Bills could go 6-2 in the 2nd half of the season

Jerry Jabber

Bills remaining schedule:

11/13 @ Dallas Cowboys 1:00 pm - Winnable

11/20 @ Miami Dolphins 1:00 pm - Winnable

11/27 @ New York Jets 1:00 pm - After this past sunday's game, I'm going with a Loss here

12/04 Tennessee Titans 1:00 pm - Winnable

12/11 @ San Diego Chargers 4:15 pm - Winnable

12/18 Miami Dolphins 1:00 pm - Winnable

12/24 Denver Broncos 1:00 pm - Winnable

1/01 @ New England Patriots 1:00 pm - Depends if the AFC East is on the line. It's a winnable game, but I would have to go with the Pats since the game is in Foxboro, plus the Pats play better against the Bills in the 2nd meeting of the year.

IMO, the Bills could go 6-2 in the 2nd half of the season. I'll say it again: "Could go 6-2", it doesn't mean I'm expecting it to happen. 6-2 would put the Bills at 11-5. IMO, I wouldn't doubt to see some 10-6 teams this year miss the playoffs, because the AFC is very competitive. Too bad the Bills didn't play in the NFC, the Bills would have been division champs or made it in as a wild card a bunch of times this past decade. Seeing the Seahawks & Rams in the playoffs last year with their lousy records was a joke.

11/27 @ New York Jets 1:00 pm - After this past sunday's game, I'm going with a Loss here

1/01 @ New England Patriots 1:00 pm - Depends if the AFC East is on the line. It's a winnable game, but I would have to go with the Pats since the game is in Foxboro, plus the Pats play better against the Bills in the 2nd meeting of the year.

IMO, the Bills could go 6-2 in the 2nd half of the season. I'll say it again: "Could go 6-2", it doesn't mean I'm expecting it to happen. 6-2 would put the Bills at 11-5. IMO, I wouldn't doubt to see some 10-6 teams this year miss the playoffs, because the AFC is very competitive. Too bad the Bills didn't play in the NFC, the Bills would have been division champs or made it in as a wild card a bunch of times this past decade. Seeing the Seahawks & Rams in the playoffs last year with their lousy records was a joke.

You saw something I didn't see.

The NFC is every bit as good and competitive as the AFC right now if not more so.

You saw something I didn't see.

The NFC is every bit as good and competitive as the AFC right now if not more so.

If he had written that statement regarding this year you would be correct. Instead, your response is horribly misguided because he was talking about the last few years where a sub 500 made the NFC playoffs.

I think they will do well if they go 4-4 on the backside. With a o-line that is make-shift they could have trouble with dallas. Not to mention the d-line without KW is not nearly as strong. Now with Kelsay in bad shape and no SM on the other side the olb group is pretty soft. To be 6-2 the offense is going to have to step up huge.

Winnable and winning are two different things. I like our chances against the fins and the broncos which gives us three wins, but I see the rest as toss ups or, when it comes to NE and the Jets, more like 60-40 against. 4-5 wins is about what I am expecting but with a little luck, good or bad, we could easily do better....or worse, than that. The offense is starting to struggle against good defenses who now have plenty of film to figure out what Chan has been doing with his smoke and mirrors. Our already weak defense is likely to stay that way with Kyle Williams being gone for the season. And now we have a free agent, teamless PK'er we might have to count on for a few games. However it works out, the bottom line is that this team is relevant again and worth watching every Sunday so I am just going to sit back, hope for the best and enjoy the ride.

I don't exactly feel your optimism although I hope you are right. They have lost 3 of the last 5 games, and were extremely fortunate to have that 3-0 start. This is an average team now and with the mounting KEY injuries on both sides of the ball, .500 ball the rest of the way seems about right to me.

The offense will need to pick it up again like the beginning of the season for the team to have any hope at the playoffs.

If he had written that statement regarding this year you would be correct. Instead, your response is horribly misguided because he was talking about the last few years where a sub 500 made the NFC playoffs.

Similarly, your response is unbelievably inaccurate because in past seasons the Bills sucked and wouldn't have competed for an NFC playoff spot anyway. Yes, this year's Bills team would have won the NFC West if they were transported back in time and somehow participated in the NFC West last season. That's something to hang your hat on.

If the Bills hope to make the playoffs they will need to beat the Jets - a tall order given how the Jets just manhandled them. Oddly, the Pats are looking very beatable right now.

I think the Bills did more damage to themselves than the Jests did to them.

The game in NY will be different.

I know we played bad last week, but it's so discouraging to see everyone immediately thinking the glass is half empty. It's like everyone forgot about our shutout the week prior, granted it's the Redskins, but people act like we've been getting dominated. Were halfway through the season and there's obviously a lot of tape on how we play offense, but that goes for everyone. Teams know how to slow down Brady but that doesn't mean they all will. You'd think we've been getting totally shot down by some responses here, when apart from 1 game we've scored between 20-30 points and had good offensive numbers. Are people expecting we score every drive of the game?

I just think people need perspective. Look at most playoff caliber teams week to week and their numbers mostly aren't better then ours, even in victory...they just have defenses that can aid them. There are so many examples of good teams having games like we did, for instance; Ravens dominated the Jets then lost to the Jags. The Steelers - playoff caliber team - lost twice to the Ravens, yet they highly outplayed NE. The Bears got handled by the Lions, but now they're getting tons of praise for a few wins. All of these teams are good yet they've had bad games like we just did. That is the nature of the NFL. Last year the Jets got destroyed by the Pats, yet came back and beat them in the playoffs. All I'm getting at is we should at least give it a few more games before we declare the end of the world.

