SU Hoops 2011 edition...

The Poojer

watching the SU vs. Manhattan game tonight...crushing them at halftime...the team looks great, boeheim has already used 10 players in the first half....Melo is looking considerably better than last year. Waiters is a beast. Christmas seems like the real deal....gonna be a fun ride this year.... :thumbsup:

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when JB inevitably trims the rotation to 7/8, who will be the odd men out?

Fab Melo

Xmas

Joseph

Scooop

Triche

Waiters

Fair

MCW

Southerland

Keita

Mookie

Cooney

My guess is that Southerland and MCW will lose out on minutes. I see scoop and triche getting all the minutes at the point. Fair is a better all around player than Southerland and Keita will obviously spell Melo and Xmas.

My guess is that Southerland and MCW will lose out on minutes. I see scoop and triche getting all the minutes at the point. Fair is a better all around player than Southerland and Keita will obviously spell Melo and Xmas.

Southerland must have read what I said last night. He has had a great first ten minutes vs UAlbany tonight with 14 points already.

they were a bit sloppy v albany...i guess you can expect that, early season, 3 games in 4 days...really liking the development of melo so far...he looks like a different person out there. This team is going to be something else...they did allow the albany guy to go off for 32 points, but he was a very nice player...be interesting to see when they have 'better' teams to play...i think VT is next tuesday at MSG...good early test...

I saw the Manhattan game, and have seen the box score for Albany.

If Southerland plays like this and MCW plays like he did against Manhattan, this rotation is going to be 10 guys all year.

MCW will get serious minutes; he looks unreal at the top of that zone.

Duke is 3-0...Austin Rivers looks like a freshman for sure, no where near where I thought he would be coming into this season

Luckily, Dawkins and Curry have been playing lights out in the early going, and the Plumlees are doing "the little things" right like boxing out and playing solid defense..

And of course, Coach K is still the man

oh...this was supposed to be about Syracuse? oops

they were a bit sloppy v albany...i guess you can expect that, early season, 3 games in 4 days...really liking the development of melo so far...he looks like a different person out there. This team is going to be something else...they did allow the albany guy to go off for 32 points, but he was a very nice player...be interesting to see when they have 'better' teams to play...i think VT is next tuesday at MSG...good early test...

"There would two guys I thought we needed to defend and we held them to 51 points; so I thought that was good".

:lol: Classic Boeheim.

Cuse is facing a tough test tonight...Tech came to play. What happened to Fab Melo? He is a completely different player this year. Scoop is also playing well. Cuse seems to have uncle mo going into halftime, but it looks like its gonna be a game tonight...GO ORANGE!!!!

Cuse is facing a tough test tonight...Tech came to play. What happened to Fab Melo? He is a completely different player this year. Scoop is also playing well. Cuse seems to have uncle mo going into halftime, but it looks like its gonna be a game tonight...GO ORANGE!!!!

Sounds like you were posting during the first half.

Va Tech had a nice game plan, but once SU started hitting some shots, it was over. Also, the way Va Tech was shooting early (hitting contested jumpers as shot clock expired), I figured they wouldn't be able to keep it up--and they didn't.

On Fab Melo, he has definitely improved. Where he still needs the most improvement is on b-ball instincts. He still makes silly mistakes and his bizarrely overaggressive at times. Hopefully his instincts improve as he gets more PT.

Cuae is having a rough time against quality opponents...but they seem to be able to close them out...i thought Stanford had this game in the bag around the 6 minute mark...but they rose up and won...

Melo is really impressing me...considering where he was last year, he is day and night....

Scoop...playing in control...but common man..hit a free throw....

Joseph is frigging nails in the stretch

Dion Waiters is...well...he's just awesome....

Cuae is having a rough time against quality opponents...but they seem to be able to close them out...i thought Stanford had this game in the bag around the 6 minute mark...but they rose up and won...

Melo is really impressing me...considering where he was last year, he is day and night....

Scoop...playing in control...but common man..hit a free throw....

Joseph is frigging nails in the stretch

Dion Waiters is...well...he's just awesome....

Agreed on almost everything--Fab is really a key contributor.

But re the level of competition, Stanford looked really bad. Cuse played lethargically for about 75% of two games against two non-tourney teams this week. They need to play a lot better.

ive got a buddy of mine (a nova grad) complaining about officiating....he's just jealous that the cream of the remaining crop of the big east lost to UCF and St. Louis today...i told him 1990's and beyond called and want their hat rack back....he's not happy with me......

Agreed on almost everything--Fab is really a key contributor.

But re the level of competition, Stanford looked really bad. Cuse played lethargically for about 75% of two games against two non-tourney teams this week. They need to play a lot better.

ive got a buddy of mine (a nova grad) complaining about officiating....he's just jealous that the cream of the remaining crop of the big east lost to UCF and St. Louis today...i told him 1990's and beyond called and want their hat rack back....he's not happy with me......

haha--nice.

St. Louis must have resurrected the spirit of Larry Hughes!

those 2 individuals and the fact that i know they are the bilikens is about it for me and my SLU knowledge...(actually i think one of howard stern's daughters graduated from there....)

I knew that. With Majerus and Hughes, you've exhausted my knowledge of St. Louis bball.

UCF...I couldn't name you a former coach or player...

those 2 individuals and the fact that i know they are the bilikens is about it for me and my SLU knowledge...(actually i think one of howard stern's daughters graduated from there....)

Howard Stern sent his daughter to a Catholic university??

They are in the Atlantic-10, so I know more about them, since I'm more of a Bona fan than an SU fan (I did go to SU for grad school)........They are good this year and should go to the tournament.

Jack, i think i originally posted in this thread...if you think it warrants a separate thread that works for me...i just didn't want to have too many Cuse threads...

Question for those discussing the case versus the games, I can split this topic, pull all the Bernie Fine posts into it, and create a separate thread for the case. Is that okay with you guys?

Question for those discussing the case versus the games, I can split this topic, pull all the Bernie Fine posts into it, and create a separate thread for the case. Is that okay with you guys?

That would be great. This thread is usually devoted to purely hoops, and has obviously devolved into something else entirely.

I'm thinking about copping some tickets to the Uconn game in February. I can only afford upper level. How is the upper level at the Carrier dome? Anyone with any experience? Unfortunately I have not seen an interactive seating chart online like the bills have.

the beauty of the dome is even if you're seats are way up...you can still hang out behind the curtain and watch the game on the big screen and just enjoy the atmosphere....i suggest you get any ticket to get you into the dome....

I'm thinking about copping some tickets to the Uconn game in February. I can only afford upper level. How is the upper level at the Carrier dome? Anyone with any experience? Unfortunately I have not seen an interactive seating chart online like the bills have.

the beauty of the dome is even if you're seats are way up...you can still hang out behind the curtain and watch the game on the big screen and just enjoy the atmosphere....i suggest you get any ticket to get you into the dome....

Welp, I pulled the trigger. Section 314. Should be a big game.

Good win, thought they looked much better than they did in NY.

Agreed. A little sloppy for stretches, but thought Fair, Triche, and Scoop looked good.

They still need some better flow offensively--too many times they settle for really tough, 1-on-1 shots (which they amazingly make). I'd like to see Joseph post up more, which might help open things up offensively.