People don't seem to realize.....WE STILL HAVE A GOOD SHOT AT THE

buffalo_bills

Im as dissapointed as any Bills fan of the teams effort the past couple weeks. However, we've seen how good these guys can play. We have a lot of pieces in place: A good QB, a Very good RB, good wr's, a good o-line, good safeties, decent linebackers, decent d-line.....

It just seemed everything went against us these last couple games, but we're still 5-4, as opposed to 1-8 a season ago! We have a winnable game next week against the fins, and i expect our boys to come out firing, and play their best football.

The past couple weeks wasn't nearly as good as this team can be. We've seen it already. When these guys play to their potential, we can beat ANYBODY. I will continue to billieve, and I billieve that this team will make the playoffs.

Just keep the faith....Go BILLS!

Im as dissapointed as any Bills fan of the teams effort the past couple weeks. However, we've seen how good these guys can play. We have a lot of pieces in place: A good QB, a Very good RB, good wr's, a good o-line, good safeties, decent linebackers, decent d-line.....

It just seemed everything went against us these last couple games, but we're still 5-4, as opposed to 1-8 a season ago! We have a winnable game next week against the fins, and i expect our boys to come out firing, and play their best football.

The past couple weeks wasn't nearly as good as this team can be. We've seen it already. When these guys play to their potential, we can beat ANYBODY. I will continue to billieve, and I billieve that this team will make the playoffs.

Yes we are better than last year, but it's obvious that the recent defensive injuries have taken some of our impact players off the field, and we are not the same team without them. We are not playing at the same level as the Pats and Jets, and there are other tough tests over the next 7 games. We may still finish with a winning record, but face it - this is not the same team it was a month ago. We are hurting and don't have a good second string. Even the loss of Lindell reared it's ugly head today. In a dome, Lindell makes a 52 yard kick..

I expected that today. After a very tough loss last week, the Bills were looking to rebound, instead they looked like they had no clue on what to do out there.

Yes, I am glad they are 5-4 and playing better than last year, but they made Dallas look like Green Bay today.

Yes we are better than last year, but it's obvious that the recent defensive injuries have taken some of our impact players off the field, and we are not the same team without them. We are not playing at the same level as the Pats and Jets, and there are other tough tests over the next 7 games. We may still finish with a winning record, but face it - this is not the same team it was a month ago. We are hurting and don't have a good second string. Even the loss of Lindell reared it's ugly head today. In a dome, Lindell makes a 52 yard kick..

I could not have said it any better.

just dont see it, our offense has been exposed and our defense is banged up with little to no depth outside of dareus our defensive draft picks dont look to be panning out at cb, olb/de, ot. we have a legit no 1 wr, no no 2 wr and a legit slot wr. te is streaky. if u key on head like we've just seen he'll get you 100 yds on the ground still but hasnt been able to ignite the rest of the o to wake up. im not sure what the shot of adrenaline's gonna be against good teams to get something more from our short pass/screen pass game. we need some influx of talent at wr, olb and cb and hope that some picks other than dareus start to play better.

this team took some strides this year. we need aaron williams back bad, kyle williams next year and a couple good draft picks. This team seems to be on the up swing and going through some growing pains.

Yessir!

This is not a playoff team as presently constituted. We have some pieces in place, but make no mistake this isn't a playoff caliber team. Injuries didn't help for sure, but the FO has some work to do.

Yeah the team has been exposed, the defense has played the same as the beginning of the season. The difference is, the team was getting 3+ turnovers a game. No turnovers and the defense has no energy in the 4th.

They still need to draft about 4LBs in 2012 plus a 2 CBs and maybe a real WR.

The team is rebuilding and should finish at 8-8 or 9-7 which is a huge stride from 2010.

Its been a fun season minus the last two games.

I'm hoping for 7 more fun games to watch.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Our road to the playoffs is difficult now. Not impossible, not a crazy longshot, but difficult. We need to sweep the Dolphins (7-4), knock off two of three wild card challengers in San Diego, New York and Tennessee (9-5), and shut down Tebow (10-5). Then we get to face New England with something on the line. If the Pats stumble, it's the division. If they don't, it's the playoffs. But that's no easy trek.

Of course our record says we got a shot, its not that we lost the last 2 games, its how we looked losing them. My optimism is gone, this team got caught up in the media attention and they cant handle it. I'm not getting my hopes up anymore , just to watch a gutless performance on the field , this is a poor excuse for a football team and i truly believe Matt Moore to carve us up as well as there defense pounce us because Gailey is afraid to get away from this wonderful "system" he has our offense playing. Another year talking about the draft in late November, pathetic.

The last two weeks exposed just how much the Bills are lacking depth a key positions and how bad their defense really is. Turnovers masked a number of problems early in the season for the D. Bell may be far more important to our o-line than many give him credit for. Levitre was having a monster season inside playing next to him. Having to move him out to tackle has killed the O-line.

Until the Bills find some pass rush and learn to stop the run they will lose some games in an ugly fashion.

Yeah the team has been exposed, the defense has played the same as the beginning of the season. The difference is, the team was getting 3+ turnovers a game. No turnovers and the defense has no energy in the 4th.

They still need to draft about 4LBs in 2012 plus a 2 CBs and maybe a real WR.

The team is rebuilding and should finish at 8-8 or 9-7 which is a huge stride from 2010.

Its been a fun season minus the last two games.

I'm hoping for 7 more fun games to watch.

I agree that minus the past two weeks they have been fun to watch. I was at the Eagles game and they looked like a very good football team. Not sure exactly what has happened to them the past two weeks. They are playing scared on both offense and defense. I also agree they are getting better, just not there yet. I do agree with the people that are calling for Edwards head. He needs to go. Even when they were winning, they couldn't stop anyone unless it was by interception. I will continue to watch the rest of the way and hope for the best, but I am not overly optimistic about winning too many games the rest of the way.

Yup. And we have just as good a shot at drafting luck at this point also. We win only 1-2 more games and lose both against the Phins and were in prime spot for another top 3 pick. If Mannig gets his way and they don't draft Luck we could be good. Just saying.

OP may be just a bit too optimistic. Buff doesn't have "decent linebackers" - they have one LB playing acceptably, Nick Barnett. The others, collectively, are a dumpster fire. Kelsay was mediocre, but of course he gets hurt, which is typical for him.

The offensive line is not "good" anymore. They have done a good job clearing the way for Jackson most of the season, and they pass protected well when Bell was around. Even then, Fitz's low sack numbers were more a function of the offensive system than anything else. With Wood down now, I'd expect the line to regress noticeably.