Lindell busted up; Rayner signed

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moorman is fine for KOs. He handled them early in his career. His one KO this game was fine & I defy any ANY kicker to have as an effective onsides as he did (I was very surprised by that; I doubt it's something he practices much.)

However, I think we do need to sign a FG kicker if for no other reason than Moorman is our regular holder as well. (Though I suppose if you're using a new kicker, ~75% of the reason to retain the old/regular holder is gone.)

Moorman is fine for KOs. He handled them early in his career. His one KO this game was fine & I defy any ANY kicker to have as an effective onsides as he did (I was very surprised by that; I doubt it's something he practices much.)

However, I think we do need to sign a FG kicker if for no other reason than Moorman is our regular holder as well. (Though I suppose if you're using a new kicker, ~75% of the reason to retain the old/regular holder is gone.)

Moorman's onside kick was nice, too. I think he can handle KO duties just fine. Don't want him lining up for a game-tying/winning FG, though.

GO BILLS!!!

He is a kicker, and the injury seems to be to his hand.

last time I checked, a place kicker didn't really need to use his hands much. Put a nice cast on the hand and send him out on the field!

They said on the broadcast that Lindell hurt his shoulder. Has that been confirmed? I can see how a hurt shoulder could effect a kicker's ability.

GO BILLS!!!

He is a kicker, and the injury seems to be to his hand.

last time I checked, a place kicker didn't really need to use his hands much.

It's his shoulder. & particularly if it's his left shoulder, it can have a pronounced effect on his mechanics.

How about replacing him with someone who can actually kick the ball far enough to get some touch-backs. Then, when he comes back from injury, he can just kick field goals.

Lindell has a strong leg. The Bills like to kick deep and to the corner of the endzone and tackle the returner before the 20 yd line.