Spiller

for him to step up!!!!!!

It is far from a secret to regulars here how I felt about this draft selection. Well, the jets are a very physical team that plays a sophisticated defense. They are a hard team to overpower, and they will be blitzing.

I can't think of a better opportunity for Spiller to run between the tackles and past blitzing linebackers (who are very good). We used a #9 on him. 24 games into his career, I would like to see some real dividends. If Spiller and yes Smith can confuse the jets defense, we can put the rest of what we do into effect and win this football game.

The jets are good but I don't think that they can win a shootout with us at home. C'mon CJ, prove me wrong! Take over a football game and win it for the Buffalo Bills and us fans!!!!!

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont see bills having confidence in puttin the game in spillers hands however. they seem pretty fixated freddie. Given the relative performance can you blame them?

I am not calling for them to abandon FJ. My thing is that the jets will be coming at us, and Spiller has enough speed to rush past blitzing lbs and take it to the house.

Ryan will be a bit desperate and put his defense on the full attack mode. Think about it.....NE should have no problems with the Giants at home. If we win this football game the jets will be hurting in the division, or so it would appear.

We need to pull out the stops and beat this team at home. FJ will get his carries and passes. He IS too good to sit, you are correct. That said, for the first time since he was drafted I am feeling like Spiller should really be put to the test.

Just a hunch.

I'd like to see CJ Spiller have a "coming out" party this Sunday vs the Jets. I'd say he is about due for something special! Get this kid involved in the offense early and often.

Lets get Fred Jackson involved in the offense early and often. :thumbsup:

I'd like to see CJ Spiller have a "coming out" party this Sunday vs the Jets. I'd say he is about due for something special! Get this kid involved in the offense early and often.

As Chan Gailey says, "there's only one ball." Trying to get CJ more touches right now means less touches for FredEx, who as we all know, "delivers".

Why would we want to do that?

I do think that Jones will not be 100% back yet - I think there has been talk he will be back so that the Jets will have to split up their prep between the plays Jones was featured on before his injury, and the plays Spiller and Jackson have been running as wideouts. We will still see Spiller splitting out as a WR.

Patience will pay dividends for Spiller, the guy simply is talented, and looks like he is running stronger and downhill when he gets some touches, but right now you run Freddie, he is simply on fire. It actually cracks me up when people disrespect the guy, it's completely baseless. He hasn't been the featured back for the Bills offense yet due to the amazing play of the guy in front of him right now. Any criticism against his contributions in the running game is pointless.

As Chan Gailey says, "there's only one ball." Trying to get CJ more touches right now means less touches for FredEx, who as we all know, "delivers".

I do think that Jones will not be 100% back yet - I think there has been talk he will be back so that the Jets will have to split up their prep between the plays Jones was featured on before his injury, and the plays Spiller and Jackson have been running as wideouts. We will still see Spiller splitting out as a WR.

This.

If the team is winning, it's awfully hard to take issue with how individual players are being used. These are not jauron-quality wins the bills are racking up here; they are legit, especially where offensive production is concerned. Bills fans have to realize that one Fred jackson and a whole lot of good role players who contribute to the victory is a pretty great situation. Do you think pats fans were complaining about individual player contributions when the team was at its peak? That offense had a couple elite stars at QB/WR, good production from a GROUP of backs, and other fill ins that did their job well. It's a lot harder to get beat when every weapon is above average. I know we expect greatness from a #9 pick but if all CJ does is contribute where assigned to a winning effort, I am happy. Lose, and sure, then let's analyze who was underutilized.

Do you think pats fans were complaining about individual player contributions when the team was at its peak?

Heh. The Pats fans I know ....actually did a lot of whining about individual player contributions, Bill Belicheck, the team overall, the defense....even when the team was at its peak.

In general, Pats fans are highly spoiled.

Could care less when--yes, it's a when, not an if--he has his breakout day. Freddie is on fire. Our entire offense is. If he gets 100 yards, great. If he gets 10, I don't care, as long as we beat the Jets.

People are kind of complaining about the lack of production from Brad Smith and CJ Spiller. There's only so much ball that go around. Right now, Jackson and Johnson are working.

I agree that right now Jackson is a much better runner the CJ. But if i know that so does Rex. He is going to try and clog the running lanes big time. Bills are going to have to use short crossing patterns and slants to move back the Lbs and thus let Fred get going. CJ and Fred in the game at the same time would be great to see.

If CJ could catch a pas in stride over the middle, i would love to see him in a footrace.

I am soooooooo tempted to start Spiller in FF this week instead of Michael Bush or Mario Manningham. I would for sure, but ESPNs projections for both of those guys are really high this week. I don't always adhere to the projections, but in the case of Spiller I fear letting my emotions outweigh the smarter choice. I'm already starting Jackson, Johnson and Lindell. Jeackson has totally carried my FF team this year, but I also fear that he is due for a let down this week. Jets #1 goal will be to stop FredEx. Chan needs to have a plan for CJ, and CJ needs to show something this week.

Edited by Stranger in a Strange Land

Heh. The Pats fans I know ....actually did a lot of whining about individual player contributions, Bill Belicheck, the team overall, the defense....even when the team was at its peak.

In general, Pats fans are highly spoiled.

Fair 'nuff. That does not surprise, in that I think the average NFL fan of any team is probably not all that with it and is quick to complain. But if you look at a lot of the teams that succeed, they do so because their individual contributions add up to something larger. This is not a stars' league, except for at QB, where I think you really can make the claim that a QB leads his team to the championship. Otherwise, it's a league where effective depth and strength across the board makes a bigger difference than any one player.