Spiller

I think it would be nice for the Bills if the story of this game was about the emergence of someone like Spiller as opposed to the emergence of Maybin.

The Jets are loving the fact that Aaron Maybin making a few plays draws all the attention from their ultra-bust draft choice Vernon Gholston.

It's important for them to prove they can get something for nothing as they are essentially a team built around first round picks and expensive and/or high profile trade acquisitions.

The Bills are the exact opposite. They boast a roster full of hidden gems and freebies and that earns them somewhat of a darling status and a respect with the media that the attention hungry Jets wish they had.

Granted, the Bills success with players like Fitzpatrick, Fred Jackson, George Wilson, Stevie Johnson etc. etc. etc. is actually a bit more of a product of having a roster full of "opportunity" for the past 5-6 years than it is an ultra-keen eye for talent by Buddy Nix. But to the media, it's like an overnight success.

What the Bills need is production from their prime picks. Dareus has been solid from day 1 and has proven he can be dominate a lesser player across from him. But otherwise they haven't gotten much from early picks. Would be great if guys like Spiller, Troupe, Carrington, Williams and Sheppard start making their mark as more than part-time bodies and become impact players.

Great post as usual. :thumbsup:

Let's hope that Nix goes right back to Bama next April. I am hoping that Upshaw, Hightower, N. Johnson and company steal the show tonight.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would be nice for the Bills if the story of this game was about the emergence of someone like Spiller as opposed to the emergence of Maybin.

The Jets are loving the fact that Aaron Maybin making a few plays draws all the attention from their ultra-bust draft choice Vernon Gholston.

It's important for them to prove they can get something for nothing as they are essentially a team built around first round picks and expensive and/or high profile trade acquisitions.

The Bills are the exact opposite. They boast a roster full of hidden gems and freebies and that earns them somewhat of a darling status and a respect with the media that the attention hungry Jets wish they had.

Granted, the Bills success with players like Fitzpatrick, Fred Jackson, George Wilson, Stevie Johnson etc. etc. etc. is actually a bit more of a product of having a roster full of "opportunity" for the past 5-6 years than it is an ultra-keen eye for talent by Buddy Nix. But to the media, it's like an overnight success.

What the Bills need is production from their prime picks. Dareus has been solid from day 1 and has proven he can be dominate a lesser player across from him. But otherwise they haven't gotten much from early picks. Would be great if guys like Spiller, Troupe, Carrington, Williams and Sheppard start making their mark as more than part-time bodies and become impact players.

I am perfectly happy to watch our high draft picks sit on the bench, as long as we keep winning with the UFAs and hand-my-down players.