Jets game and smack talk

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the Jets starting Guard Matt Slauson (when asked about the Jets position in the AFC East):

"The Pats lost, the Bills are about to lose and then we've got the Pats."

Wow, that is bad? They better watch out, now I am pissed!

You sound like a jets fan. No one cares who you love or think is cool.

No one cares that you think no one cares who someone loves or thinks is cool either?

Yes, but what have I said that is exactly annoying?

Read it and weep.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/07/17/making-the-grade-centers-2008-2010/

Actually I must say you are a decent poster even though you root for a despicable team :)

As I said in another thread, Mangold vs Dareus will be fascinating. Looking beyond the smack talk, I have no way of predicting who will win that battle. Dareus is really coming on, whereas Mangold is good and a vet. How much the Jets score and how the Bills play D will be determined by this battle. (BTW, promise me that if Dareus dominates Mangold, you won't use the 'lingering injury' excuse).

I think we have a better chance of limiting the Jets' scoring than we have of putting up lots of points.

Apart from the on-field discussion - This should be the game of the week though I shudder to think it being televised nationally. The Bills typically haven't been doing well in such games

When I was a kid I used to think everything happened because of preparations. Like if you weren't ready to get slugged in the head and then I smacked you with a wrench, are you really going to blame me? You weren't ready.

Now I'm older and I realize that sometimes things just happen and nobody gets the credit or the blame. The one thing that is just happening this year that is funny is that a guy that your team dumped is now like one of the best sacks artists ins football. Aaron Maybin is becoming an NFL sensational and you guys must be eating your hearts out. I think that is funny but it isn't really your fault.

Some things just happens. I mean some people might think that because Rex is a defensive genius that Maybin got better. Some people might think that Maybin just didn't look good in Buffalo because he had too much pressure being a #1 and he was basically trying to do everything that the other 10 guys on the field couldn't do. Some people might say the Bills defensive coaching is like sewer system. That means crappy. Another guess is that Maybin is just someone that thrives in the big city and got depressed in a small town. All of these thing are true but I think it is just happening and not because of that stuff.

Now that the season is in full swing and the Jets is on a winning streak it will be cool to see how they do after a week off and preparing the D for your offense which is doing ok. I think you will beat the Skins if Fitzsimmons isn't too preoccupied worried about the Mayhem next week. Good luck in Toronto.

P.S. J-E-T-S Jets JEts JETS.

hahaha. illiteracy makes me giggle. (that means you aren't so good at reading and writing)

I referenced Mangold stopping Suh as a way to say, most likely he'll stop Dareus. His injury should be fully healed at this point. And you would probably take Suh over Dareus at this point (unbiased).

Profootballfocus.com has Marcell Dareus rated as the #3 NT/DT in the league. Suh is rated #35. So unbiased Dareus is better. Keep grasping at straws.

Actually I must say you are a decent poster even though you root for a despicable team :)

As I said in another thread, Mangold vs Dareus will be fascinating. Looking beyond the smack talk, I have no way of predicting who will win that battle. Dareus is really coming on, whereas Mangold is good and a vet. How much the Jets score and how the Bills play D will be determined by this battle. (BTW, promise me that if Dareus dominates Mangold, you won't use the 'lingering injury' excuse).

I think we have a better chance of limiting the Jets' scoring than we have of putting up lots of points.

Apart from the on-field discussion - This should be the game of the week though I shudder to think it being televised nationally. The Bills typically haven't been doing well in such games

Not to worry; didn't you see FOX proudly proclaiming the Giants at NE* as "America's Game of the Week" during the Bills broadcast?

Not to worry; didn't you see FOX proudly proclaiming the Giants at NE* as "America's Game of the Week" during the Bills broadcast?

Well, then we have hope. I think CBS still has Jets @ Bills as the featured game. Oh well, now that we got the no-win@Toronto monkey off our backs, winning on national TV maybe the next step in our evolution.

Well, then we have hope. I think CBS still has Jets @ Bills as the featured game. Oh well, now that we got the no-win@Toronto monkey off our backs, winning on national TV maybe the next step in our evolution.

We're up against two stinkers in the 1:00 CBS slot (MIA @ KC and CLE @ HOU). It's the featured matchup by default.

Aren't SB Nation bloggers supposed to be well-versed in the sports and teams that they cover? You cannot tell me that the O-line in front of the least sacked QB in the league is nothing special.

"As far as I can tell, the Bills O-line is nothing special, especially on the left side."

^ NJ Bills fan here. (hell week for me) With regards to Sanchez, the Jets are in the worst case of denial i've ever seen. He can do no wrong because they invested so much to get him. Whenever I hear them covering for a piss poor performance, I always think of this scene from family guy.