Lindell busted up; Rayner signed

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills today announced that they have signed kicker Dave Rayner. The free agent journeyman kicker has played on 10 different teams including the Bills (Indianapolis, Dallas, Kansas City, Detroit, Green Bay, Miami, San Diego, Washington, and Oakland).

Ever since Rayner was drafted in the 6th round by the Colts, he has been unable to stick on a team, and this is evident by his constant release and inability to make an opening day roster. He has a 73.3 career field goal percentage and currently in the NFL this is not going to cut it.

Dave Rayner's Golden Opportunity

Edited by Sniper

i don't care at all.

never really liked lindell, never felt confident when he came out for kicks longer than 35 yards. also, he cant kick it out of the back of the endzone.

call me crazy, but any player that was around during the last 10 years that was a major contributor that gets released/injured, i get kind of excited to see what their replacement can do.

now, if johnson, jackson, or fitz went on IR? i'd be planning some hikes and ski trips with my wife on sundays.

Lindell will be out 4-6 weeks, personally I would not carry him on the active roster, I'd bring up Kamar Aiken or Michael Jasper.

I agree here..I would IR him as well. We might miss him as stated, but that does not mean he can play for the next 6 weeks...

Wonder how ole Jasper is doing these days.anyone know if he is playing OL or DL? Seem to remember at end of camp they said he was going to OL???? Sure as hell was not doing much on the DL in the preseason

Edited by plenzmd1

Because he's been the kicker for two years, and knows all the trick plays and schemes when needed. Lots of planning goes into s. teams, so now we will be stuck with a kicker who won't be able to execute any of the nonstandard plays the Bills have set up.

This is more important than you think.

please be ok!!!

I think people might appreciate Lindell a bit more after Rayner kicks for the Bills the next several weeks.

Half the comments on here degrading Lindell are idiotic. He has the highest percentage of made field goals in the history of Bills kickers. Thye complain that he can't kick it out of the end zone when the Bills deliberately kick it high and short to the corner to make the return men take it out, and this season following this strategy they have tackled the return man inside the 20 repeatedly.

The guy thy are replacing him with has made only 73% of his field goals in his career, these fans want the Bills to put Lindell on IR? I just hope we don't get in situations depending on this guy to win games for us.

Half the comments on here degrading Lindell are idiotic. He has the highest percentage of made field goals in the history of Bills kickers. Thye complain that he can't kick it out of the end zone when the Bills deliberately kick it high and short to the corner to make the return men take it out, and this season following this strategy they have tackled the return man inside the 20 repeatedly.

The guy thy are replacing him with has made only 73% of his field goals in his career, these fans want the Bills to put Lindell on IR? I just hope we don't get in situations depending on this guy to win games for us.

This isn't about Putting Lindell on IR because he sucks it's about putting Lindell on IR because he's going to be out of at least half the remaining games and more likely 3/4ths of remaining games- The question to me is there anyone on the practice squad who can come up and help the team- Donald Jones didn't look particularly effective to me and I've liked what little I saw of Aiken.

Lindell should immediatly be put on IR, but Merriman and willams sposts should be held because maybe at some point this season, those guys could come back at 70% +/-

Merriman and Williams are both on IR so I'm not getting your point - also there would be a difference if this happened to Lindell early in the season.