So where are the Fitz lovers now?

DreReed83

His inaccuracy downfield is a real concern, but with Johnson hurting, Parrish out, and Evans traded, Fitz does not have the big play threats he had last year and defenses are squatting on the short passes.

Only the short sighted feeble minded know nothing about football "fans" are going to go after Fitz......

- Some want his huge contract justified.....as if paying the man is all of a sudden cause him to overcome a defense that cant get off the field, injuries, offensive weapons dropping balls, etc etc

- Some want someone to blame...and since its too much effort to break down and blame the ones actually responsible....its much easier to look to the leader of the team

Go ahead chicken littles.....I hear there is a sale on tar and feathers right now.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you watch the game?

Typical meatball. Give him a legit number 1 receiver, like Calvin Johnson and see what he does. There isn't a WR on this team that is capable of beating a lock down corner outright. The O-line sucked, the receivers sucked, and the defense again sucked.

Wow! It's unreal all the people who come out when the Bills lose. We have been a revolving door for QB's over the last 11 years and we finally get a one who has guts and a fighter attitude and all some of you want to do is talk crud about him. Pathetic! every thread should be about how our D looks like they have no clue how to play together or play at all . We have no pass rush!! Our linebackers cant tackle , and our secondary can't cover an offensive lineman. Go back to basics and learn how to tackle and cover players. our game plan was tossed by the 2nd quarter. I'm one who believes fitz is a good QB for us. :beer:

"guts and a fighter attitude"??? Whoa. Someone's been out drinking with their emoticon.

Edited by #34fan

fitzpatrick should be judged by a higher standard now. a franchise player standard (that's the contract he signed).

fitzpatrick hasn't even come close to the abuse Captain Checkdown had... and at least the bills only were paying Captain Checkdown an average of $460,000 when he was here.

fitzpatrick should be judged by a higher standard now. a franchise player standard (that's the contract he signed).

fitzpatrick hasn't even come close to the abuse Captain Checkdown had... and at least the bills only were paying Captain Checkdown an average of $460,000 when he was here.

So Fitz is all of a sudden supposed to become a better player regardless of the players around him because he is being paid more? Riiiiiigggghhhhht

Exactly. And Edwards played behind a worse offensive line by far, had just as bad of a defense and played for the worst HC the Bills have had in a long time but still he got blamed for all the Bills problems.

I think what has bothered me the most about Fitz as of late, is he zeros in on one receiver per snap. Doesn't go through his reads as much and is throwing these short little slants and out routes. And guess what, the jets and now the cowboys have figured that out. They have done an excellent job of disguising what sort of defense they are going to go with and Fitz can't read it and makes a bad decision.

Does that mean we should criticise the signing? Personally, I would have liked them to wait til the end of the season. But it's something that definitely needs to be worked on. I understand people's frustrations, but to be honest we are doing better than most people had predicted. This is only year 2, let's see if the Bills can figure this thing out.

Edited by Wayne333

I am a Fitz supporter but Ive grown tired of the inconsistencies. Our defense cant stop bird sh*t. I am second guessing the contract. Opposing teams are picking our game plans apart. In turn, the lack of talent shows. If Fitz cant play against the top defenses and win then what do we have?? Every game the Bills have lost has been against better than average defenses.

Your an idiot and dont know sh*t, Fitz is worth it and he is a leader you sure as hell arent right about him, so go root for some other team! oh and F.U.

Fans having blind faith their teams is the reason why so many teams like the Bills are allowed to remain crappy for so many years.

Exactly. And Edwards played behind a worse offensive line by far, had just as bad of a defense and played for the worst HC the Bills have had in a long time but still he got blamed for all the Bills problems.

You guys have short memories. How many times have we seen Fitz curl up in a fetal position when pass rushers are bearing down on him? In other words, Edwards' pet move. Edwards isn't/wasn't half the competitor that Fitz is. That's why we fans back Fitz, while the other guy is M.I.A.

He's had two starts since the contract to show he is a franchise qb, two games the Bills had to win, and he blew them both. He hasn't had a good game since before Cinci, none against strong D's. They signed him too early and we have to live with it.

Three games (one win), but who's counting?

Only the short sighted feeble minded know nothing about football "fans" are going to go after Fitz......

