Was Chan Out Coached Or......

NastyMan

I know this may sound dumb so rip away, but was Chan really out coached or setting up the next game? Chan always says the season is long. So think about it. Yes I am sure he would have loved to win but watching the game it was called different then any other game this year. We tried things that I haven't seen all year long. Very few screens to FJ which is our bread and butter. Maybe Chan thought because we are at home and the crowd and all that was going for us would have been enough to pull off a win. I am really interested to see what kind of game he calls in 3 weeks. I think the Bills will have a chance to win also if they can weather the storm in NJ, the Jets will come out over confident and will want to put up a lot of points and close the game out early. I still believe in the Bills and Chan.

he was definitely out coached hardcore. i personally think hes been looking forward to the Cowboys game that he just forgot he had a game to coach yesterday. i recall him mentioning the cowboys last week. he really wants to beat the cowboys this weekend.

if this team wants to sniff the playoffs they need to win the next 3 games.

Personally, I think Gailey got caught, worrying that his team wasn't good enough to beat the Jets, so he kind of abandoned the things that have made this team successful this year. He kind of psyched himself out...I am very confident that the Bills give the Jets a much better effort in New Jersey.

I also happen to think that poor field position may have limited Gailey's intended play calling on Sunday.

Edited by Buftex

He certainly didn't leave things in the bag for next week because this week would be easy. This was easily the most important game he's coached in buffalo thus far. It was must win. This win was waaaaay more important than Dallas, an NFC opponent.

We just lost a full game, and possibly a bevy of tie breakers

he was definitely out coached hardcore. i personally think hes been looking forward to the Cowboys game that he just forgot he had a game to coach yesterday. i recall him mentioning the cowboys last week. he really wants to beat the cowboys this weekend.

if this team wants to sniff the playoffs they need to win the next 3 games.

Man that is a pretty absurd comment regarding the next three games.

I know this may sound dumb so rip away, but was Chan really out coached or setting up the next game? Chan always says the season is long. So think about it. Yes I am sure he would have loved to win but watching the game it was called different then any other game this year. We tried things that I haven't seen all year long. Very few screens to FJ which is our bread and butter. Maybe Chan thought because we are at home and the crowd and all that was going for us would have been enough to pull off a win. I am really interested to see what kind of game he calls in 3 weeks. I think the Bills will have a chance to win also if they can weather the storm in NJ, the Jets will come out over confident and will want to put up a lot of points and close the game out early. I still believe in the Bills and Chan.

Chan is not going to take a game against the Jets, or any other team in the AFC East, lightly or count on crowd noise winning a game.

The Bills started the season with many posters talking about their concerns with the offensive line, questionable starters and very thin depth wise. Well, the Bills have their LG playing LT because the two starting tackles are out with injuries, not exactly the best situation to face one of the top division rivals.

The defense was without their only pro bowler in Kyle Williams and their only decent pass rusher in Chris Kelsay, not to mention Merriman on IR again. Not making excuses here, but even with everyone healthy that is a tough game to win.

Still look what the bye week did for Buffalo against Washington, it did for the Jets what it did for Buffalo.

However, Gailey needs to find other options the just Fred Jackson if they are keying on him, and stopping the quick short passes by Fitz. Gailey drafted Spiller and boldly stated he will make the line block better, I'd just like to see the guy more involved in the running game when Fred is being shut down. The Bills are paying Brad Smith 4 mill a year to return kicks? Jeez, utilize the guy more with screens, end around's, reverses etc. I just don't get why Spiller and Smith go invisible in games like this.

You know I was thinking the same way for a little bit myself when I was watching the game. They play twice but the difference is you want to win all games. The Bills played flat and were out played and I believe out coached. Both sides of the line were just manhandled so I do not think Chan just overlooked the game. I also think he got away from the screens as the jets played so close to the line. They couldn't throw it deep as Fitz would have been killed. This puts all theories to rest on if he didn't plan for the jets. It happens and the Bills were just out played and out coached. At least it wasn't a blow out.

Chan and the entire coaching staff was clearly out coached. After reviewing the tape, I don't think the Jets, to a team, are 18 points superior to the Bills. However, when you have a game plan (Bills) that is counteracted for the majority of the game by the other team and their play calling (Jets), you will lose and lose badly. Not taking anything away form the Jets because they would have beaten any team on Sunday. The Jets play calling for most of the game on both offense and defense was close to perfect. That doesn't happen to often to a team led by Chan.

I am very confident that the rematch will be a different story in 3 weeks. Not to say the Bills will go in to NY and win. But the game will be much more competitive, a much tighter see saw battle.

the Bills got out hustled, and outplayed, coaching had very little to do with it. The Jests secondary is by far the leagues best, and our receivers did not get enough separation when they needed to. Mix in a weakened offensive line, and protection was compromised, holes were no longer there for Freddie, and the defense couldn't stop Mark Sanchez from driving down the field at will on the other side of the ball.

Sorry, but I completely disagree that this had anything to do with being out-coached, in fact I think it was all the coaching staff could do to keep the game as close as it was.

Out-coached on defense I can completely agree with, I think Edwards is not quite ready to lead a defense every week.

You are joking correct? That is the ultimate excuse for being out coached, out played and just plain getting a butt whooping.

JMO, Chan tried to gameplan for the Jets. The Bills are successful when Chan makes the other team try to plan for us. He coached scared because its the Jets. I wonder why he didn't do so against the Patriots? Maybe because he was able to key in on true weaknesses in the Pats' D that he couldn't find in the Jets...?

Chan looked like Jauron against the Jets. Epic failure to adopt to the Jets defense. A stubborn refusal to sub Spiller in for Donald Jones. A lack of touches for Jackson. This terrible offensive play is on him. The defense was sub-par as usual, but that's to be expected.

You know I was thinking the same way for a little bit myself when I was watching the game. They play twice but the difference is you want to win all games. The Bills played flat and were out played and I believe out coached. Both sides of the line were just manhandled so I do not think Chan just overlooked the game. I also think he got away from the screens as the jets played so close to the line. They couldn't throw it deep as Fitz would have been killed. This puts all theories to rest on if he didn't plan for the jets. It happens and the Bills were just out played and out coached. At least it wasn't a blow out.

They also couldn't throw it deep because they lack a deep threat, which Spiller could have provided. But oops, Gailey sat him on the bench because slow foot Donald Jones has "size." He's a good red zone option, but put Spiller in until then. Look what the Steelers have done with Antonio Brown. His athletic ability has allowed them to move the ball up and down the field and open up room in the running game, etc. The Bills needed to stretch the field, they didn't. Game over.

I also believe in him, and this team--for the first time in a long time.

But to answer the OPs question, uh, no. You don't not focus on a game, against a tough division rival, that can help solidify a playoff berth, to focus on a game against a lesser NFC opponent.

Totally outcoached.

Jets are a very talented team chan was not out coached. They have 2 pro-bowl caliber WR, pro-bowl center and Tackle, 2 pro-bowls corners allowing them to put 7 in the box. They are good enough to win a Superbowl. They have been to the AFC championship the past 2 years and this is the same team if not better with experience. I hate the jets but you have to respect they are talented.

Put me in the camp that says that the Bills just got blown off the ball on the field. Chan could have put in a different gameplan, that wasnt going to change the fact that the Jets secondary was airtight and they were able to then stack the line. They had the Bills' number on Sunday.

I thought that the Bills got outplayed more than outcoached.

Right now, I do not have the stomach to watch it again to confirm one way or another.

I do think that Chan was pretty classy to volunteer to be the fall guy.