And remember, despite our lesser play, we lost two games by 3 we could have won if one or two plays went different. Only once have we not been in it, and even that didn't start until turnovers in the 3rd quarter.

Edited by Fitzyflakes67

Every remaining game is winnable. All Buffalo has to do is coach and play like its a playoff game. Every game is a MUST win from here on out.

They have lost 3 of the last 5 games, and were extremely fortunate to have that 3-0 start

Fortunate ??? To come from behind 2 weeks in a row by 18 or more points is fortunate?

My advice

Put the crack pipe down and step away from the table.

Every remaining game is winnable. All Buffalo has to do is coach and play like its a playoff game. Every game is a MUST win from here on out.

Fortunate ??? To come from behind 2 weeks in a row by 18 or more points is fortunate?

My advice

Put the crack pipe down and step away from the table.

Lol crack pipe?? They made great plays to win those games but how can you say they were not fortunate????? The ball that Fitz threw at the end of the Oakland game and the call they got late in the NE game?

You flat out make my point completely - they were down 18-21 points in both games. The fact that they won means they are fortunate since you can't expect to win those games all the time. They were terrible early in both games. Yes they made plays to pull the games out but caught some huge breaks too.

They could have easily started 1-2. What we have seen the past 5 weeks is an average team. Missing starting players on both sides of the ball and their best defensive player is out for the season.

Edited by kobe808lak

Sorry, I meant to say two sub-par teams (Rams & Seahawks) battled it out for a playoff spot. A lot of the years this past decade, we've seen teams from the NFC with weak records make it into the playoffs, while there have been teams in the AFC that went 11-5 & 10-6 and have missed the playoffs.

We could also go 0-8.

With how badly we played against the Jets, at home, in one of the biggest games in recent memory... I'm not counting any game as a victory until the game is over and we have more points than our opponents. As far as I'm concerned, once you throw a stinker like that up, the season starts from scratch. We'll see if this team can rebound, or if it was simply the beginning of a downward spiral.

We could also go 0-8.

With how badly we played against the Jets, at home, in one of the biggest games in recent memory... I'm not counting any game as a victory until the game is over and we have more points than our opponents. As far as I'm concerned, once you throw a stinker like that up, the season starts from scratch. We'll see if this team can rebound, or if it was simply the beginning of a downward spiral.

I feel as though the Dallas game is the turning point. Either the downward spiral begins if they lose, or the Bills are relevant for at least the next few games if they win. Dallas is pretty much "average" in this parity league, so beating an average team on the road is a big test. I believe it will be a close game, and a few lucky bounces or ref calls could make all the difference. In other words, it will be like most of the games the Bills have been playing for the last year or so.

9-7 as I've said in other threads. They lose, for sure @ NYJ, Dallas and SD (as outlined in ogther threads, they lose about 1 in 4 west coast road games). That's 6 losses right there. The NE game is likely a loss (they lost thier first home game in 21 last week and are basically unbeatable at home).

9-7 at best. Book it.

Wow how are so many so down on this team already? If this team has shown us anything, it is that they will show up and compete with everyone. Yes they got smacked around pretty good by the Jets, but it was 3 -0 at halftime and a couple of bad calls gave the Jet 14 pts. I know people are disappointed but I know Chan will make adjustments and this team WILL play better in 3 weeks. Point I'm trying to make is this is not your 2008 squad. They will be competitivein EVERY game. That makes every game winnable and every game is loseable. This is the NFL after all. The reality is that Bills are as good as anyone in the AFC, and will be in the hunt for the playoffs right down to the wire. I know they have flaws but what te in the AFC doesn't ? I think 11-5 will get you into the playoffs in the AFC and 10-6 might. I don't believ 9-7 will. It's the mid point of the season and in the AFC there are really only 6 teams battling for 4 spots. The Bills have jus as good of a chance as 3 other teams at securing a playoff berth. The Bills are relevant again folks. Why can't you enjoy it?

it's pointless to look ahead but we all do it counting the wins. It's a long long season you never knows who's hot-cold, hurt, playing well, slumping etc.

People its year 2 of a 3 year build we are not suppose to be here, we have no depth for injuries.

Edited by CardinalScotts

Wow how are so many so down on this team already? If this team has shown us anything, it is that they will show up and compete with everyone. Yes they got smacked around pretty good by the Jets, but it was 3 -0 at halftime and a couple of bad calls gave the Jet 14 pts. I know people are disappointed but I know Chan will make adjustments and this team WILL play better in 3 weeks. Point I'm trying to make is this is not your 2008 squad. They will be competitivein EVERY game. That makes every game winnable and every game is loseable. This is the NFL after all. The reality is that Bills are as good as anyone in the AFC, and will be in the hunt for the playoffs right down to the wire. I know they have flaws but what te in the AFC doesn't ? I think 11-5 will get you into the playoffs in the AFC and 10-6 might. I don't believ 9-7 will. It's the mid point of the season and in the AFC there are really only 6 teams battling for 4 spots. The Bills have jus as good of a chance as 3 other teams at securing a playoff berth. The Bills are relevant again folks. Why can't you enjoy it?

CT, seriously, I am not trying to be sarcastic, but what about now?

I wish this thread would go away. :cry: Painful to see it after having such high hopes after Washington.

If we don't beat Miami, it's over. We would have a chance if we were in the AFC West, but since we're in the AFC East, we have to destroy, not just beat, Miami.

One more week of hope, fellas.