- Some want his huge contract justified.....as if paying the man is all of a sudden cause him to overcome a defense that cant get off the field, injuries, offensive weapons dropping balls, etc etc

- Some want someone to blame...and since its too much effort to break down and blame the ones actually responsible....its much easier to look to the leader of the team

Go ahead chicken littles.....I hear there is a sale on tar and feathers right now.

you've got a lot of balls calling anyone a "chicken little" after a blowout beatdown at home in a division game, followed up by a 44-7 massacre on the road.

i'm not blaming the contract on fitzpatrick. i think he's a capable, solid QB, but has some serious limitations. if you're the baltimore ravens or SF 49ers or the Jets, you GIVE Fitz that long term money because you have other pieces in place (mainly, solid defenses) that can win you ballgames. he's a great game manager. but in buffalo, we're currently a middle of the road team who can't stop a nosebleed on defense. at this point, why blow your load on a good, but not great QB? why not at least see if he can win a big division road game before throwing $60 mil at him?

fitz would be an ideal QB if you had a top 10 defense in place. he has enough game to go out and throw for 250 and 2 TDs on most Sundays, but he has a ceiling. we would've been better suited seeing if we could get that franchise guy in the draft before committing the ridiculous money.

He's had two starts since the contract to show he is a franchise qb, two games the Bills had to win, and he blew them both. He hasn't had a good game since before Cinci, none against strong D's. They signed him too early and we have to live with it.

agreed

I still like what I see in Fitzy. I turned it off after 3 qtrs. But he was doing fine IMHO considering the lack of imaginitive playcalling and no pass protection. That 1st play of the game, Ware unblocked creams Fitzy, are you kidding me?

Edited by Fan in San Diego

I am a Fitz supporter but Ive grown tired of the inconsistencies. Our defense cant stop bird sh*t. I am second guessing the contract. Opposing teams are picking our game plans apart. In turn, the lack of talent shows. If Fitz cant play against the top defenses and win then what do we have?? Every game the Bills have lost has been against better than average defenses.

The offense went into decline last season as well. As defenses countered what the Bills were doing the production declined. Earlier this year, the offense had some explosive quarters and halves of games and point up enough points to come from behind and get some wins. That was coming off the lockout, and now that things are settling down a bit league-wide, defenses have their tape and are effectively taking away what the Bills do best. No surprise there. The Bills need to make a counter move in the chess match.

This offensive line is a joke. But Fitz has been sub-par since the new contract. Now we have two major offseason issues: (1) o-line; (2) D-line/OLB. We need to actually go out and sign a top free agent O line or D-line/OLB. Plus, we need some more receivers. Fitz is ok, but there is nothing around him.

I'm not a Fitz fan, but I think he is our best option (or the only) right now. I think the defense is awful and game after game is getting worse.

Donald Jones is not a #2 receiver, I think D. Nelson is way better. Today SJ looks very diminished.

But Fred Jackson was running the ball very welll but If I remember at the 3rd Q he had just 9 carries In my opinion he should get more carries, I know we had a 21 deficit but he avg 9 ypc

Any way I think G. Edwards must be in the hotseat.

john - do you think the bills should have given fitzpatrick that huge contract now... or should have waited until the season was over?

I am fine with him getting the contract now.....

- He would have costed more after the season...and to the meatballs out there who say no....sit back and think a little more. The NFL is STARVING for even a halfway decent QB and Fitz is better then that.....someone would have made a ridiculous offer and we would be back to square one

- Fitz is a "system" QB....Chan has a system....there is no doubt that they wanted him so no reason not to get it over with and show a committment to winning and the team.

Yep....it was obviously all the QB's fault

you've got a lot of balls calling anyone a "chicken little" after a blowout beatdown at home in a division game, followed up by a 44-7 massacre on the road.

i'm not blaming the contract on fitzpatrick. i think he's a capable, solid QB, but has some serious limitations. if you're the baltimore ravens or SF 49ers or the Jets, you GIVE Fitz that long term money because you have other pieces in place (mainly, solid defenses) that can win you ballgames. he's a great game manager. but in buffalo, we're currently a middle of the road team who can't stop a nosebleed on defense. at this point, why blow your load on a good, but not great QB? why not at least see if he can win a big division road game before throwing $60 mil at him?

fitz would be an ideal QB if you had a top 10 defense in place. he has enough game to go out and throw for 250 and 2 TDs on most Sundays, but he has a ceiling. we would've been better suited seeing if we could get that franchise guy in the draft before committing the ridiculous money.

