.

I only saw him in one game and in that one he looked really good, so I'll take your word on him. Has he been hurt or is it that he's just not good enough to see the field?

As for the Miller/Quinn debate, the same could be said about the people who thought Newton was crap while I thought he'd was going to be really good and I wanted the Bills to take him even though I was a huge supporter of Fiztpatrick.

Every fan here is hit or miss on draft prospects. I was wary of Dareus ever being a game changing player and so far it seems of the first four players picked, he was the guy who wasn't that type. Lucky us.

Buddy is not the problem, After he gutted the mess jouron left, what was left was not much better then an expansion roster. When haelthy this team was on its way to an 9 or ten win season. now they might get 7 or 8 which will mean a 3 or 4 game improvement which is not bad progress

You mean like in 2007 when Patrick Willis went 11th overall to SF and we selected Marshawn Lynch with the next pick?