eric wood and the oline

b-dynasty

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one that links the Bills recent offensive woes to the fact that we're down to playing 3rd string at LT and 2nd string at LG?

Bingo. Up until 2 games ago we had given up the fewest sacks in the league. Since Levitre has moved to LT, we have scored 11 and 7 points. I am not saying we had the best o-line, but they were playing well. Our offense is all about timing and using 5 wide sets to open up the running game. I was confident that we would back to business at usual once either Bell or Hairston came back. Woods injury may be the straw that broke the camels back.

I believe Chan said Levitre would play center and Hairston LG.

Am I the only one that links the Bills recent offensive woes to the fact that we're down to playing 3rd string at LT and 2nd string at LG?

No! I posted it every hour, on the hour. It's had a domino effect on the offense.

I am hoping that Hairston has the skill set to play LG. That would help.

I don't hope for ANY players to get injured, but I am wondering when, or if it will be any other teams turn to fall off like this?

If Bell or Hairston are OK, Andy should be moved in too center for the rest of the year. He is smart and can handle all the line calls and is a leader. He also has the respect of the QB and Coach and can make suggestions as the game goes along. This would be the smartest move. If Bell or Hairston are not OK than Urbeck until they are OK to play but.... Andy needs to be moved inside to center at some point.

Well, you can add C to our list of longterm needs. Not sure how many leg injuries a guy can endure.

You made an excellent point here Bear. Outstanding centers on championship teams tend to be Iron men. I think Wood is our best lineman but Centers have to stay in the lineup.

Guys like Kent Hull and Alex Webester come to mind. It's not Eric Woods fault some guys are injury prone. An ACL for a big man is a huge problem.