Yes because drafting QB's is so such a sure thing......

And....our right....if we had a decent defense in place nobody would be blaming Fitz because in all likelyhood his numbers would be much better.

There is nothing wrong with Fitz as a QB.....he just isn't a top 5 QB....and they DIDNT PAY HIM LIKE ONE......he got a contract that was in the 2nd tier of starting QB's and that is where he is at.

What I am saying is....instead of bitching at Fitz and his contract why dont people complain about the real problems?

- A defense that cant stop ANYBODY

- Not having a legit number 2 wideout....and I dont mean Lee Evans...I mean a guy who has speed but will also block down the field and CATCH what is thrown at him

Don't be hiding now. I've been saying that he's not our franchise QB and NEVER WAS. I feel sorry for the people in this forum that actually thought he was good enough to carry this franchise. Way to earn that contract Fitz !!!

So we give Fitz, a career backup QB the big contract but we're going to let a guy like Stevie Johnson walk?

F U Bills front office. F. U.

I know i'm not supposed to feed the trolls around here.....but if Fitz is so bad, then why have you just come out of hiding to declare this during week 10 of the season?????

The team sucked today, and I am pissed off too. Fitz looked like sh*t today, and last week for that matter, but is also a big reason why we have 5 wins this season, + 16 TDS. Every team has film on us, and we have not changed a thing. It worked for the first 7 games, but teams have caught on and we need to change it up.

Fitz is the REASON the defense is on the field so long. He's a three-and-out MACHINE. The guy can't move the chains, and he can't put together a drive. How is a defense NOT supposed to get worn out?

Fitz is the REASON the defense is on the field so long. He's a three-and-out MACHINE. The guy can't move the chains, and he can't put together a drive. How is a defense NOT supposed to get worn out?

And the fact that they don't feed Jackson the ball enough just forces Fitz into throwing more. The Bills win when Jackson touches the ball 20 or more times, not 8-9 times through the 3rd qtr. The guy was averaging like 8 yards per carry and they decide to throw on 2 out of 3 downs. If they controlled the clock better the defense could rest and they could have kept the Dallas offense on the sidelines longer. The play calling is horrendous.

Don't be hiding now. I've been saying that he's not our franchise QB and NEVER WAS. I feel sorry for the people in this forum that actually thought he was good enough to carry this franchise. Way to earn that contract Fitz !!!

So we give Fitz, a career backup QB the big contract but we're going to let a guy like Stevie Johnson walk?

You're a true moron.

And the fact that they don't feed Jackson the ball enough just forces Fitz into throwing more. The Bills win when Jackson touches the ball 20 or more times, not 8-9 times through the 3rd qtr. The guy was averaging like 8 yards per carry and they decide to throw on 2 out of 3 downs. If they controlled the clock better the defense could rest and they could have kept the Dallas offense on the sidelines longer. The play calling is horrendous.

Not to mention Dallas has one of the worst run defenses... The game plan didn't make sense.

Fitzpatrick isn't and never will be a franchise QB. What he is, is a stop gap, who is servicable enough to keep in there, while we build a decent team- something we should have done with any number of QB's we have had over the last decade and a half. He is NOT the problem

haha. this is probably the worst post of the day. Let's take a quick look at how Dallas jumped out to a ligting fast 14-0 lead and then see how much of that had to do with Fitz. Don't worry, this won't take but a minute. Dallas receives the ball and marches down the field like a well oiled machine and passes all over the hopeless Bills. Fitz watches the game from the sidelines. So that must have been all Fitz's fault right? Okay, Bills get the ball and decide not to block or even attempt to block one of the best pass rushers in the game and Ware sacks fit'z for a huge loss and the drive never has a chance. Fitz should have stoned walled Ware and thrown an 80 yard td pass to johnson. Again, Fitz's fault for sure. Bills give the ball back to Dallas and again they make Buffalo look silly and score easily. Fitz's fault again right?

