SU Hoops 2011 edition...

The Poojer

Anyone else come close to crying when Waiters went down? Yeah he comes off the bench, but he's the best player on the team. We might be deep, but if we lost him Final Four dreams go out the window. So glad to see him come back in.

Good game for the Orangemen, even with their usual ten minutes of mediocre play that lets the other team get back in it. If they ever played a full game all out they would be unstoppable and win by 50.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could hear a pin drop in the Wells Fargo center...(A)Because it was a predominantly SU crowd, and (B)Dion's a philly guy...but then a 'Nova buddy of mine ruined the moment when sent me a text hoping that Dion broke his ankle....

Glad MCW got some good minutes...was thinking he may have been in the dog house or something...

Officiating was horrible on both ends...way too many anticipated calls...Jim Burr & Tim Higgins(reffed the previous game) are way past their 'prime' they are just awful out there

Anyone else come close to crying when Waiters went down? Yeah he comes off the bench, but he's the best player on the team. We might be deep, but if we lost him Final Four dreams go out the window. So glad to see him come back in.

Good game for the Orangemen, even with their usual ten minutes of mediocre play that lets the other team get back in it. If they ever played a full game all out they would be unstoppable and win by 50.

My wife had to call the paramedics to come and resuscitate me.

I thought it was going to be like 2010, when we lost Onuaku, which killed our chances in the tourney.

Nice win. Sloppy again, but its Pitt..20-0 and Boehiem ties Rupp. Double doubles for both Fabrizio and Scoop.

Bring on Notre Dame!

Agreed--i think that's how you have to beat Pitt. Just drag the game out and exchange blows until the bitter end.

Even in a down year, Pitt's bigs are tough. I don't get all the criticism re lack of toughness by Pitt--those guys were fighting down there.

we're bills fans....do you really need to ask that question???? :wallbash:

christmaas and keita need to play out of their minds tonight and southerland needs to be more of an inside presence as well....

is it too much to ask for just one season without drama?

Edited by The Poojer

we're bills fans....do you really need to ask that question???? :wallbash:

christmaas and keita need to play out of their minds tonight and southerland needs to be more of an inside presence as well....

Xmas needs to stay out of foul trouble.

Melo is probably just grades from the sounds of it.

that's the rumor

'Cuse played horribly...rather Notre Dame made them play terrible...couldn't shoot...couldn't rebound...Joseph is so frigging soft...Keita is HORRIBLE....CJ & Dion were absolutely useless today...Scoop Triche & Southerland at least put forth an effort....hello Christmas????????

'Cuse played horribly...rather Notre Dame made them play terrible...couldn't shoot...couldn't rebound...Joseph is so frigging soft...Keita is HORRIBLE....CJ & Dion were absolutely useless today...Scoop Triche & Southerland at least put forth an effort....hello Christmas????????

Agreed.

Also, not buying that we lost because of Melo. We just played a really poor offensive game--shots weren't falling, while ND was banking in 3's.

I will say that of any team knocking us off, I don't mind it being Notre Dame. I like the program and Brey. And to think they're competitive, even having lost Abromitis for the season, is very impressive. Good for them.

Let's bounce back against Cincy!

Slightly off topic, but there is a pair of bodacious taa taas sitting behind the Cincy bench wearing a nice gray V-neck sweater. :blush:

Bodacious taa taas are never off topic.

Da 'Cuse took a few punches in the face to begin the game, with Cinci pulling threes out of their ass, but just when all was looking grim they found their mojo and pulled it out. And they did it with Waiters having no touch and riding the pine for the most part. Christmas got some game working and our big three: Joseph, Scoop, and Trish got it going when we most needed it. The Bearcats are no slouch. Good win.

Da 'Cuse took a few punches in the face to begin the game, with Cinci pulling threes out of their ass, but just when all was looking grim they found their mojo and pulled it out. And they did it with Waiters having no touch and riding the pine for the most part. Christmas got some game working and our big three: Joseph, Scoop, and Trish got it going when we most needed it. The Bearcats are no slouch. Good win.

Cincy is for real. I talked to a Cincy alum over the weekend, and he was warning me about how their guards can out-shoot anyone. This was a real quality win.

Loved seeing KJo get his mojo back too. He's been missing for a while.

he's practicing with the team, which he couldn't(or at least Boeheim would never allow) do if he was in that serious jeopordy...

Vague is an understatement. Does that mean he could not come back at all? Or that he will but it might not be until the end of the reg. season. I think I could live with the latter as we have bigger fish to fry than the Big East this year.

was it a goal tend? i know you can't bat the ball against the backboard on the way to the basket, but this came off the backboard...not sure if it was on its way down, but i imagine if its banking off the backboard from a shot taken below the rim the ball would be travelling upward at that point and not downward....

anyway...a win against a scumbag like huggins is always good....

was it a goal tend? i know you can't bat the ball against the backboard on the way to the basket, but this came off the backboard...not sure if it was on its way down, but i imagine if its banking off the backboard from a shot taken below the rim the ball would be travelling upward at that point and not downward....

anyway...a win against a scumbag like huggins is always good....

I think it was a goaltend if you get it after it hits the backboard; would be different if he blocked it and pinned it to the backboard.

I couldn't care less how we beat those guys. A win is a win.

By the way, has keita regressed? The guy has no hands.

It was a goaltend but so what. I'd rather have the ball in a tie game with 9sec's left than have a 35% chance of losing on a 3 as the clock expires, at least when I'm at home and have the better team. I think Huggins felt the same way which is why they went for 3 in the first place.

Keita has always looked like he's trying to catch an iron. Hopefully Fab is back for the G'town game as rumored.

also, what a horrendous call on christmas at the end, the one that fouled him out....sometimes i don't know how these guys play...refs let them play early in the game then call touch fouls later in the game...consistency is non-existent in the world of officiating....

also, what a horrendous call on christmas at the end, the one that fouled him out....sometimes i don't know how these guys play...refs let them play early in the game then call touch fouls later in the game...consistency is non-existent in the world of officiating....

College refs, much like NHL & NFL refs, are terrible. That said, I'm not going to apologize for a bad call that finally went SU's way.

I did think that the 5th foul called on Xmas was legit, but the 4th was a terrible call.

Headed to the game Saturday vs uconn. It's been about 11 years since I've been up for a game. Is parking at Manley fieldhouse and taking the shuttle the way to go? Anything we should check out pre or post game?

I usually park somewhere around Marshall Street and walk up to the Dome.

Faegan's is always fun before or after games. Or you could grab a late lunch at Dinosaur BBQ

I usually park somewhere around Marshall Street and walk up to the Dome.

Faegan's is always fun before or after games. Or you could grab a late lunch at Dinosaur BBQ

Thanks for the suggestion. I was a youngin' the last time I was up to the dome and wasn't dealing with driving, parking, etc.

Is there a lot on Marshall or do you normally just find a spot on the street?

the game against UCONN should be packed, I bet 30,000+...I would recommend staying away from trying to park near marshall street...I would go with your first suggestion of Manley or Skytop and shuttling over to marshall from there for some pre-game fun....same can be said for Dinosaur....I would bet after the game will be a wait of at least an hour..

No problem. There are a few lots within a block of Marshall. You won't have a problem getting a spot in one of them.