Spiller

Why does this thread pop up every week?

i'll tell you why. because he was a first round pick. he's a great athlete. one of the fastest guys on the field. has the potential to be a star. and unfortunately he's playing behind one of the best running backs in the league right now. and the good fans want to see there talented player have a breakout game. i guess that basically sums it up.

go spiller. go bills.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's idiotic when people say that. Spiller is averaging 7.1 ypc. He simply doesn't get enough touches because FJax has become Marshall Faulk (and isn't a douche like MF).

While he hasn't broken out, Spiller has made some key plays this season. I think he has tons of talent. But does anyone want to take the ball out of Freddie's hands at this point?

It feels great having both of those guys on this team. CJ is having an extremely high example of excellence being set before him. The future of the Bills run game looks bright.

It feels great having both of those guys on this team. CJ is having an extremely high example of excellence being set before him. The future of the Bills run game looks bright.

just have to hope they can hold onto him that long. freddie's not going anywhere for a few years. it's a ladanian tomlison/michael turner thing.

It's idiotic when people say that. Spiller is averaging 7.1 ypc. He simply doesn't get enough touches because FJax has become Marshall Faulk (and isn't a douche like MF).

While he hasn't broken out, Spiller has made some key plays this season. I think he has tons of talent. But does anyone want to take the ball out of Freddie's hands at this point?

While I don't necessarily want to take the ball out of Freddie's hands... I kind of do. I'm worried about him hitting a wall from being used more than he has ever been.

Edited by bizell

Fred should get lots of touches and that makes Spiller's chances to run from scrimmage less.

I too am looking for the day that Spiller becomes a play maker. Maybe this week as a receiver that Revis or Cromartie are not covering. Chan has to find a way to utilize this guy.

Huh??

What is EA?

Who is Kelso's kid?

What is little loop?

Are you comparing Spiller to a 9 year old?

East Aurora is EA - next to OP outside B-LO

Mark Kelso's kid - Mark Kelso - old enough to remember him?

Little Loop is Pop Warner Football

Yes - I am comparing him to a 9-10 year old - Kelso's kid at that age knew how to read blocking patterns, see plays developing and he (he was always the RB) would following his blocker and understand where the holes WOULD develop in the next second. Spiller doesn't have that - FJ does. Spiller just wants to blast off - FJ studied tapes of Kelso :doh:

i'll tell you why. because he was a first round pick. he's a great athlete. one of the fastest guys on the field. has the potential to be a star. and unfortunately he's playing behind one of the best running backs in the league right now. and the good fans want to see there talented player have a breakout game. i guess that basically sums it up.

go spiller. go bills.

Those are all reasons we should keep the ball with Freddo. Spiller is all those things you mention, yet has not produced. Fred on the other hand is an UFA from a no-name school and he is lighting it up. That's the guy I'm rooting for.

I wish the best for Spiller but Freddo is the Man right now, and we are playing a tough opponent Sunday in a game that could determine whether we end up in the playoffs. Feed Fred!

for him to step up!!!!!!

It is far from a secret to regulars here how I felt about this draft selection. Well, the jets are a very physical team that plays a sophisticated defense. They are a hard team to overpower, and they will be blitzing.

I can't think of a better opportunity for Spiller to run between the tackles and past blitzing linebackers (who are very good). We used a #9 on him. 24 games into his career, I would like to see some real dividends. If Spiller and yes Smith can confuse the jets defense, we can put the rest of what we do into effect and win this football game.

The jets are good but I don't think that they can win a shootout with us at home. C'mon CJ, prove me wrong! Take over a football game and win it for the Buffalo Bills and us fans!!!!!

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If Losman and Evans could burn Revis, Fitz and Spiller can too methinks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sxkXH6gZ08

If Losman and Evans could burn Revis, Fitz and Spiller can too methinks

youtube.com/watch?v=4sxkXH6gZ08

I like your optimism!

Spiller, as we all know was a #9 selection as a running back. Fans, because of this, are way more patient with him than they are with Smith, who picks up drive sustaining first downs week after week.

As you may know, I never expected much from Spiller. NOW is the time for him to prove that he is more than a marginal gadget player. I want to praise him in my weekly "Thoughts" for taking over and winning this perhaps monumental game for the Buffalo Bills football team. This game is a golden opportunity for him to show us what he has imo.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for him to step up!!!!!!

