NFL flexes 12/4 Pats/Colts game out of 8:00 pm time slot

Thurmal34

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2011/11/patriots-colts.html?p1=News_links

No news yet on which game will be flexed in to that spot, but it would be sweet if it was our game as I have tix! :)

I think the more likely candidate is Detroit @ New Orleans or Atlanta @ Houston (both 1pm Fox)

However, if they are looking to move a CBS game to replace it, then the Bengals @ Pitt or Titans v. Bills would seem to be the best options, so maybe.

Do they have the ability to pick any game? Cause Bengals/Steelers, GB/NYG and Lions/Saints are all that week as well.

I don't think they can take the GB/NYG game because that is the marque late game of the Fox double header.

Do they have the ability to pick any game? Cause Bengals/Steelers, GB/NYG and Lions/Saints are all that week as well.

As of now, I'd bet any of those games would be picked ahead of Bills-Titans. Those are all possible playoff matchups.

I think there's also a rule that a team cannot play more than 6 games outside of a 1pm or 4pm sunday start. Some games might seem like better matchups, but it also depends on how many night games certain teams have already played.

I would love to see a night game..there's always a little more buzz. Take that how you may...

Edited by QB Bills

I think there's also a rule that a team cannot play more than 6 games outside of a 1pm or 4pm sunday start. Some games might seem like better matchups, but it also depends on how many night games certain teams have already played.

I would love to see a night game..there's always a little more buzz. Take that how you may...

Last time we played the Titans at night ....it was a Sunday and Rob Johnson was sucking it up pretty good then......he got hurt!!! WOooo Hooo...in came the Pillsbury Doughboy (Alex Van Pelt) who led the team to its first score and then another to win the game in the dying moments

I was at that game with my wife RevNJoisy.

Great fun!

If they are taking out the Patriots vs the Colts, they won't be replacing it with Bills vs Titans, unless the Titans and Bills are both close to clinching playoff spots. There are too many better matchups that week that could be moved and would probably mean more

And besides, the self-proclaimed greatest fans in the universe haven't even sold out this game when they are still in the playoff hunt and tied for first and are complaining that the team is giving a discount of 12% for a package deal of all december home games.

I don't know why anyone wants Buffalo to play in prime time games, when was the last time one of those games ever ended well for Buffalo?

Last time we played the Titans at night ....it was a Sunday and Rob Johnson was sucking it up pretty good then......he got hurt!!! WOooo Hooo...in came the Pillsbury Doughboy (Alex Van Pelt) who led the team to its first score and then another to win the game in the dying moments

Great fun!

I remember that game, it was the revenge game from the playoffs year before (refuse to call it what it has been named)

i actually took the Bills in my suicide pool...didnt last much longer after that though

The way I see it:

Great slate of games for that particular weekend. I think the obvious game for FOX to protect is the NYG/GB game, thus leaving the Saints/Lions and Falcons/Texans left open for NBC's plucking, should they so choose. Both pretty solid. As for CBS, not sure which game they would choose to protect, but they have a couple of good candidates. Bengals/Steelers is a potentially great matchup, but as a previous poster pointed out, the Steelers are pushing the max on primetime appearances. And, let's not overlook NYJ/WSH, as I could easily see that as being a Nantz/Simms game -- maybe a darkhorse for CBS to protect since you're talking about two mega media markets.

As long as the Bills or Titans don't completely fall off the playoff map, I could definitely see that game getting flexed. Though, if I were NBC, I'd be gunning for that Saints/Lions game if I could.

Prob Bengals v. Steelers if that would be for the division win. The other games are good as well.

Edited by RyanC883

id guess saints lions would be top pick - i dont think either are against the wall (saints had GB opener, indy, and have mnf against NYG and ATL so they still have a slot and have been HUGE for ratings the last few years). both teams should still be in good playoff races.

cincy would depend on if the networks believe they can keep winning - regardless pittsburgh is huge for ratings.

GB vs NYG would likely be protected but is the biggest market vs the superbowl champ, possibly still undefeated.

i cant imagine buffalo and nashville being markets or teams they flex. both teams COULD drop a couple games leaving it a meaningless game for small markets.

Great fun!

Sounds like you started tailgating early. Johnson threw a TD pass & Doughboy came in when it was 13-13 and a slant to Moulds set up the GW FG.

Edited by BuffOrange

If they bump and AFC game wouldn't another AFC game fill the spot?

all of these matchups look to be more "important" Buff/Tenn. It both teams go on a win streak then the appearance of "importance" would increase.

Unfortunatley the JETS game is the decider which is the week before.

I'm happy with 1 PM games