SU Hoops 2011 edition...

The Poojer

Is there a lot on Marshall or do you normally just find a spot on the street?

East Adams St is where you can find a few good lots close to Marshall, and Faegans is a block up towards the dome from there. I usually park in one of those lots but like another poster mentioned it could be pretty crowded for UConn. If you're not parked in one of those lots by 1030 they are likely to be full.

Varsity is a decent pregame spot too, right next to Faegans, if you're looking for pizza/wings type food. But again it gets pretty packed by 11 so you need to be there early.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno, I parked in a lot on East Adams for an afternoon game against Louisville in '10. SU was #1, and the game was sold out. I got there about 15 minutes before tip and parked with no problem.

SU lost. :wallbash:

I found this to usually be the case too for myself.

But for WVA last weekend I got there about 1030 and there were only a few spots left. Maybe there was something else going on that morning but the attendance ended up being over 28k that game so with that in mind I am planning on getting there even earlier for UConn in case it does end up being over 30k.

I miss going to games live--but the last few times I drove up there, it was through horrendous snow storms. I'm sort of done going to WNY in winter; just too dangerous.

That's why I'm glad I live in Syracuse/CNY.

And tonight on the news they mentioned parking at Manley is $12 for tomorrows Georgetown game. I'm guessing UConn will be the same.

Survived that one...Melo & Joseph were huge....CJ sucked ass on offense...not sure why Triche didn't see the court fir the majority if the 2nd half & OT...

Not sure how SU is going to go far in the tourney when they're getting killed like this on the offensive glass. Imagine if they played UNC or Kentucky--they'd get out-rebounded by 50.

Should have won that game by 10 at least. The old Scoop showed up too many times last night. CJ was awful and Dion looked pretty mediocre. Kris Joseph stepped up and that was the difference. Props to Melo for his play as well.

Boeheim wasn't happy about last nights game nor should he be. What happened to Trish? Did Christmas even play? Southerland and Keita were non-factors as well. While the Orange showed some toughness in beating a Hoya team that clearly wanted it more and came to play, they also showed that there's still a lot of work to be done.

Should have won that game by 10 at least. The old Scoop showed up too many times last night. CJ was awful and Dion looked pretty mediocre. Kris Joseph stepped up and that was the difference. Props to Melo for his play as well.

Boeheim wasn't happy about last nights game nor should he be. What happened to Trish? Did Christmas even play? Southerland and Keita were non-factors as well. While the Orange showed some toughness in beating a Hoya team that clearly wanted it more and came to play, they also showed that there's still a lot of work to be done.

1) The shooting woes were systemic. I can't believe so many guys were cold. Even KJo started cold, but thankfully warmed up:

Jardine 1-7

Triche 2-5

Fair 2-10

Waiters 3-12

Southerland 0-1

2) I know why JB doesn't play Christmas and MCW more, but those two guys can rebound, and when you're getting killed on the glass like that, I'd take a chance on MCW over "bad Scoop" and Christmas over an ice-cold Fair.

3) Finally, I don't get why we can't rebound. We have the size to do it. it seems like the only guy that puts any effort into it is Fair-- but it's tough to ask Fair to go in there against the other team's 3 bigs who are hitting the glass hard.

Overall, this was a really disappointing performance.

Basketball can be a funny game. I'm reading lost of KJo love and CJ hate but basically, 1 guy made open shots and the other didn't (Fair had 4 more rebounds). I still want Fair taking the open mid-range jumper because I know he can make it. I mean kudos to KJo but he was due to break out of his shooting slump.

I thought we were lucky G'town missed so many open 3s in the 1st half, though the 2 Clark shots at the end were sorta ridiculous.

IDK what to say about the rebounding. As Boeheim said in the presser we're just not going anywhere with that.

really nice win today....nice to cj find his shot again. scoop was nails. dion is just incredible when he wants to be. melo hitting those jumpers would put this team absolutely over the top. didn't see how melo got into foul trouble, but he needs to relax at times. still not sure why boehiem keeps triche on the bench so much in the second half. nice crowd of 33k+! Now time for a quick turnaround for louisville.

really nice win today....nice to cj find his shot again. scoop was nails. dion is just incredible when he wants to be. melo hitting those jumpers would put this team absolutely over the top. didn't see how melo got into foul trouble, but he needs to relax at times. still not sure why boehiem keeps triche on the bench so much in the second half. nice crowd of 33k+! Now time for a quick turnaround for louisville.

My alma mater has gone from champs to chumps, but they were down by 2 late... and then Cuse hit those two straight treys --- done.

My alma mater has gone from champs to chumps, but they were down by 2 late... and then Cuse hit those two straight treys --- done.