It is far from a secret to regulars here how I felt about this draft selection. Well, the jets are a very physical team that plays a sophisticated defense. They are a hard team to overpower, and they will be blitzing.

I can't think of a better opportunity for Spiller to run between the tackles and past blitzing linebackers (who are very good). We used a #9 on him. 24 games into his career, I would like to see some real dividends. If Spiller and yes Smith can confuse the jets defense, we can put the rest of what we do into effect and win this football game.

The jets are good but I don't think that they can win a shootout with us at home. C'mon CJ, prove me wrong! Take over a football game and win it for the Buffalo Bills and us fans!!!!!

Good strategy: "I can't think of a better opportunity for Spiller to run between the tackles and past blitzing linebackers"

Wrong personnel: let's try Fred Jackson? :rolleyes:

Good article. I like Shaun Ellis a lot and thought he wa under appreciated there because he wasn't a show boater. He came up big and was their best defender in the playoff win at NE last season. Thomas was also a known quantity and their sack leader last year. A real pair of core defenders that aren't easily replaceable. Wilkerson can make some plays but at this point certainly lacks Ellis every down consistency. And maybin replacing Thomas? Puh-leaze.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Fred is just as fast or faster than Spiller with regard to game speed.

He hits the hole stronger, and he definitely pass protects better. (Against a blitzing team this is huge)

If we are going to do a two back set, I would rather have Corey the FB in the there any day of the week, and you bet that Fitz and Freddy would agree. Chan obviously does.

So do you want Spiller involved because he was a high draft pick and you feel cheated or do you really think he's better than a situational WR at this point?

Also, I disagree with your assessment that the Jets have strong linebackers. They are weak at LB. Read the Jets boards, it's a real concern of theirs. Bart Scott is playing on reputation from 5 years ago when he was a stud, and Harris and Co aren't that good. OLB is the same way.

They were desperate enough to put Maybin on the field, that should be telling you something. Maybe I'm wrong, but we'll see Sunday. The Jets are average against the run at best, we're gonna score mid 20's on them.

Fred is just as fast or faster than Spiller with regard to game speed.

He hits the hole stronger, and he definitely pass protects better. (Against a blitzing team this is huge)

If we are going to do a two back set, I would rather have Corey the FB in the there any day of the week, and you bet that Fitz and Freddy would agree. Chan obviously does.

What he said.

Giving your high draft pick a chance to develop is not a good reason to risk losing a must-win divisional game.

If you really want to boost Spiller, put him in at Miami so Freddo can rest up to play the Jets in NJ.

for him to step up!!!!!!

I think it would be nice for the Bills if the story of this game was about the emergence of someone like Spiller as opposed to the emergence of Maybin.

The Jets are loving the fact that Aaron Maybin making a few plays draws all the attention from their ultra-bust draft choice Vernon Gholston.

It's important for them to prove they can get something for nothing as they are essentially a team built around first round picks and expensive and/or high profile trade acquisitions.

The Bills are the exact opposite. They boast a roster full of hidden gems and freebies and that earns them somewhat of a darling status and a respect with the media that the attention hungry Jets wish they had.

Granted, the Bills success with players like Fitzpatrick, Fred Jackson, George Wilson, Stevie Johnson etc. etc. etc. is actually a bit more of a product of having a roster full of "opportunity" for the past 5-6 years than it is an ultra-keen eye for talent by Buddy Nix. But to the media, it's like an overnight success.

What the Bills need is production from their prime picks. Dareus has been solid from day 1 and has proven he can be dominate a lesser player across from him. But otherwise they haven't gotten much from early picks. Would be great if guys like Spiller, Troupe, Carrington, Williams and Sheppard start making their mark as more than part-time bodies and become impact players.

How is a 2nd year player playing behind maybe the best all-around rb in the league a bust? We draft spliier to be explosive so so if he becomes explosive at wr ...so be it....btw: 51 yard pi call this past Sunday that set up an scoring opportunity...also the ball was under thrown....and cj had his man beat.....

It's not CJ's fault that he's behind Jackson, but in 21 career games, Spiller is averaging 5 touches per. Teams can and do involve 2 backs into their offense, but the HC and his staff have seen fit to not use him as often as one would expect. I'm sure Gailey has a reason for this, but if there's a time to use him, I would hope it happens soon.

for him to step up!!!!!!

Look for him to catch some short passes in the jets game.