14-0 before the Bills even knew what hit them. Piss poor coaching and a Defense that looks like a bottom feeder. Pathetic!

Fitz is only one aspect of this team that has not performed well and this does not reflect well on the coaching staff. Fitz said after the game that they had a good week of practice. Well that certainly did not translate to production on the field.

Every team has injuries, but why does it seem the Bills have more than other teams. Also, they are one of the worst defenses in the league because they still can't stop the run and still have no pass-rush.

The first series was representative of the game. The O-line let the 'boys come in unblocked. TWICE!

I ma here and support Fitz and pround he is our QB If you took Romo an put a line in front of him with 3 string at LT 2 string at LG an 2 string at center A Number One Reciever who has had the flu for a week now Against that defense He would Suck to. With that being said Our Defence should be ashamed they were even out there. Only a few we playing the rest were horrable. Oh an we have a few guys out there to. I think our team has come a long way. an this is only the begining of something special. I think if your not behind your team, then are you reall a fan of the Bills?

haha. this is probably the worst post of the day. Let's take a quick look at how Dallas jumped out to a ligting fast 14-0 lead and then see how much of that had to do with Fitz. Don't worry, this won't take but a minute. Dallas receives the ball and marches down the field like a well oiled machine and passes all over the hopeless Bills. Fitz watches the game from the sidelines. So that must have been all Fitz's fault right? Okay, Bills get the ball and decide not to block or even attempt to block one of the best pass rushers in the game and Ware sacks fit'z for a huge loss and the drive never has a chance. Fitz should have stoned walled Ware and thrown an 80 yard td pass to johnson. Again, Fitz's fault for sure. Bills give the ball back to Dallas and again they make Buffalo look silly and score easily. Fitz's fault again right?

14-0 before the Bills even knew what hit them. Piss poor coaching and a Defense that looks like a bottom feeder. Pathetic!

Hey, I agree with you on the piss poor coaching part. As far as the D goes, Edwards could be in trouble come Monday morning. Youre also right about Fitz not letting our offense down in his usual fashion. He did it differently this time. Today he simply gave up. I refuse to believe that a starting QB in the NFL, and an "offensive genius" like Chan Gailey, simply forget to plan for a presence as menacing as Ware. That's just negligence. -Or ignorance. Either way, it's a quality you don't want in a leader.

Edited by #34fan

Threads like this are ridiculous. I can't imagine anyone that backed Fitz in the past will have had his or her opinion changed by today's performance. It's nothing we haven't seen before and it's not even particularly alarming considering the circumstances (injuries, gameplan, the Cowboys ran out to a big lead, Fitz' limitations).

We do not have a number one...Stevie is a number two...Nelson can't create seperation every pass has to be put in a shoe box.....Jones is not an NFL reciever....Roosevelt (see jones).....Spiller out of need we put him at WR....Chandler no factor if your physical. It's not Fitz couple bad throws like everyone else but based on the comments from others couple of picks are Jones fault- running the wrong route. We are fine 5-4 Dolphins next

fitz is the new edwards. cant throw deep. defenses know this and stuff the short passes. then he sits there like a statue. Why does he care, hes getting paid. I also think the DC needs to be fired. He was terrible last year, terrible this year. Although again, I think fitz is far from the answer, but he will be there at least the next two seasons.

his receivers are substandard.

I wast thinking about this during the jets game. what is Fitz had the Jets WRs to throw to instead of ours. Plex instead of SJ. Santonio instead of DJ ...

And the Jets OLine instead of ours ...

fitz is the new edwards. cant throw deep. defenses know this and stuff the short passes. then he sits there like a statue. Why does he care, hes getting paid. I also think the DC needs to be fired. He was terrible last year, terrible this year. Although again, I think fitz is far from the answer, but he will be there at least the next two seasons.

I'm not sure if I'm buying this. Fitz threw at least 3 nice long balls today that were flat out dropped. One to SJ, one to Spiller, and several to DJ. Look up in the Buffalo Bills record book who holds the record for longest TD pass.

Looks to me though like the guys are starting to not BILLIEVE so much as they did earlier in the year. Of course injuries have contributed to that.