I honestly didn't understand UConn's pre-season top-5 ranking. Losing Kemba Walker, without any other upperclassmen leaders, is impossible to overcome. Lamb (aka Tiger Woods, jr.) is a good player, but he's not a guy like Walker who can carry the team on his back.

UConn seems like it has a lot of young talent; they just need time to grow and mature.

Gave Cuse a great game, until pretty late.

As for Syracuse, they are tough to beat when 2 guys are hot; we had maybe 4 guys hot today (Scoop, Waiters, Fair, and Joseph). Plus, Melo draining 17-footers....uh, okay....

oh my goodness we have a great shot...looks like the shooting slump may have passed. pitino opened his mouth earlier this season which should add some fire. This one could be a laugher for the Orange

So, do we have a shot against Louisville tonight?

They have our number, and I can see Kuric draining 7 3's on us, as usual....

oh my goodness we have a great shot...looks like the shooting slump may have passed. pitino opened his mouth earlier this season which should add some fire. This one could be a laugher for the Orange

I love the optimism, and hope you are right.

It just seems like Pitino knows exactly how to attack our zone. Hopefully we can add some wrinkles.

After watching the game on Sunday, the two guards at the top of the zone (jardine/waiters/triche) are too small and not aggressive enough, which means they are susceptible to getting beat by the 3. I like Cuse's chances though against just about any team, primarily because this team is the deepest Boeheim team I've ever seen.

Horrible game! On a side note those refs have no business reffing big time games....

I think both teams' fans appreciated the crowd's "Jim Burr sucks!" chant.

Horribly officiated game.

I also don't buy this game as a "defensive struggle." A lot of missed lay-ups on both sides; I have no idea how so many lay-ups from both teams rimmed out.

But as No Saint said, it's a win, and I'll take it.

IDK, the 3s we missed were not exactly good, open looks that we just missed like the wvu game; I thought L'ville's D was pretty good. They clearly do not have a backup PG.

The continuation on Fab's and 1 was hilariously bad; IDK what Fair otoh has to do to get a call. A fairly standard Jim Burr game.

Lol @ our Guards being too small.

Ah, don't be too hard on Uconn. When it is all said & done my guess is Uconn is going to get into the tournament. I know they have been losing lately but if you compare their resume to other teams on the bubble they blow most bubble teams right out of the water. I think they have played 11 games against RPI top 100 & an astonishing 9 games against RPI top 50(alot of bubble teams do not have any games against RPI top 50). I also think they are a respectable 5-4 against RPI top 50. The way the schedule shapes up, there is a decent chance they can get to 9-9 in Big East play, which will definately be good enough to get them in against a water downed field. Once they are in my guess is they will be slotted in a dreaded 8-9 game & I will tell you one thing I would not want to be the one seed that has to play Uconn in the 2nd round. That team has 2 lottery picks on the floor.

As far as cuse, another solid win last night. This is Boeheim's best team since his NC team imo. They have a real good chance to do some damage in march. They don't always win pretty, but I think they are really built for a run next month. They are going to be a tough out.

Great commentary about Scoop

This team is the real deal. I think I am overly guarded about them. Melo gets 1 foul and i am screaming to get him out before he fouls out(he never does). I scream at boeheim to get triche in the game in the second half(yet they seem to survive). I scream at Joseph to grow a set and step up and explode(but he doesn't). Here they are 27-1 and they just win....we knew they weren't going to go undefeated, and honestly going with 1 loss is gonna e near impossible, but I think come tourney time this team is gonna have the pieces all in place to go on a 6(?) game run of perhaps epic proportions.

Very nice road win at Rutgers.

Who would have thunk that when the game is on the line, Scoop should be the guy with the ball? He was clutch today.

Great commentary about Scoop

This team is the real deal. I think I am overly guarded about them. Melo gets 1 foul and i am screaming to get him out before he fouls out(he never does). I scream at boeheim to get triche in the game in the second half(yet they seem to survive). I scream at Joseph to grow a set and step up and explode(but he doesn't). Here they are 27-1 and they just win....we knew they weren't going to go undefeated, and honestly going with 1 loss is gonna e near impossible, but I think come tourney time this team is gonna have the pieces all in place to go on a 6(?) game run of perhaps epic proportions.

I'm with you. I really overcriticize the team, when, in fact, they are 27-1.

I think we are literally one variable away from making a title run--Waiters. If Waiters gets his game back, we're in great shape. If Waiters, Triche, and Southerland all break out of their slumps, we're the team to beat (even with the rebounding woes).

It'd be one thing if rebounding was merely a weakness, but 378th aka 2nd worst in D1 in defensive rebounding - that is worse than a weakness. It's hard to believe it won't cost us at some point. Though the nice thing about being a 1seed is you can get to the Elite 8 playing your C+/B- game and from there it's often a "which team shoots better" sort of crapshoot.