So where are the Fitz lovers now?

DreReed83

Don't be hiding now. I've been saying that he's not our franchise QB and NEVER WAS. I feel sorry for the people in this forum that actually thought he was good enough to carry this franchise. Way to earn that contract Fitz !!!

So we give Fitz, a career backup QB the big contract but we're going to let a guy like Stevie Johnson walk?

F U Bills front office. F. U.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not what you'd call a huge Fitz fan, but the truth is he played fine for 3 quarters while getting the snot absolutely kicked out of him. Toward the end of the game where you're taking chances (still under duress), what do you expect?

I think his protection was poor today, and his receivers are substandard.

Don't be hiding now. I've been saying that he's not our franchise QB and NEVER WAS. I feel sorry for the people in this forum that actually thought he was good enough to carry this franchise. Way to earn that contract Fitz !!!

So we give Fitz, a career backup QB the big contract but we're going to let a guy like Stevie Johnson walk?

Did you watch the game?

Fitz is fine. Not Brady oranning but middle of the pack or a little better for starters in the league. The playcalljng today was horrible. The execution even worse. Some of the passes were tipped and should have been catches (Donald Jones....ahem!) and they were playing scared and from behind all day. He'll be fine as long as the line doesn't completely get injured (might be too late) and the defense can actually keep the other teams off the field. Fitz had 2 bad games in a row but it's hard to say he's what caused the losses. We didn't force a punt today until the 3rd quarter for christs sake.

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Here come all the I told you so's from the all-knowing DreReed83. Good thing for everyone that he is here to enlighten us all!

I'm here .... we can't cover their wide recievers ... we can't stop the run ... we can't cover a tight end ... we can't stop any 3rd down play ... we can't pressure the QB

and you want to blame Fitz????????

whats up wit dat

Not making excuses but Fitz sucked badly. Maybe he was paid too soon. The offensive line didn't look prepared, it took them two possessions to get into the game. Did they look at any film this week?

The secondary was bad and the 3rd down defense in general was awful. Donald Jones makes me miss Lee Evans. Will no doubt need to draft a speed guy with hands. But all of the above was better than the coaching. I clearly didn't understand the play calling logic.

If a team is defending the screen well then you should stop calling the screen and call something else. We need to develop something other than a short game.

At the beginning of the season I was hoping for 8 or 9 wins not sure we will get there.

Edited by VADC Bills

Doesn't matter how good the qb is, when you have multiple throws that hit the receivers hands that they didn't catch, when Jackson on 2 plays in a row doesn't pick up the blitz, and your down by 21 points almost instantly, that qb is in for a long day. I'm not saying fitz was an angel today, but the fingers should not be soley pointed to him.

It's the defense man...the worse they do, the more pressure it puts on the offense....bad field position for two consecutive weeks, and playing from behind...the offense, and Fitz, are better...but they are not so much better that they can overcome poor defensive performances, and consistently wretched kick/punt returning game. When we all loved this team, just two weeks ago, the defense was getting turnovers, masking the fact that they can't really stop anyone, consistently. Plain and simple, if the Bills defense doesn't get a few turnovers each game, their chances of winning decrease dramatically.

just because our defense blows doesn't mean we can't question whether or not he was worth the $60 mil contract.

if we have an average team (we do), what's the point in giving 6 years to a guy who we KNOW is not a franchise, top 10 type of QB? wouldn't it have made sense to CONFIRM we were a 10-11 win team who could make the playoffs, or win a game on the road, before dishing out that kind of money?

idk, i feel like this is so obvious to me it's ridiculous, but of course i'll give it 6 minutes before i'm destroyed by 10 posters telling me i hate the bills.

This loss wasn't Fitzpatrick's fault. Dallas never had to respect the run since the defense gave up 21 points about a minute after the kickoff.

BTW, that pass to Spiller was a rocket. The Bills need to have him roll out and start throwing it downfield a few times a game.

Relax, Fitzpatrick will be fine.

if we have an average team (we do), what's the point in giving 6 years to a guy who we KNOW is not a franchise, top 10 type of QB? wouldn't it have made sense to CONFIRM we were a 10-11 win team who could make the playoffs, or win a game on the road, before dishing out that kind of money?

Who is "we" and how do you KNOW?

I think Fitz will be okay, but there were a bunch of head scratching plays today by him:

1) Both picks--huh? Who was he throwing to?

2) The near fumble-- he saw the heavy pressure lined up at his blind side pre-snap, and then ignored it when he dropped back.

3) The 4th and 2 to the endzone. That kind of play is his MO. I disagree with Simms--SJ was open on a 5 yard slant on the far left. Why not make the safe throw there?

just because our defense blows doesn't mean we can't question whether or not he was worth the $60 mil contract.

idk, i feel like this is so obvious to me it's ridiculous, but of course i'll give it 6 minutes before i'm destroyed by 10 posters telling me i hate the bills.

Actually he IS worth his contract numbers .... he may not be a franchise QB (I must admit I don't know what that phrase means) ... but he didn't get a franchise contract. His contract numbers are about mid pack, and I think even you would admit he is at least a mid pack QB.

"we" is any normal person who's watched more than 3 football games, and I "KNOW" because I have eyes.

Yup, Peter King isn't a "normal" person, I guess. Or any of the other NFL pundits who applauded the contract.

But, you, being the "normal" guy you are (who has watched at least four football games) knows best and can confidently speak for all of us. Thank you!!!